The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by _JNavs_ »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Kaiju-King42 wrote:^I think that meme is just meant as a joke, dude.
Obviously, but it`s cringey once you analyze it in the slightest. As I said, it`s obnoxious in general for people to wish for fictional characters to harm people they don`t like, especially in the fact of how absolutely wrong it is.
Why? It's normally 99% of the time in good fun and humorous
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Obviously, but it`s cringey once you analyze it in the slightest. As I said, it`s obnoxious in general for people to wish for fictional characters to harm people they don`t like, especially in the fact of how absolutely wrong it is.
Me thinks you are over analyzing a joke too much. Like your mind just went from 0 to 100 fast over a meme.

And with that......I like your mom's sense of humor sorry bro.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

_JNavs_ wrote: Why? It's normally 99% of the time in good fun and humorous
Because quite frankly "hahaha Drumpf stoopid and he should just die" was played out in 2015
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

G2000 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Why? It's normally 99% of the time in good fun and humorous
Because quite frankly "hahaha Drumpf stoopid and he should just die" was played out in 2015
Oh no I didn't mean that, I personally find Trump to be a pretty funny guy, he may be questionable in office, but he's certainly still got that New York spirit lol. Tryna beef with every other country like he's on 42nd street lmao.

I meant the "joking about Fictional character killing someone you don't like is obnoxious, immature and childish" part.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue May 28, 2019 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

goji89 wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Me thinks you are over analyzing a joke too much. Like your mind just went from 0 to 100 fast over a meme.

Perhaps yeah, maybe less of a Godzilla-cringe and more of an annoyance with my moms vehement Anti-Trump positions and I sort of feel like G2000 in that regard. To be clear, I don`t like him, I guess my annoyance with current American politics and how its inescapable to me,m even in Japan bothers me.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
goji89 wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Obviously, but it`s cringey once you analyze it in the slightest. As I said, it`s obnoxious in general for people to wish for fictional characters to harm people they don`t like, especially in the fact of how absolutely wrong it is.

Perhaps yeah, maybe less of a Godzilla-cringe and more of an annoyance with my moms vehement Anti-Trump positions and I sort of feel like G2000 in that regard. To be clear, I don`t like him, I guess my annoyance with current American politics and how its inescapable to me,m even in Japan bothers me.
I hear ya and understand. But its the world we're living in right now, with the whole Brexit, left, right, abortions and the U.S. We can't watch anything without having politics shoved in our faces, be it sports, shows, award shows, movies. Imagine if we were all vocal about every little thing that annoys us or gets us angry we would never rest nor shut up and enjoy our everyday lives. I know I can't tell you what should or shouldn't annoy you but maybe take things with a grain of salt laugh it off and enjoy your time in freaking Japan *Which Im super envious of you*.

Enjoy your life and disregard trivial things like me....... :lol:

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

The comments in Chris Stuckmann and Jeremy Jahns' reviews of KOTM. Not calling anyone in there out, but good Lord it's a shit show. How can you even claim to be a fan of a franchise yet say all the movies are bad?
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

GodzillavsZilla wrote:The comments in Chris Stuckmann and Jeremy Jahns' reviews of KOTM. Not calling anyone in there out, but good Lord it's a poop show. How can you even claim to be a fan of a franchise yet say all the movies are bad?
because some fans only want monster action highlight reels, not actual movies

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

One of the more cringe things I've seen was a review on Amazon for the Bandai MMS 2019 Mothra were the reviewer claimed that Bandai made a bad Mothra figure on purpose because Japan was jealous we made a better Godzilla movie in the US.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

cloverfan98 wrote:One of the more cringe things I've seen was a review on Amazon for the Bandai MMS 2019 Mothra were the reviewer claimed that Bandai made a bad Mothra figure on purpose because Japan was jealous we made a better Godzilla movie in the US.
I remember a big reviewer from way back in the day, UltramanKronos, tried to say the Bandai Japan Godzilla 2014 was designed badly because of that very same reason :lol:

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

_JNavs_ wrote:
cloverfan98 wrote:One of the more cringe things I've seen was a review on Amazon for the Bandai MMS 2019 Mothra were the reviewer claimed that Bandai made a bad Mothra figure on purpose because Japan was jealous we made a better Godzilla movie in the US.
I remember a big reviewer from way back in the day, UltramanKronos, tried to say the Bandai Japan Godzilla 2014 was designed badly because of that very same reason :lol:
Kronos got cringey after a while. He went from reviews to 15 min rants about how unhappy he was about fans before failing to get his gaming channel off the ground

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

> "Oh wow, the early reviews are great! The critics love it, that means the movie is gonna be amazing!"
> "The critics don't like it? Who gives a fuck what they think, they're just a bunch of snobs."

I guess this is pretty representative of any film that doesn't get good reviews from critics, but is liked by some fans, but it's been prevalent these past 24 hours or so. Good reviews? Wave that shit around like a fucking flag. Bad reviews? Don't listen to critics, they're always wrong.
Godzillian wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Kronos got cringey after a while. He went from reviews to 15 min rants about how unhappy he was about fans before failing to get his gaming channel off the ground
He was, after all, one angry sob -_-
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Godzillian wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Lol I was wondering what happened to him, he seemed to get more and more ranty as time went on, similar to Deadzilla. Didn't know he tried to start up a gaming channel, I figured he migrated onto TK.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

MaxRebo320 wrote:> "Oh wow, the early reviews are great! The critics love it, that means the movie is gonna be amazing!"
> "The critics don't like it? Who gives a fuck what they think, they're just a bunch of snobs."

