The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
ZinK
Interpol Agent

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by ZinK »

Living Corpse wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnW5Htthpuw[/yotube]

Cause joking about raping an 11 year old girl is tots edgelord edgy level, am I rite guys?
It's ironic because he's some of the biggest fandom related cringe I've ever seen.
c a k e e v e r y n i g h t

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

ZinK wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnW5Htthpuw[/yotube]

Cause joking about raping an 11 year old girl is tots edgelord edgy level, am I rite guys?
It's ironic because he's some of the biggest fandom related cringe I've ever seen.
Some of my subs? They're also subs of him and totally support this unacceptable behavior.

And people say my rant about my subs was "mean" and "uncalled for"? Bitch please, a lot of them are great but a lot of them are not innocent angels. I've seen what this kid looks like, he honestly looks like the kid who would be one of the ones who get bullied, so you know he's doing this cause online there's no risk of cement meeting the face. This is the bad side of the internet, even the kids who normally would be the victim of IRL bullying become bullies online cause they know there's no risk of being punched.

They are the definition of coward.

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

I just looked up a guy called Onigojirakaiju. All I can say is.... the horror...... the horror.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

Living Corpse wrote:

You know? I may really hate rape jokes but I got thick enough skin to ignore them. But in regards to a minor, especially a child? Yah, that gets my cringe badge of dishonor right there.

WeegeeZilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by WeegeeZilla »

TyrantGojira wrote:I just looked up a guy called Onigojirakaiju. All I can say is.... the horror...... the horror.
I remember reading this guy's Encyclopedia Dramatica page a while back. All I can say is that he has some particularly...strange...ways of going about when faced with criticism. Strange even for DeviantART's standards. And then, there's the R34 he draws.

Listen, I don't look up R34, but even I know that you shouldn't draw it like an 8 year old kid using colouring pencils and crayons.

Added in 1 hour 48 minutes 6 seconds:
Desghidorah wrote:
Living Corpse wrote: -Snip-
You know? I may really hate rape jokes but I got thick enough skin to ignore them. But in regards to a minor, especially a child? Yah, that gets my cringe badge of dishonor right there.
What makes matters worse is the army of white knight kiddos this guy has following around, who straight up claim the things this person is saying in the video weren't even said.
Some might say that life is a great challenge, and something insurmountably difficult. I say to that, "Bring it on."

Tarbosaurus
GPN Volunteer

Post by Tarbosaurus »

When arguments of G'2014 vs. Shin devolve from questions of who'd win in a fight to someone inevitably swearing up and down (while actually swearing) that Toho hated the Legendary Pictures movie so much they made Shin as a real Godzilla, just like what happened with the 1998 film spurring G'2k.

TyrantGojira wrote:I just looked up a guy called Onigojirakaiju. All I can say is.... the horror...... the horror.
For any kiddies on the forums, spot me a favor? Do not look up Onigojirakaiju on ED. Trust me, you don't wanna know.

WeegeeZilla wrote:
I'll sum it up.

- Yet another crossover hell of MLP and Godzilla (Plus Ultraman, Gamera and any other Kaiju franchise you can think of) that no one bar the creator and his/her/their fans needed nor wanted.

- Unexplained and borderline infantile character changes that seem to be solely for 'aesthetic' appeal. Destoroyah is apparently both female and now a heroine (BECAUSE AI AM PONAIY LOLOLOLOL) and SpaceGodzilla is inexplicably renamed to Xenilla, a name which The Bridge's fans will bitch and moan at you for criticising.

- Fanbase comprised mostly of children who will white knight the bewildered creator, who (fortunately) responds to criticism fairly well, even though their fans send death threats to you over DeviantART.

I guess the only plus is that the artwork looks... decent? I haven't seen nor do I intend to see anything of the MLP franchise, but from base level comparisons the creator seems to put at least some effort into making their work look like it came out of the show.

Writer of the crazy train a.k.a Bridge here. Had a pleasant chat (no sarcasm there) with Weegee over PM so I'll just address a few things here. Just to say however, I have 0 issues with people not liking or not wanting to read my handiwork. Free world and everyone's entitled to opinions and wishes after all.

-I fully admit the crossover idea for these two series sounds absolutely insane. Had I not been the guy to write what came of it, I to this day would insist it sounds like a parody of bad fics. Heck, the TVtropes page for it admits such. I had my reasons for doing it and I have enjoyed writing for it. One of the reasons I ended up doing it was actually because I saw how the current stories of that crossover type were, didn't like how things were; so I decided to take a crack at it myself and ended up expanding.

