The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
UltramanGoji

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by UltramanGoji »

When Katsuo rips out Kyoko's earrings in Destroy All Monsters. It's a really uncomfortable scene.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

When a non-fan and his friends are excited for a Toho Godzilla movie and saying good thing about the trailer....and fans can't be happy that he isn't shit talking the movie because he's saying stuff that shows he isn't a fan.

No I will not let that one go. You'd think some people would be happy a non-fan isn't shitting on a Toho film and is showing interest in seeing it but nope.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

The chase scene in Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah when M11 chases the jeep on foot. That one was pretty bad.

"I can't stand this!"

Neither can I...
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

StAiRcAsE KiTtY
Terminated
Terminated

Post by StAiRcAsE KiTtY »

The larvae in Mothra vs. Godzilla.
You want a battle...
Here's a war!

RIP, Judas. An amazing idea, gone before it was created.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Those fan "films" made with vinyls that are supposed to be dark and hard core like deadzillas

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Music videos that use Bring Me to Life. No, just no. Unfitting music does not even begin to describe that.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Ha, I remember the time when people on YouTube made Godzilla music videos with songs from either Evanescence, Linkin Park, or Three Days Grace. I also remember that Godzilla 98 was notably the subject of most of the music videos.

Godzilla The King
Futurian

Post by Godzilla The King »

Pretty much any Godzilla music video besides the obvious Blue Oyster Cult ones are bad...
CaptainStarbird wrote:
gigan72 wrote:MMMMM, HEISEI
-fatass bodies
-big thighs
-some undersized arms
-beam spam
-a mans ass
-messed up timeline
MAKES ME HORNY
UNLIKE THOSE ANOREXIC SHOWA MODELS!
CaptainStarbird wrote: "Look under your chair for a gift, it's a bitchslap!"

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

The almost sex scene in G'14. It just seems weird in a Godzilla movie... I understand Ford had been gone for some time, but really, that seemed like a weird move to make (movie-wise). Maybe it's just the kid in me being too pure about G films, but I don't know, it seemed unnecessary. At least it was only a few seconds long.

Oh, and the sudden cyborg boobs in ToMG.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Those various Final Wars fan music videos, featuring Linkin Park tracks. I like Linkin Park, but Jesus Christ, not for Godzilla.

#BotM

Dannybeane
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dannybeane »

A lot of the teenage fans that try to be edgy and shit on everything are pretty cringey. A lot of fans in general are fairly cringey.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

I actually did find a good Godzilla music video once before.

The video used Godzilla The Series and the song was "This Is Halloween".

It was in B&W and it was edited very well, the cilps actually did fit the song. it was cool.
Godzilla

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

Pretty much any fanmade tagline, subtitle, whatever with "king" in it. Good lord....
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

SomeknowmeasXeno
Terminated
Terminated

Post by SomeknowmeasXeno »

Godzilla165 wrote:Those various Final Wars fan music videos, featuring Linkin Park tracks. I like Linkin Park, but Jesus Christ, not for Godzilla.
I disagree, the song The Catalyst worked extremely well with Final Wars. I remember there's one video in particular on Youtube for it. The video could've done with a bit better editing at some parts but it was generally good and the song fit the film perfectly.
"Tonight, when the blood moon finishes rising, I will summon my brother Yuul'syqpoth into this sphere of existence, and that's absolutely fantastic."

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

I see a lot of people point out the Sum 41 scene of FW as a particularly cringey moment, but IMO, it was pretty friggin' cool. Stupid and unfitting? Totally. But it was cool.

SomeknowmeasXeno
Terminated
Terminated

Post by SomeknowmeasXeno »

Mechagigan wrote:I see a lot of people point out the Sum 41 scene of FW as a particularly cringey moment, but IMO, it was pretty friggin' cool. Stupid and unfitting? Totally. But it was cool.
Where? Why? We're All to Blame is an amazing song and that scene shows perfectly why you don't fuck with Godzilla: a true Godzilla. Zilla had that scene coming... Jr is cool though.
"Tonight, when the blood moon finishes rising, I will summon my brother Yuul'syqpoth into this sphere of existence, and that's absolutely fantastic."

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

Mechagigan wrote:I see a lot of people point out the Sum 41 scene of FW as a particularly cringey moment, but IMO, it was pretty friggin' cool. Stupid and unfitting? Totally. But it was cool.
I don't find this scene cringey. I find it hilarious. A 13 second fight scene between two Godzilla incarnations with a heavy metal song played over it. It's so ridiculous and stupid that I love it.
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

GalacticPetey wrote:
I don't find this scene cringey. I find it hilarious. A 13 second fight scene between two Godzilla incarnations with a heavy metal song played over it. It's so ridiculous and stupid that I love it.
Exactly. It's so over-the-top batshit crazy that I absolutely love it. It's too bad it wasn't any longer.

Komenja
Interpol Agent

Post by Komenja »

Ryguy wrote:Pretty much any fanmade tagline, subtitle, whatever with "king" in it. Good lord....
I mean it's not like several movies, games, advertisements and other products have referred to him as "King of the Monsters," right?

You might as well cringe if anyone refers to Superman as "The Man of Steel"

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Mechagigan wrote:The almost sex scene in G'14. It just seems weird in a Godzilla movie... I understand Ford had been gone for some time, but really, that seemed like a weird move to make (movie-wise). Maybe it's just the kid in me being too pure about G films, but I don't know, it seemed unnecessary. At least it was only a few seconds long.

Oh, and the sudden cyborg boobs in ToMG.
Yeah Godzilla is weird like that. There's been nudity in a few films (topless islanders in Gojira, pin ups in Godzilla vs Megalon, Katsura's cybrnetic breasts, pin ups in The Return of Godzilla, and while not nudity hippe ladies body pain suit in Godzilla vs Hedorah, oh and man ass in Godzilla vs Spacegodzilla) but other than the pin ups, it's mostly non-sexual nudity.
Godzilla The King wrote:Pretty much any Godzilla music video besides the obvious Blue Oyster Cult ones are bad...
Eh, Rammstein actually works pretty well for Godzilla music videos. Even if the lyrics don't match, the sound does.
Ryguy wrote:Pretty much any fanmade tagline, subtitle, whatever with "king" in it. Good lord....
I'll take King, Monster King and King of the Monsters and even The Big G over "the O.G." any day. Holy Crap, Godzilla and "gansta" do not go together, oh the cringe.
Komenja wrote:
I mean it's not like several movies, games, advertisements and other products have referred to him as "King of the Monsters," right?

You might as well cringe if anyone refers to Superman as "The Man of Steel"
This. At least two movies, Godzilla vs Megaguirus and Godzilla: Final Wars, have called him such early in and they both make it clear they don't wanna be taken serious so fuck it, use King of the Monsters. And Zone Fighter called 70's Godzilla "Monster of Justice."
Now the end credits music for GFW was bad. I wish they had used ZebraHead's Godzilla vs Tokyo for the end credits.