I guess this is pretty representative of any film that doesn't get good reviews from critics, but is liked by some fans, but it's been prevalent these past 24 hours or so. Good reviews? Wave that shit around like a fucking flag. Bad reviews? Don't listen to critics, they're always wrong.
Yeah, confirmation bias is one hell of a drug.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Michael Dougherty, the director and co-writer of the new actioner Godzilla: King of the Monsters (a sequel to 2014's Godzilla and the 35th film in the franchise), was unequivocal in his response: "It's a he, he's called King of the Monsters," Dougherty told Yahoo Entertainment at the film's recent Los Angeles press day (watch above). "It's a boy." His actor Ken Watanabe agreed.

"Hands down, it's a male," furthered Vera Farmiga, who plays paleobiologist Dr. Emma Russell. "I know the 'a' at the end of his name throws it, right?"

Kyle Chandler (who plays Emma's ex-husband Dr. Mark Russell), however, would prefer to keep the debate raging.

"I have a different view on it," the Friday Night Lights alum, who we heard watch every Godzilla movie in preparation, weighed in. "I think it's possible it's a woman."

"Or he's gender fluid," Farmiga countered.

"Where did baby Godzilla come from?" Chandler asked. "This is something my wife and I had a full conversation on this morning. It's a possibility, but it's not a certainty."

"He's kind of hybrid himself," Farmiga added. "He's amphibian and reptile."

That brings up yet another theory that's out there: That Godzilla is actually a hermaphrodite.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

goji89 wrote:Michael Dougherty, the director and co-writer of the new actioner Godzilla: King of the Monsters (a sequel to 2014's Godzilla and the 35th film in the franchise), was unequivocal in his response: "It's a he, he's called King of the Monsters," Dougherty told Yahoo Entertainment at the film's recent Los Angeles press day (watch above). "It's a boy." His actor Ken Watanabe agreed.

"Hands down, it's a male," furthered Vera Farmiga, who plays paleobiologist Dr. Emma Russell. "I know the 'a' at the end of his name throws it, right?"

Kyle Chandler (who plays Emma's ex-husband Dr. Mark Russell), however, would prefer to keep the debate raging.

"I have a different view on it," the Friday Night Lights alum, who we heard watch every Godzilla movie in preparation, weighed in. "I think it's possible it's a woman."

"Or he's gender fluid," Farmiga countered.

"Where did baby Godzilla come from?" Chandler asked. "This is something my wife and I had a full conversation on this morning. It's a possibility, but it's not a certainty."

"He's kind of hybrid himself," Farmiga added. "He's amphibian and reptile."

That brings up yet another theory that's out there: That Godzilla is actually a hermaphrodite.
Ya had me at the start, but lost me by the end, my master...

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

To show you my apprentice that there are darker forces worse than us out there.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

The person who ghosted me on Shin Godzilla asked me if I was willing to go to KOTM a second time to see it with them as I was editing my review video. I had this whole speech in my head in which I was gonna tell them to go screw themself because what they did was incredibly douchy and hurt my feelings and showed they didn't respect me, my feelings, my time or our friendship. And I was just too tired to fight. The movie drained me. I just stared at them blankly till they left the room, got my video done and went to bed.

Honestly even if the ghosting thing never happen I would have just told them they wouldn't like it, cause I knew as I was watching this movie no one I know would like it.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Fri May 31, 2019 10:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Living Corpse wrote:The person who ghosted me on Shin Godzilla asked me if I was willing to go to KOTM a second time to see it with them as I was editing my review video. I had this whole speech in my head in which I was gonna tell them to go screw themself because what they did was incredibly douchy and hurt my feelings and showed they didn't respect me, my feelings, my time or our friendship. And I was just too tired to fight. The movie drained me. I just stared at them blankly till they left the room, got my video done and went to bed.

Honestly even if the ghosting thing never happen I would have just told them they wouldn't like it, cause I knew as I was watching this movie no one I know would like it.
A person tries to make up for a falling out, or randomly not wanting to see Shin, and you degrade them online?

Edit: I mean hey, maybe you should look at it in a positive light, rather then an overtly negative one. And also I liked KOTM, and clearly this person wants to see it with you so why not. I saw KOTM twice alone, and the second time I enjoyed it more so yeah.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:The person who ghosted me on Shin Godzilla asked me if I was willing to go to KOTM a second time to see it with them as I was editing my review video. I had this whole speech in my head in which I was gonna tell them to go screw themself because what they did was incredibly douchy and hurt my feelings and showed they didn't respect me, my feelings, my time or our friendship. And I was just too tired to fight. The movie drained me. I just stared at them blankly till they left the room, got my video done and went to bed.

A person tries to make up for a falling out, or randomly not wanting to see Shin, and you degrade them online?

Edit: I mean hey, maybe you should look at it in a positive light, rather then an overtly negative one. And also I liked KOTM, and clearly this person wants to see it with you so why not. I saw KOTM twice alone, and the second time I enjoyed it more so yeah.
1. They were not making up for it. They think the ghosting was not a big deal.

2. I didn't ask them to see Shin, they asked me to take them, and then ghosted with no explanation.

But yeah sure, I'm the asshole.