The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
SoggyNoodles2016

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Two separate posts on r/Godzilla (I know, shut up, I like some of the memes) where they talk about people ripping off Godzilla.....referring to the (KOTM esque, admittedly) Reigo DVD and the purposefully Moguera like monster from Toho's Sentai ripoffs

Just do some researchs, you fucks.

RIP Evan.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Screen-Rant revealed a notoriously shitty article about monsters that are stronger then Godzilla. I’m not going to debate any monsters they think are stronger, because it’s a fruitless exercise, but this beautiful quote happens when Gyaos is brought up:
Gyaos can shoot laser beams out of its mouth, not unlike Godzilla. Gyaos was part of the Gamera series for a long time, which was a monster very similar to Godzilla. But Gyaos was also present in several Godzilla films as well.
This type of shit shows that whoever wrote this, probably has only seen one or two films, and do absolutely zero research into the monsters or films themselves. This isn’t some bullshit nit picky “Godzilla isn’t a lizard” comment I’m making. It’s something that if you write an article on should take two minutes.

Some other choice quotes:
The film's story is about a horrific monster that kidnaps a young girl, and her father must do whatever it takes to rescue her before it is too late. The Host has ranked on numerous Top 10 lists since its release more than a decade ago. The monster that the film focuses on appears to be a mutated fish, it would undoubtedly have the upper hand should it and Godzilla fight in the sea.
So this person doesn’t know that Godzilla usually is depicted as an amphibious monster who is capable of the sea. It also implies that the person hasn’t seen the Host, as they’d instantly realize the monster is about the size of a car, not some huge kaiju sized creature.

This article makes me think that Screen Rant makes fake fucking lists, in order to trigger fans to get hate click. Hence why I’m not linking anyone there.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Screen-Rant revealed a notoriously shitty article about monsters that are stronger then Godzilla. I’m not going to debate any monsters they think are stronger, because it’s a fruitless exercise, but this beautiful quote happens when Gyaos is brought up:
Gyaos can shoot laser beams out of its mouth, not unlike Godzilla. Gyaos was part of the Gamera series for a long time, which was a monster very similar to Godzilla. But Gyaos was also present in several Godzilla films as well.
This type of poop shows that whoever wrote this, probably has only seen one or two films, and do absolutely zero research into the monsters or films themselves. This isn’t some bullshit nit picky “Godzilla isn’t a lizard” comment I’m making. It’s something that if you write an article on should take two minutes.

The film's story is about a horrific monster that kidnaps a young girl, and her father must do whatever it takes to rescue her before it is too late. The Host has ranked on numerous Top 10 lists since its release more than a decade ago. The monster that the film focuses on appears to be a mutated fish, it would undoubtedly have the upper hand should it and Godzilla fight in the sea.
So this person doesn’t know that Godzilla usually is depicted as an amphibious monster who is capable of the sea. It also implies that the person hasn’t seen the Host, as they’d instantly realize the monster is about the size of a car, not some huge kaiju sized creature.

This article makes me think that Screen Rant makes fake skreeonking lists, in order to trigger fans to get hate click. Hence why I’m not linking anyone there.
Definitely the case, I saw the same ridiculous article.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Screen-Rant revealed a notoriously shitty article about monsters that are stronger then Godzilla. I’m not going to debate any monsters they think are stronger, because it’s a fruitless exercise, but this beautiful quote happens when Gyaos is brought up:
This type of poop shows that whoever wrote this, probably has only seen one or two films, and do absolutely zero research into the monsters or films themselves. This isn’t some bullshit nit picky “Godzilla isn’t a lizard” comment I’m making. It’s something that if you write an article on should take two minutes.

This article makes me think that Screen Rant makes fake skreeonking lists, in order to trigger fans to get hate click. Hence why I’m not linking anyone there.
There was one article where the said that the death of two children were for the "greater good or something". Pieces of poop..

EDIT: The actual quote said that they described two child muderers as right, but still!

Added in 8 hours 54 minutes 27 seconds:
Oh yeah and i almost forgot to mention, but Hybrid Entertainment is just a terrible place to look for kaiju stuff or any movie franchise in general. One time they tried saying that Pulgasari was gonna be the big bad monster in Godzilla vs. Kong! Like who would wanna nagotiate with North Korea just to get a monster like that! :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Gigantis on Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Continually makes fun of IOTAM for the way some of the space ships look (despite them looking pretty normal for the era), states that the film has a low budget (provides no data) and pretty much glosses over the emotional core of the film. Wipes away pretty much all the character of the film by saying “we get dating”.