-Actually, those changes had reasons beyond aesthetic. I'm a zoologist by education (get my degree later this semester) and Destoroyah's biology made more sense to be either female or, given non-mammalians use different chromosome to determine sex, something equivalent to it. There's a speel about parthenogenesis I could go into, but I'll save the ramble. Plus it was simply easier to write rather than calling Des an "it" constantly and a certain story I won't name I don't take fancy to did something similar so I wanted to distance myself from it. Also fan art changed her personality long before it did in the story. Her first action upon ending up on the other side of the crossover was to rip something apart and eat them. Took 23 chapters of for development and an inhibitor for her to do anything resembling a good act.

As for Xenilla, was actually because it's a crossover. When I was running info by readers and friends early on whom weren't G-fans, they were confused why one character's name was another character's name (Godzilla) with an adjective (Space), thinking it was a form change of sorts. And given the character in-story behaves differently from a lot of fan interpretations of the movie character, I compromised by busting out some taxonomy naming rules. In this case, it was Xeno (meaning stranger, foreigner, from space) + -zilla = Xenilla; a.k.a "Godzilla from space" or "Space Godzilla".

-Actually, a large amount of my frequent readerbase I have the honor of entertaining is older than I am. I figured that out for the first time when one fellow mentioned seeing G'1985 in theaters :lol:. Made lots of friends that helped me through some dreary times with their help. They're really good folks both on FimFic and DA, whom at worst I've seen react to some real thuggish morons who bash what they like. I didn't help make something widespread without attracting some bad attention. First 2 years I couldn't go two days without getting some ticked off individual trying to charge me with a verbal chainsaw over the sites I had accounts on. There definitely is one or two people who follow the story who've caused trouble in the past though, that I don't deny in the slightest and I've done my best to play damage control alongside my more level headed readers. One individual whom I won't name (they use multiple usernames very similar to other people and I don't want to spur confusion) even acted assinine to my co-creator and girlfriend enough she was forced to block them because they kept picking fights on her art pages. I know what it's like to be on the receiving end of mindless fan bashing, so I try my best to keep up standards that thankfully a vast majority of my readers uphold.

-Any compliments on artwork are to be funneled to my aforementioned sweetheart. It started when I was writing the first few chapters and she got interested, wanting to do character concept art. The only involvement I've had in her artwork had been the initial design for the changed kaiju and a suggestion or two when she wanted to illustrate a certain scene. Otherwise, it's all her talent which I'm always grateful for. All credit to her, I'm just the whacko writing it :P
"That's what I get for attacking a pirate-scientist." - POLE7645 on Ogata's life choices

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

So there's a LeafyisHere clone, but with Godzilla fans? But why though?
I'm torn between looking up OniGojiraKaiju and staying as far from it as I can.
On the subject of the Bridge, I've never read it, maybe I will eventually, but the crossover idea doesn't immediately turn me off. I'm of the belief that any crossover can work if the writing is good enough. Plus, I've seen a few episodes of MLP, didn't quite appeal to me but I could see how people would like it.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

I kinda hate time travel as a concept in film, because the execution always invites so much room for paradox and, long story short, things that just don't make too much sense. It has kinda spoiled my love of the Terminator franchise over the years, and now it makes Godzilla vs King Ghidorah hard to enjoy the way I used to.

I think everyone has their 'line' where things in film start to become too silly or too improbable for the suspension of disbelief to really continue....and for me, time travel in sci-fi is one of those things.

Also when you start to get into outright 'magic' in an otherwise sci-fi based series...it feels like a line is crossed. Godzilla, Godzilla Raids Again, and Godzilla vs King Kong are in one territory, but once you introduce the mystical being that is Mothra, and the fairies that sing magic songs to influence her....you get into a different realm.

I guess I prefer my kaiju, when the films are largely set in the 'present day', to be more of a sci-fi variety. Mutated creatures, ancient creatures, alien in origin(not in terms of 'controlled by alien invaders as much as 'not of this earth but originating from space somehow')........when the films start to get into "magic", mystical energy, prophecies, spirits, and things of that nature....for me PERSONALLY it starts to not really click so well.

Despite the very quality filmmaking that goes into the films, the subject matter/concepts of the material in the Gamera Trilogy and GMK makes them harder for me to really LOVE the way I used to.

Extreme sci-fi is too much as well. I'll never be able to 'buy' Japan having a friggin black hole canon to use against Godzilla. That is just beyond the pale.

It sort of becomes a bit of 'enjoyment with a constant reminder of how hokey it all is'.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Tarbosaurus wrote: Writer of the crazy train a.k.a Bridge here.
:twisted: I finally found you.....

Wish you never wrote that "bridge" fan fic. Do you know how many ponies I've had to put down. To see my idol being next to MLP and being a crossover?

But hey, you sound like a great guy, and your attitude toward it is cool. So uh, yeah......

Tarbosaurus
GPN Volunteer

Post by Tarbosaurus »

goji89 wrote:

Wish you never wrote that "bridge" fan fic. Do you know how many ponies I've had to put down. To see my idol being next to MLP and being a crossover?

But hey, you sound like a great guy, and your attitude toward it is cool. So uh, yeah......
I've had an active account on at least 4 big websites, I'm not hard to find :lol:

To each their own. Trust me, nothing you say could crown you the most vocal or bombastic critic I've ever had. At this point nothing really bugs me about it and that's worked out pretty well for me.

Thanks for the compliment. I'm just having some harmless fun entertaining others with something I've had fun writing. I try to be pretty chill about it.
"That's what I get for attacking a pirate-scientist." - POLE7645 on Ogata's life choices

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Tarbosaurus wrote:
goji89 wrote:

I've had an active account on at least 4 big websites, I'm not hard to find :lol:

To each their own. Trust me, nothing you say could crown you the most vocal or bombastic critic I've ever had. At this point nothing really bugs me about it and that's worked out pretty well for me.

Thanks for the compliment. I'm just having some harmless fun entertaining others with something I've had fun writing. I try to be pretty chill about it.
God damn it......No! No! Your supposed to be a dick and we would argue and everything. I had everything planned out too. Oh shit better call off the hitman...... :lol:

Nice to know you can roll with the punches your cool......

Don't touch my franchise ever again...... :lol:

Tarbosaurus
GPN Volunteer

Post by Tarbosaurus »

goji89 wrote:
Tarbosaurus wrote:

God damn it......No! No! Your supposed to be a dick and we would argue and everything. I had everything planned out too. Oh shit better call off the hitman...... :lol:

Nice to know you can roll with the punches your cool......

Don't touch my franchise ever again...... :lol:
Eh, I was raised right. I try not to pick fights and I have no quarrel with you. I appreciate calling off the bald shooty-man :D

Sorry buddy, got chapters to finish; arcs to tell. Just live and let live. As earlier in this thread demonstrates, nothing I could do would be the worst thing the franchise has endured.

If anyone wants to talk any on this topic with me, I'm open to PMs. Trying not to clog the thread.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Maybe this is the right topic, maybe it isn't, but I'm saying it anyway.
Some people's ideas of what should be in the Monsterverse are ridiculous to me. Like there was this one person I saw who said they wanted the following in the Monsterverse.
Jet Jaguar.
Keizer Ghidorah.
Zilla Jr.
Komodithrax.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Tarbosaurus
GPN Volunteer

Post by Tarbosaurus »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:Maybe this is the right topic, maybe it isn't, but I'm saying it anyway.
Some people's ideas of what should be in the Monsterverse are ridiculous to me. Like there was this one person I saw who said they wanted the following in the Monsterverse.
Jet Jaguar.
Keizer Ghidorah.
Zilla Jr.
Komodithrax.

A MV Jet Jaguar would be so awesomely stupid I admit, I'd love to see it. The others? Eh. The GTAS duo probably would just confuse people as to if the film was tied to the 1998 film or not, so shot in the foot right there.

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:So there's a LeafyisHere clone, but with Godzilla fans?
That idea already makes me cringe.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

"GODzilla is the first Christian superhero"
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

ZinK
Interpol Agent

Post by ZinK »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:"GODzilla is the first Christian superhero"
Could you link me to where you read this?

WeegeeZilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by WeegeeZilla »

Graphic violence in Kaiju films can sometimes be cringy to me, but not in a bad cringe way, I mean a painful cringe way. I'm one of those people who can feel pain somewhere in my body when watching actual injury to that part or hearing people talk about an injury to that part. Weird, but true!
Some might say that life is a great challenge, and something insurmountably difficult. I say to that, "Bring it on."

ZinK
Interpol Agent

Post by ZinK »

WeegeeZilla wrote:Graphic violence in Kaiju films can sometimes be cringy to me, but not in a bad cringe way, I mean a painful cringe way. I'm one of those people who can feel pain somewhere in my body when watching actual injury to that part or hearing people talk about an injury to that part. Weird, but true!
This happens to me too. Like when I'm watching a slasher flick and somebody's throat gets slashed, my neck feels funny. When Jirass got his frill ripped off in Ultraman that was cringe-worthy in a painful way.

ZinK
Interpol Agent

Post by ZinK »

Pretty spicy one.
Filled with bland unoriginal OCs, erotic fanfictions, and shitty drawings. Her OC's name is "Female Godilla".
http://femalegodzillakaijus.deviantart.com/gallery/