The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Mechagigan
Futurian

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Mechagigan »

Living Corpse wrote:
Mechagigan wrote:I see a lot of people point out the Sum 41 scene of FW as a particularly cringey moment, but IMO, it was pretty friggin' cool. Stupid and unfitting? Totally. But it was cool.
Now the end credits music for GFW was bad. I wish they had used ZebraHead's Godzilla vs Tokyo for the end credits.
Pretty much the entire crappy MIDI soundtrack of FW was incredibly cringey. The ending music, though... it sounds like it's straight from an abandonware 90's PC game.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Mechagigan wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
Mechagigan wrote:I see a lot of people point out the Sum 41 scene of FW as a particularly cringey moment, but IMO, it was pretty friggin' cool. Stupid and unfitting? Totally. But it was cool.
Now the end credits music for GFW was bad. I wish they had used ZebraHead's Godzilla vs Tokyo for the end credits.
Pretty much the entire crappy MIDI soundtrack of FW was incredibly cringey. The ending music, though... it sounds like it's straight from an abandonware 90's PC game.
I still don't get why this wasn't used.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Living Corpse wrote:
Mechagigan wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:

I still don't get why this wasn't used.

Never heard that before, that's actually really cool. Not to mention leagues better than the actual credits music.

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

Komenja wrote:
Ryguy wrote:Pretty much any fanmade tagline, subtitle, whatever with "king" in it. Good lord....
I mean it's not like several movies, games, advertisements and other products have referred to him as "King of the Monsters," right?

You might as well cringe if anyone refers to Superman as "The Man of Steel"
Well we're talking about fanmade material: the kind that derives from minds that believe Minya and Gabara would be right at home in the Legendary franchise.
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

Mechagigan wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
To be fair, a traditional orchestral soundtrack wouldn't have really fit this film.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

"Even if she is a girl, she could be great help to us." This line from the English dub in Godzilla vs Biollante. As far as I can tell, in the original Japanese language, her (Miki) sex has nothing to do with the military writing her off and everything to do with most of them not believing she has ESP till after she makes Godzilla change course.

The next one, I'm not sure if it counts as a Godzilla cringe thing or a dumb misconceptions non-fans have thing but...real life military officials saying they have the weapons to beat Godzilla if he was real.

If Godzilla was real we'd be fucked. We be FUCKED. Like our fudge is gonna be packed, we are getting fucked so hard in the ass. Unless we found a way to build super weapons like masers cannons or Super-X or Mechagodzilla to drive him away we can not do jack shit to him if we was even remotely like his movie counterpart because Godzilla, by his very nature, defies the laws of physics and nature as we humans understand them so far. In the words of 2 of Godzilla's "fathers".

"The theme of the film, from the beginning, was the terror of the bomb. Mankind had created the bomb, and now nature was going to take revenge on mankind." - Producer Tomoyuki Tanaka

"If Godzilla had been a dinosaur or some other animal, he would have been killed by just one cannonball. But if he were equal to an atomic bomb, we wouldn't know what to do. So, I took the characteristics of an atomic bomb and applied them to Godzilla." - Director Ishirō Honda

And the crazy thing this was said not once but twice, once by a U.S. military official and another by a Japanese military official(!) Even in films where Godzilla loses to the JSDF, most times the best they can do without Mechs is trap him in ice, a volcano or make him sick.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

The decision to make Godzilla's roar come at a separate price when licencing the character to someone else, in this case Hanna-Barbera goes to show how pathetically desperate Toho was to yank every last penny out of a licencee.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I don't mind M11's running. It was rather amusing.
I've got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it.

Then expect something that's fiercer, more cruel, and deadly than anything that's walked the Earth.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

English version of Godzilla Raids Again
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Godzilla The King
Futurian

Post by Godzilla The King »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:English version of Godzilla Raids Again
Ah, banana oil!
CaptainStarbird wrote:
gigan72 wrote:MMMMM, HEISEI
-fatass bodies
-big thighs
-some undersized arms
-beam spam
-a mans ass
-messed up timeline
MAKES ME HORNY
UNLIKE THOSE ANOREXIC SHOWA MODELS!
CaptainStarbird wrote: "Look under your chair for a gift, it's a bitchslap!"

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Godzilla The King wrote:
Lain Of The Wired wrote:English version of Godzilla Raids Again
Ah, banana oil!
I think the Barney Rubble dude really did it for me
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

The fact that there needed to be six different SHMA threads.

#BotM

Godzilla The King
Futurian

Post by Godzilla The King »

Godzilla165 wrote:The fact that there needed to be six different SHMA threads.
toyz r surius biznes u knw
CaptainStarbird wrote:
gigan72 wrote:MMMMM, HEISEI
-fatass bodies
-big thighs
-some undersized arms
-beam spam
-a mans ass
-messed up timeline
MAKES ME HORNY
UNLIKE THOSE ANOREXIC SHOWA MODELS!
CaptainStarbird wrote: "Look under your chair for a gift, it's a bitchslap!"

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Godzilla The King wrote:
Godzilla165 wrote:The fact that there needed to be six different SHMA threads.
toyz r surius biznes u knw
Reminds me of back in the good 'ole days when the Bandai Creations thread was basically a massive flame war.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

UltramanGoji wrote:Dick measuring contests over the quality of the different eras. It's pretty pathetic honestly.
This.

Not a big fan of most fan-made redesigns, either. If you're going to change so much about the monster, including its theme, why not just make up a monster of your own?
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Young Guy »

To be honest, Godzilla's Revenge is the only official Godzilla thing that makes me cringe. It's the fanbase really that makes me cringe. Like the ones (that are clearly kids) who go ape shit is someone insults Godzilla or something Godzilla related. Just look at the comment section of Angry Joe's review of Godzilla Vs/Ps4. It's cancerous.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Fans who pull the 'I won't buy this Blu Ray/DVD because of X reason, I'll stick with my bootleg' card.

The only way we can possibly hope for better 'official' releases of these films, especially in the US, is to show that there is a market for them by supporting official releases.

Sure, we shouldn't just 'take whatever we can get', but the nit-pick points that some people consider to be 'deal breakers' is just taking it too far.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Chrispy_G wrote:Fans who pull the 'I won't buy this Blu Ray/DVD because of X reason, I'll stick with my bootleg' card.

The only way we can possibly hope for better 'official' releases of these films, especially in the US, is to show that there is a market for them by supporting official releases.

Sure, we shouldn't just 'take whatever we can get', but the nit-pick points that some people consider to be 'deal breakers' is just taking it too far.
Similar for fans who openly criticize any toy line, yet avoid it like the plague.

I understand giving opinions, but when you specifically are negative about a line you hate, what's the point? It's not going to improve.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

A lot of the kaiju toy reviewers on YouTube are pretty cringe worthy

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

-The term "true fan" in general.
-The concept of one Godzilla being "truer" than another.
-People thinking Godzilla is invincible.
-People having the need to shit on one series/movie to make another look better.
-Whenever someone tries to give Godzilla's point of view of when he was nuked/mutated.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.