Best part is when he complains that there’s no city destruction, only to cut to scenes of Ghidorah destroying a city. The reason why Godzilla destroys a town, and not a large city, is that the area Godzilla is in in that moment doesn’t have a large city, at least when the film is shot. It wasn’t because the film didn’t have a budget.

Are some of my complaints me being a Godzilla fanboy, and IOTAM being one of my personal favorites making me dislike this more? Sure. But this is the type of shit that a bunch of people too lazy to watch the film for themselves will watch and then not even give IOTAM a chance
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I don't know what's more cringe-worthy, the review or the thumbnail image with the typical "angry reviewer inserts themselves into the movie and makes haha funny sight gag" nonsense.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Are some of my complaints me being a Godzilla fanboy, and IOTAM being one of my personal favorites making me dislike this more? Sure. But this is the type of shit that a bunch of people too lazy to watch the film for themselves will watch and then not even give IOTAM a chance
This is the kind of stuff thats been going on ever since Godzilla was born. A dismissal of the series without knowing the facts. I kind of learned a while ago to just take it in stride and realize not everyone will take the time to understand the intricacies of the series.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Godzilla21 wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Are some of my complaints me being a Godzilla fanboy, and IOTAM being one of my personal favorites making me dislike this more? Sure. But this is the type of poop that a bunch of people too lazy to watch the film for themselves will watch and then not even give IOTAM a chance
This is the kind of stuff thats been going on ever since Godzilla was born. A dismissal of the series without knowing the facts. I kind of learned a while ago to just take it in stride and realize not everyone will take the time to understand the intricacies of the series.
Very true, but this dude is SUPPOSED TO BE A FAN. More specifically one who's trying to be the Nostalgia Critic for Godzilla (though that isn't better either). What a turd.

RIP Evan.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I just ignore such things. If they want to rip a film I find to be good, then let them complain. I'll be enjoying the film and not listening.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

edgaguirus wrote:I just ignore such things. If they want to rip a film I find to be good, then let them complain. I'll be enjoying the film and not listening.
Valid thought. What annoys me though is that there's definitely people out there that will watch these things and suddenly start to parrot some of these things. Such is the nature of the internet though I suppose.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Who wants to be the Nostalgia Critic of anything
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

G2000 wrote:Who wants to be the Nostalgia Critic of anything
I'll be the Nostalgia Critic for you so you don't have to.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
O.k...... damn, that got me.... :lol: .

Don't know why.......must be the drugs.

Ed Glaser
Yojimbo

Post by Ed Glaser »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
LOL.

Fish Cakes
G-Force Personnel

Post by Fish Cakes »

Didn't he learn and stop?
Drink 32oz of water a day, exercise daily for at least 30 minutes, take your meds as prescribed, eat healthy (count calories), reach out to your support network when you need them, practice basic hygiene, learn from your mistakes, forgive yourself for your failures, admit when you're wrong, be humble when you're right, be nice to animals, and try again.
"You were born perfect, keep improving."

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Fish Cakes wrote:
Didn't he learn and stop?
The guy further up the page? No idea
Doug Walker himself? No he hasn't and he hasn't got a modicum of respect or hair left
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

I really don't know where to put it but here's something I made.
https://youtu.be/Qw1rJfv1uWg
Last edited by AllosaurHell on Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

AllosaurHell wrote:I really don't know where to put it but here's something I made.
Endmenow.AVI

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

AllosaurHell
Monarch Researcher

Post by AllosaurHell »

tyrantgoji wrote:
AllosaurHell wrote:I really don't know where to put it but here's something I made.
Endmenow.AVI
For some reason that's the answer I expected.
A maker of fun cartoons and puppets for everyone's entertainment on my YouTube channel "Allosaur House"
Your local stan of Lone Wolf Baron Corbin, Shin Godzilla and Dinosaur enthusiast and Mexican young adult that lives in Canada.

You can find me elsewhere here: https://linktr.ee/AllosaurHouse

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

nope