The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
godjacob
Futurian

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by godjacob »

MV Ghidorah is my fav Ghidorah of all time and I won't be shy in saying that, but it doesn't mean I don't appreciate the other incarnations of the character or what they bring to the table in the expansive Kaiju multiverse. Feel that should be the mindset with Kaiju in general.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

godjacob wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:36 am MV Ghidorah is my fav Ghidorah of all time and I won't be shy in saying that, but it doesn't mean I don't appreciate the other incarnations of the character or what they bring to the table in the expansive Kaiju multiverse. Feel that should be the mindset with Kaiju in general.
I agree too, it just sad that some people aren’t like that

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Yeah just sad.......tsk, tsk.

The Biogoji suit is the greatest Godzilla suit and representation of Godzilla to exist and others just...exist.

I won't be shy about that either.
Last edited by goji89 on Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

The FW Hedorah sucks snot compared to GVH Hedorah. I know it's trash, but, like, it's trash.
I suppose it's not all bad, but I really don't like the slimmed look and I will never understand why they simplified the eyes to just red with a yellow dot when Hedorah's eyes are so distinctive. The tube thing also just grosses me out.

I'm generally the sort of person who doesn't pick favourites over designs, though.
Last edited by Thegarbagemonster on Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaiju-Killer 751
Monsterland Worker

Post by Kaiju-Killer 751 »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:32 pm The FW Hedorah sucks snot compared to GVH Hedorah. I know it's trash, but, like, it's trash.
I suppose it's not all bad, but I really don't like the slimmed look and I will never understand why they simplified the eyes to just red with a yellow dot when Hedorah's eyes are so distinctive. The tube thing also just grosses me out.

I'm generally the sort of person who doesn't pick favourites over designs, though.
I think to Hedorah, sucking snot would be a compliment rather than a detraction. I think it was actually modeled to be a 'male' Hedorah, hence why it has the protrusion and the less....'distinctive' eyes compared to the Showa one which I believe was considered female.

And I don't think there's anything wrong with having favorites in terms of designs or incarnations-it's just a matter of acknowledging that (A) Not everyone has the same opinions on those designs as you (B) Understanding that each design generally has strengths and weaknesses, and (C) Not being a total screoonk about your favorite designs to the point you have to actively tear down someone else's opinion on them.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Kaiju-Killer 751 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:32 am (C) Not being a total screoonk about your favorite designs to the point you have to actively tear down someone else's opinion on them.
Agreed 100%.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Listen I'll tear down the walls of Moria and I'll tear down the Berlin wall and I'll tear down a damn suit I don't like.
Because I am a total fuck.

Goji89 suit is the best there is, the best there was and the best that will ever be and that's the bottom line cause Goji89 said so
*cue Stone Cold theme music*

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

goji89 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:52 am Listen I'll tear down the walls of Moria and I'll tear down the Berlin wall and I'll tear down a damn suit I don't like.
Because I am a total skreeonk.

Goji89 suit is the best there is, the best there was and the best that will ever be and that's the bottom line cause Goji89 said so
Respectable stance. I tend to favor the MV Godzilla because well, scenes like this exist.
Spoiler:
But when it comes to personal preferences, I don't see there ever being a wrong answer to something.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Godzilla 1989 land suit works out at the gym
Godzilla 1989 water suit works out at the library

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

godjacob wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:06 pm
goji89 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:52 am Listen I'll tear down the walls of Moria and I'll tear down the Berlin wall and I'll tear down a damn suit I don't like.
Because I am a total skreeonk.

Respectable stance. I tend to favor the MV Godzilla because well, scenes like this exist.
Spoiler:
But when it comes to personal preferences, I don't see there ever being a wrong answer to something.
Also respectable stance, I tend to favour MosuGoji because of scenes like this:
Spoiler:

Honestly, I think this is the best introductory scene Godzilla has.
But when it comes to personal preferences, I believe there is no wrong answer, unless you believe that MusukoGoji (67) is the best design without a doubt.
Last edited by Voyager on Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

Kaiju-Killer 751
Monsterland Worker

Post by Kaiju-Killer 751 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK_qopiEoYg I don't know if this is cringe or not, but I do think it's friggin' hilarious
Last edited by Kaiju-Killer 751 on Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Kaiju-Killer 751 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:55 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK_qopiEoYg I don't know if this is cringe or not, but I do think it's friggin' hilarious
What the fuck. That is... something else.
For Emperor and Empire!

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Kaiju-Killer 751 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:55 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK_qopiEoYg I don't know if this is cringe or not, but I do think it's friggin' hilarious
Oh I love this video, I forgot that it even existed

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

AlwaysGoji is the superior CG Godzilla, any other preference is crinch
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

YES THIS VIDEO

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:38 pm AlwaysGoji is the superior CG Godzilla, any other preference is crinch
Yeah, totally Grinch.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

goji89 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:32 am
Dv-218 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:11 am
goji89 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:57 am

Yeah skreeonk those guy's.

Luckily I've never done this.
I know right? You are definitely the least obsessive person I have seen around here. I'm 100% sure you don't have a shrine dedicated to Biogoji memorabilia or something of that sort.
Yeah, I mean why obsess over one suit or kaiju when you have so many flavors to choose from, it's not like you LOVE one particular flavor than any other.

Nope not me.............

Idol worshipping sick skreeonks.

*clutches G89 figure*
To be fair, Godzilla 1989 is objectively the best suit and nobody has made a compelling argument otherwise

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Executive Hamster wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:33 pm

To be fair, Godzilla 1989 is objectively the best suit and nobody has made a compelling argument otherwise
This is by far the best damn post I've seen a hot minute.

You are a man of the greatest of tastes. A tip of my hat to you.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

goji89 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:40 pm
Executive Hamster wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:33 pm

This is by far the best damn post I've seen a hot minute.

You are a man of the greatest of tastes. A tip of my hat to you.
Why, thank you good sir. It truly is an honor.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Executive Hamster wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:33 pm To be fair, Godzilla 1989 is objectively the best suit and nobody has made a compelling argument otherwise
KingGoji, MosuGoji, RadoGoji, DesuGoji, GMKGoji, KiryuGoji, FinalGoji, MVGoji (specifically 2019/2021), ShinGoji, GyuraGoji...need i say more? :lol:
Last edited by Jermobooka on Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: