The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

A lot of this “art” is less cringey and just sad. Like I wish people could/would actually try to draw or paint seriously, not digitally or with MS paint, or try to make their own unique things. It shouldn’t be considered cringey, in terms of something that’s bad, but it’s openly not technically skilled and the people might want to consider improving.

Unless of course they are kids, and just having fun dumb fun.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:A lot of this “art” is less cringey and just sad. Like I wish people could/would actually try to draw or paint seriously, not digitally or with MS paint, or try to make their own unique things. It shouldn’t be considered cringey, in terms of something that’s bad, but it’s openly not technically skilled and the people might want to consider improving.

Unless of course they are kids, and just having fun dumb fun.
The latest one posted is absolutely something drawn by a kid/somebody with a disability (judging by the groups it's been posted to). It's not good art, but to "cringe" at it would be like cringing at a young relative's drawing. It's not even funny, it's just unnecessarily rude.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Shin fallacies in debates are becoming very cringey for me. And I didn't even like the movie that much! :) But 'he shoots a bunch and falls then into a coma' makes me wonder why everyone talking about him apparently fell asleep and missed the latter half of the movie where he did very different things...
Last edited by Zarm on Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Zarm wrote:Shin fallacies in debates are becoming very cringey for me. And I didn't even like the movie that much! :) But 'he shoots a bunch and falls then into a coma' makes me wonder why everyone talking about him apparently fell asleep and missed the latter half of the movie where he did very different things...
Yeah, a lot of people horribly underrate Shin. Did they miss the part where after he woke up again he basically fired like twenty standard beams out of his back for a good moment? Or when he used his tail and regular beam in conjunction? Or the fact that his beam has pretty much the longest range (barring GFW) and the most precision (he hit stealth bombers out of the sky and obliterated legions of drones). He’s easily the most OP Godzilla, except now we have the MP Godzilla.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Zarm wrote:Shin fallacies in debates are becoming very cringey for me. And I didn't even like the movie that much! :) But 'he shoots a bunch and falls then into a coma' makes me wonder why everyone talking about him apparently fell asleep and missed the latter half of the movie where he did very different things...
Yeah, a lot of people horribly underrate Shin. Did they miss the part where after he woke up again he basically fired like twenty standard beams out of his back for a good moment? Or when he used his tail and regular beam in conjunction? Or the fact that his beam has pretty much the longest range (barring GFW) and the most precision (he hit stealth bombers out of the sky and obliterated legions of drones). He’s easily the most OP Godzilla, except now we have the MP Godzilla.
Or even the part where he was still a sniper shooting drones out of the sky while he was in a coma, apparently without the need for the fire breath lead-up. It's pretty nuts. :)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

^^^Yeah. People read way into the film and assume he’s forced to cool off.

The fun thing is also in the context of the film we see Shin Godzilla evolve. When he’s in form 2 he retreats into the ocean to cool off, and while form 3 needs to cool off, it’s not like he can’t act if needed. Humans aren’t really a threat to him so why would he overheat and rampage just cause he’s hurt?

A lot of it feels like they don’t want shin to be strong, because those are the types of people that blindly think something being strong means it’s good (I think Shin is a good movie, but Shin wouldn’t need to have so much power and I’d still like it). They don’t want to awknowledge that the series minus the early Millenium has a clear power creep and shin is probably more deadly than most of the previous monsters. Even though I like Shin a lot, I have no problem admitting the newest Godzilla can just step on him :)

I also think it ties into people’s perceptions that Godxilla’s Are way more durable then they are. Like the Heisei Godzilla can definitely take some electrical beam hits like Ghidorah, but then there’s plenty of times beams or things cut or puncture the skin. Like Biollantes vines or sap, MKG’s propelled claws, MG’s propelled claws, Destroyahs Horn. Shins beam, regardless of heat would just slice Heisei, or pretty much any other Kaiju heads off with precision. People will say,”yuh but way abut melee”. The thing is Shin doesn’t even need melee, he fires essentially 30 mile swords with precession that slice and dice.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Giratina93 wrote:Okay, NO. If you cannot post here without degrading into insults and anger, then don't post. Treat others how you want to be treated, or no one's going to want to be around you. Plain and simple. Degrade into flaming and baiting others is a big no no, and is grounds for a warning. It's clearly in the rules, which people SHOULD read before posting...

Enjoy your warning. and the above goes for everyone. Baiting and flaming WILL result in warnings...
Before I say anything else, I'd like to make clear that I AM NOT TRYING TO INCITE ANYTHING, AND I DON'T WANT ANYONE WHO IS NOT GIRATINA OR ANOTHER MOD/ADMIN TO INVOLVE THEMSELVES IN THIS CONVERSATION. I'm only saying this in public at all because the PM system is still down. Apologies for derailing the thread.

Now, then. You use the singular form of 'warning' there, and I just want to clarify whether it went to Godzillian, GodzillaCringe, or both. I interpreted it as having gone to Cringe, who clearly violated the rules by flaming, and should therefore be warned. From where I'm sitting, however, Godzillian also deserves one for openly baiting Cringe to begin with.

And I know, I know, armchair modding is discouraged. I virtually never get involved in this kind of thing, but I just want to make sure that justice is being dispensed fairly here. I'd feel bad if I didn't.

EDIT: I'd also like to clarify that I have no personal problem with Godzillian. He's never done anything to make himself stand out in any way to me, and I was therefore hardly aware of his existence prior to this incident. I just calls 'em as I sees 'em.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

JAGzilla wrote:
Giratina93 wrote:Okay, NO. If you cannot post here without degrading into insults and anger, then don't post. Treat others how you want to be treated, or no one's going to want to be around you. Plain and simple. Degrade into flaming and baiting others is a big no no, and is grounds for a warning. It's clearly in the rules, which people SHOULD read before posting...

Enjoy your warning. and the above goes for everyone. Baiting and flaming WILL result in warnings...
Before I say anything else, I'd like to make clear that I AM NOT TRYING TO INCITE ANYTHING, AND I DON'T WANT ANYONE WHO IS NOT GIRATINA OR ANOTHER MOD/ADMIN TO INVOLVE THEMSELVES IN THIS CONVERSATION. I'm only saying this in public at all because the PM system is still down. Apologies for derailing the thread.

Now, then. You use the singular form of 'warning' there, and I just want to clarify whether it went to Godzillian, GodzillaCringe, or both. I interpreted it as having gone to Cringe, who clearly violated the rules by flaming, and should therefore be warned. From where I'm sitting, however, Godzillian also deserves one for openly baiting Cringe to begin with.

And I know, I know, armchair modding is discouraged. I virtually never get involved in this kind of thing, but I just want to make sure that justice is being dispensed fairly here. I'd feel bad if I didn't.

EDIT: I'd also like to clarify that I have no personal problem with Godzillian. He's never done anything to make himself stand out in any way to me, and I was therefore hardly aware of his existence prior to this incident. I just calls 'em as I sees 'em.
Yes, the warning was originally meant for just GodzillaCringe. At the time, I was in a bit of a rush pertaining to family issues, so I could only read and get so much of the situation at hand. That was premature of me, now that I have read the context of the whole situation. Godzillain will be receiving a warning as well, as he should know better than to engage in flame baiting in the first place.

You may all carry on with your cringy, edgy discussions, CAREFULLY.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Giratina93 wrote:You may all carry on with your cringy, edgy discussions, CAREFULLY.
MAXIMUM EDGE
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^^ All right, thanks for clearing that up.

On-topic: I don't know if I'd agree that Shin's beam could definitely decapitate other kaiju. We've seen it do very impressive work against various man-made materials, yes, but we just have no way of knowing what it could do to another kaiju. Trying to put him in a fantasy match at all seems pointless if all we can go by is pure speculation.

EDIT: And that comic is amazing. Godzilla's expression just makes it. :lol:
Last edited by JAGzilla on Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

JAGzilla wrote:^^ All right, thanks for clearing that up.

On-topic: I don't know if I'd agree that Shin's beam could definitely decapitate other kaiju. We've seen it do very impressive work against various man-made materials, yes, but we just have no way of knowing what it could do to another kaiju. Trying to put him in a fantasy match at all seems pointless if all we can go by is pure speculation.

EDIT: And that comic is amazing. Godzilla's expression just makes it. :lol:
Huh I thought his beams were capable of slicing through kaiju like butter. I mean I think only Destroyah could survive a barrage like that light show.
Image Image

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ How could we possibly know that, though? We've never seen Shin fight another kaiju, or anything remotely as durable as one.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

JAGzilla wrote:^ How could we possibly know that, though? We've never seen Shin fight another kaiju, or anything remotely as durable as one.
It's kind of just logic tbh. It's basically a lightsaber: anything without insane durability or healing factor isn't going to fare much better than a skyscraper.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
JAGzilla wrote:^ How could we possibly know that, though? We've never seen Shin fight another kaiju, or anything remotely as durable as one.
It's kind of just logic tbh. It's basically a lightsaber: anything without insane durability or healing factor isn't going to fare much better than a skyscraper.
I second this. I feel like if the beams cut through metal like it's nothing, flesh wouldn't hold much better...
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Maritonic wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
I second this. I feel like if the beams cut through metal like it's nothing, flesh wouldn't hold much better...
Yep this is the point why.
Image Image

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

The issue has come up in the Shin and Fantasy Match forums. The problem is this:

We know from the instantaneousness with which it vaporizes metal out of its way without even interrupting the beam that it is incredibly hot, with a minimum temperature, I believe, of about 50,000 degrees. Which is actually completely insane. However, that's only about a tenth of what Heisei's beam is. The thing is, Heisei's beam is about ten times that, yet doesn't act with nearly as much vaporizing power against man-made materials (a physics problem regardless).

So it's kind of a question of whether you go by the real world science, in which case Shin's beam could do what it does and still be much less powerful than many of the other Godzilla rays (and we're left with the question of why Heisei's much hotter beam *doesn't* do those things), or whether you go by the actual portrayal and assume that it was meant to be as quantitatively more powerful as it appears, and give it stats that make it quantatively more powerful/hotter than Heisei's to the degree that its portrayal was more powerful than Heisei's, despite the lack of any actual scientific reason it would have to be anywhere near that hot or powerful to actually accomplish what it does on-screen.

And the very existence of that paradox is probably a very compelling argument as to why Shin should just be left out of the fantasy matches, and why comparing different eras of Godzillas against each other when the filmmakers undoubtedly did not do this level of research to try and bring in scientific accuracy is probably a futile pursuit to begin with. :)

Maranatha!

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Kiryu movies top to bottom.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I name the first one is the best part of the Millennium series, and the second as the possible worst. But I wouldn't look at either of them is cringy. What makes you say that?

Maranatha!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Zarm wrote:I name the first one is the best part of the Millennium series, and the second as the possible worst. But I wouldn't look at either of them is cringy. What makes you say that?
Yeah, while I'm not a particular fan of either movie (I find the first one mediocre and the second one the low point of the entire Toho series), my problems with them mostly come down more to what they didn't do than anything especially cringe-worthy that they did do.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Honestly what's cringe to me is most characters in Godzilla films. I love myself a good G flick but a lot of the characters are very lackluster and forgetful, making the movie's themselves in a way boring and unwatchable, which is why I really hope the characters in the monsterverse and anime are going to be interesting.
Image Image