The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
G2000
Xilien Halfling

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by G2000 »

Orichalcum wrote:That belongs here
It is the place for it
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
edgaguirus wrote:
AllosaurHell wrote:People who complain about Scylla and insist that Kumonga should have been in KOTM instead, Kumonga is literally just a giant tarantula and nowhere near as interesting as a spider-crab-squid thing that shoots liquid nitrogen, why people hate Scylla and prefer Kumonga is beyond me.
I'm sure if Scylla had more that cameos in the film, it would get more respect. Kumonga is a great monster, but nostalgia aside, it's nice to get new kaiju now and then.
...it’s a big CGI monster that has less then a minute of screen time, that came out in the latest film, versus a monster that has been around for 50 years, been in multiple movies and things like the comics.
Exactly. Put Scylla in a comic book or another movie, and it will get more love.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

I want to know where I can find the most edgiest Godzilla fanart/OC that exists. I'm on a mission.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

DirektorSplennic wrote:I want to know where I can find the most edgiest Godzilla fanart/OC that exists. I'm on a mission.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/concept_art ... zilla4.htm

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Living Corpse wrote:
DirektorSplennic wrote:I want to know where I can find the most edgiest Godzilla fanart/OC that exists. I'm on a mission.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/concept_art ... zilla4.htm
I was hoping for something involving Gigan 2004, but damn. That's e d g y.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Pretty much all of the Gigan Species Alternate Homeworld page can fit this but this guy definitely takes the cake, at least in design:

http://gigaleo.com/althw/dtrajan.html

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Pretty much all of the Gigan Species Alternate Homeworld page can fit this but this guy definitely takes the cake, at least in design:

I like that you just had this on hand

“Gaiganny” sounds like a grandparent or an alternative sexuality
Last edited by G2000 on Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

G2000 wrote: I like that you just had this on hand
It's a recurring joke in my Discord group. It's the best worst thing ever.
G2000 wrote:
“Gaiganny” sounds like a grandparent or an alternative sexuality
Oh it's worse, it's a female mate for Gigan.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

UltramanGoji wrote:

I gotta be careful not to cut myself on all this Ȅ̷̫ ̸̙͔͐D̶͉̑͠ ̷͇̉̓G̶̝̳̽̓ ̶͍́̽͜E̵̙͝
Last edited by DirektorSplennic on Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

There’s always this strange weird fan-fic that’s completely unrecognizable to what the franchise or source material ever was.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Kiryu and Gigan 2004 seem to get the most when it comes to the ḛ̴͝d̸̟̋ḡ̷̟è̷͉ treatment. Kinda a shame because I like those incarnations a lot.
Last edited by DirektorSplennic on Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Fish Cakes wrote:Image
And this is why we never speak of r/Godzilla.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Fun fact: there are 35 Godzilla movies but you wouldn’t know that if your exposure to the franchise was r/Godzilla.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Terasawa wrote:Fun fact: there are 35 Godzilla movies but you wouldn’t know that if your exposure to the franchise was r/Godzilla.
“Toho? What sort of Titan is that?”
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Terasawa wrote:Fun fact: there are 35 Godzilla movies but you wouldn’t know that if your exposure to the franchise was r/Godzilla.
35, what do you mean? There's DAE '98, Godzilla: Infinity War, THE ORIGINAL IS MASTERPIECE UNLIKE MY BASIC OPINION, Shin Nationalist Propaganda, lol monsterverse, lol monsterverse 2: Kevin meme boogaloo, jet jaguar vs funny dropkick xD, Godzilla vs Fedorah, DAE cry when heisei Godzilla dies? :(, Minya looks dumb unlike me, Godzilla vs Stupid Munky Who Should Have Lost! That's the entire franchise.
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Fish Cakes wrote:Image
On a side note, I watched Rebirth of Mothra 1+2 last night, and while the latter was super full, both films were exceptionally magical and innocent.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Fish Cakes wrote:
35, what do you mean? There's DAE '98, Godzilla: Infinity War, THE ORIGINAL IS MASTERPIECE UNLIKE MY BASIC OPINION, Shin Nationalist Propaganda, lol monsterverse, lol monsterverse 2: Kevin meme boogaloo, jet jaguar vs funny dropkick xD, Godzilla vs Fedorah, DAE cry when heisei Godzilla dies? :(, Minya looks dumb unlike me, Godzilla vs Stupid Munky Who Should Have Lost! That's the entire franchise.
I swear this is how everyone there acts. Why do people say we'rethe messed up ones? :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

tyrantgoji wrote:I swear this is how everyone there acts. Why do people say we'rethe messed up ones? :lol:
To be fair (and reasonable), quite a few people here act the same way from what I've seen. Definitely less a kid-filled mess though. I'd rank both higher than Sunstone at least. Oh man, that place was BAD.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

r/Godzilla is basically that old "When I Saw The Showa Movie's white My Friend's They seid WTF is This Your showing Me to Men Fighting In suit's they found At party city Butt" post from here but turned into an actual community.
Last edited by Smuggers on Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.