The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Voyager wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:17 pm this
Why is the one Godzilla making a face like the one tweaker hyena from Lion King
Why am I analyzing this picture
j u s t w h y
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Jermobooka wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:40 pm Oh my god. You think r/monsterverse is cringe? Read the comments from default pic users under wikizilla articles. I just stumbled upon children skreeonking roleplaying in the comments of Showa Goji’s wiki. I can’t...i want to die

wut

Added in 1 minute 31 seconds:
Aaaaand found it.

"I need someone to roleplay as Mothra(disinigrated) because im already Godzilla. Whoever plays as Mothra has to have a dying voice saying "G-g-godzi-lla,take m-m-y power.""

Added in 19 minutes 9 seconds:
Well, it's not Godzilla but it sure is painful.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:34 pm

Gimme da dinosauw toy, mistew 89..... I wanna PWAY WIT IT...... GIMME!!!!!!!!!
-_-

Did you just Pet Sematary me?

There's about to be a girl fight up in this B.

Added in 2 minutes 56 seconds:
Voyager wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:17 pm I know this was posted a while back but I wanna bring it back up for the newbies and to refresh the memory.

This picture angers me. I look at it, and it pisses me off. Maybe it's the faces the Godzilla's are making and the fact they're all jacked to poop, but this makes me angry to no end.
Sonava......fuck.

What's wrong with these people man? I mean Piper Perry is not all spread eagle on the couch like this damn moth whore. She is sitting crossed legged like a damn lady. Get your crap together people.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Jermobooka wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:40 pm Oh my god. You think r/monsterverse is cringe? Read the comments from default pic users under wikizilla articles. I just stumbled upon children skreeonking roleplaying in the comments of Showa Goji’s wiki. I can’t...i want to die
Well, they are children. Not what I would think of as cringe.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Kaiju-King42 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:08 pm
Well, they are children. Not what I would think of as cringe.
Children can be cringe too trust me.

Buuut, I'm gonna agree with you KK42, sounds like kids just having fun roleplaying nothing wrong with that, these are the future TK'ers afterall. I hope they never grow up and take fucking Godzilla films all serious like some fans do.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

I used to roleplay as Hedorah with an army of flies lol

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:17 am I used to roleplay as Hedorah with an army of flies lol
Bow that I think about it, a swarm of flying Hedorahs would be terrifying.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:17 am I used to roleplay as Hedorah with an army of flies lol
Awwwww that's cu.......wait what?

Is that even possible?

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Anything's possible with imaaaaaaaagination
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:19 am Anything's possible with imaaaaaaaagination
Bruh, don't put that damn song in my head.

Damn it too late.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

goji89 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:28 am that damn song
I didn't mean to, really I don't even like John Lennon :oops:
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:47 am
Bow that I think about it, a swarm of flying Hedorahs would be terrifying.
I figured due to the fact its a pollution/gore monster, it would smell incredibly rotten and attract millions of insects, and then they'd somehow become hooked on its fumes and attack anything that threatens it, like a beehive but communal for thousands of different types of flies, beetles etc. Anything that feeds on trash or carrion. Perhaps certain birds or rodents, too. Of course, Hedorah would still be toxic to these insects and things, they're just too addicted to have rational thought.

I don't like roleplaying anymore, though, I kinda lost the imagination for storytelling.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:44 am
goji89 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:28 am that damn song
I didn't mean to, really I don't even like John Lennon :oops:
No dude, I thought you meant that damn South Park song when they're in imagination land lol.

Kaiju-Killer 751
Monsterland Worker

Post by Kaiju-Killer 751 »

goji89 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:36 pm Sonava......skreeonk.

What's wrong with these people man? I mean Piper Perry is not all spread eagle on the couch like this damn moth whore. She is sitting crossed legged like a damn lady. Get your crap together people.
'spread eagle on the couch like this damn moth whore' is a sentence I never would have expected to read in my life.

And yet, somehow, I'm kinda grateful I got to witness it.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I think the online breakdown I had a quarter-year ago in this very thread counts as cringe.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

That RP was cringe, but made less cringe by the fact that the second guy responding was clearly a troll. What was worse for me was the Jurassic Park fanboy making arguments as to why Godzilla is definitely a dinosaur. That gave me PTSD to my deviantart days.

On that note, another example of deviantart cringe is the user dinossword, an old friend of mine, who always insisted Godzilla was a tyrannosaurus specifically. Why? Probably just awesomebro-ism. But his arguments for Godzilla being a Tyrannosaurus not only didnt make sense, but they were blatantly false at times. "He has a T.rex shaped head" No, he definitely doesn't. "Godzilla is intellegent, like a T.rex" T.rex wasnt very intelligent though. And whenever you brought up the fact that Godzilla has big arms with four to five fingers, he just said it was a mutation.
Last edited by Executive Hamster on Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Executive Hamster wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:34 am
That RP was cringe, but made less cringe by the fact that the second guy responding was clearly a troll. What was worse for me was the Jurassic Park fanboy making arguments as to why Godzilla is definitely a dinosaur. That gave me PTSD to my deviantart days.

On that note, another example of deviantart cringe is the user dinossword, an old friend of mine, who always insisted Godzilla was a tyrannosaurus specifically. Why? Probably just awesomebro-ism. But his arguments for Godzilla being a Tyrannosaurus not only didnt make sense, but they were blatantly false at times. "He has a T.rex shaped head" No, he definitely doesn't. "Godzilla is intellegent, like a T.rex" T.rex wasnt very intelligent though. And whenever you brought up the fact that Godzilla has big arms with four to five fingers, he just said it was a mutation.
That moment when Godzilla has a canonical defined dinosaur species and your friend ignores it

Added in 5 minutes :
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:29 am I think the online breakdown I had a quarter-year ago in this very thread counts as cringe.
Since you're comfortable bringing it up, what was it over? I have no clue what you mean.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

goji89 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:19 am No dude, I thought you meant that damn South Park song when they're in imagination land lol.
:lol: It was actually Spongebob but at this point, it doesn't matter. We've got vore, moth-wh*res, Gigan getting some and just all kinds of other deviant.... art
None of it matters
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:36 pm
Added in 19 minutes 9 seconds:
Well, it's not Godzilla but it sure is painful.
YOOOOO I wish I knew how to post images because I found some of this person's art in the wild. It was a Jack Ultra Medal (barefoot type ofc) if I remember correctly.
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I could've went my entire life without seeing sweaty Ultraman feet.

Apocalypse when?
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Kaiju-Killer 751
Monsterland Worker

Post by Kaiju-Killer 751 »

Executive Hamster wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:34 am

I mean, Tyrannosaurus Rex was pretty intelligent, but Godzilla is just on a whole different level, and any arguments that Godzilla is this specific dinosaur is kinda....well, nonsensical, because he never HAS been a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

Also, in regards to what can be considered 'cringe', would fetish stuff be allowed? Because I do know an artist (not personally) who makes some...really, really, REALLY outlandish Godzilla 'art' (mostly via 3D models) involving a very niche and extreme fetish. On the one hand, I definitely cringe when I see it, but on the other hand...do I really have the right to judge and chide someone just cuz their interests don't match mine?