The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I don’t see how ghosting you once is a big offense. And clearly they’re trying to make it up to you by asking you to see KOTM with you; they were extending the olive branch. If they ghosted you again, that’s fine you’d be right, but your reaction and what you said is riduclous.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

We're back to this again? :lol:
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Smuggers wrote:We're back to this again? :lol:
It’s worse now because the Olive branch was extended by the supposed offender but the persecution complex continues.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:I don’t see how ghosting you once is a big offense. And clearly they’re trying to make it up to you by asking you to see KOTM with you; they were extending the olive branch. If they ghosted you again, that’s fine you’d be right, but your reaction and what you said is riduclous.
1. Not the first time they've done this.

2. As stated before they are not "making up for it". They didn't think it was a big deal all the other times.

3. They wouldn't have liked it anyways.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Move on to something else. Thank you.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Living Corpse wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:I don’t see how ghosting you once is a big offense. And clearly they’re trying to make it up to you by asking you to see KOTM with you; they were extending the olive branch. If they ghosted you again, that’s fine you’d be right, but your reaction and what you said is riduclous.
1. Not the first time they've done this.

2. As stated before they are not "making up for it". They didn't think it was a big deal all the other times.

3. They wouldn't have liked it anyways.
So what’s the big hateful masterful plan that’s made to destroy you and publically degrade you here that I’m not getting?

I had a friend of mine cancel on me to visit my area and stay with me this week. I cancelled some plans for that friend, but I’m not taking it out on them, as the other people are understanding. Meanwhile another friend of mine I was supposed to see today for drinks got wrapped up in something and will come over for coffee tomorrow
afternoon. In these cases I understand and just don’t take it personally. Go with the flow more and stop having this bizzare compkex.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Okay. One last time.

Move on to something else.

Next post about this is a warning.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Trump supporters complaining that G:KOTM is "liberal propaganda" and "pro-communist" because it features...climate change and women.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:Trump supporters complaining that G:KOTM is "liberal propaganda" and "pro-communist" because it features...climate change and women.
HA! :lol:

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Of course they do :lol:

Anyway, cringing because I found the Godzilla Neo TV Tropes page. Minus the usual obvious "realizations" and overemphasizing minor details, the entire wiki somehow misses the fact that the thing on MechaniKong explicitly says he's the delusions of a mad man, and treats it as a real thing.

RIP Evan.

Hikari
GPN Volunteer

Post by Hikari »

To be fair that thread seems mostly chill. I think someone just wanted to try to stir up the pot.
May or may have not just came here for the Ultra-Thread.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Hikari wrote:To be fair that thread seems mostly chill. I think someone just wanted to try to stir up the pot.
Most likely, I’m right-wing as hell and I very much enjoyed KoTM

On the other hand, the New York Post did call the film “needlessly political” for it’s ecological themes (I myself thought the film wasn’t very political at all, and I mean even beyond it not stooping to the sort of dumb virtue signaling seen in Fallen Kingdom; most seem to agree that the climate change themes are honestly very minor, to the relief of some and the disappointment of others)

Meanwhile funnily enough Alex Jones loves the hell out of KoTM and devoted an entire video to talking about it
Last edited by G2000 on Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:Trump supporters complaining that G:KOTM is "liberal propaganda" and "pro-communist" because it features...climate change and women.
Well that physically hurt to read.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Hikari
GPN Volunteer

Post by Hikari »

G2000 wrote:
Hikari wrote:To be fair that thread seems mostly chill. I think someone just wanted to try to stir up the pot.
Most likely, I’m right-wing as hell and I very much enjoyed KoTM

On the other hand, the New York Post did call the film “needlessly political” for it’s ecological themes (I myself thought the film wasn’t very political at all, and I mean even beyond it not stooping to the sort of dumb virtue signaling seen in Fallen Kingdom; most seem to agree that the climate change themes are honestly very minor, to the relief of some and the disappointment of others)

Meanwhile funnily enough Alex Jones loves the hell out of KoTM and devoted an entire video to talking about it
Now this review is cringe.

Calling it a very "Christian" movie.
"The newest Godzilla movie uses a plot that is geared towards telling the truth about the globalist agenda. "
"For a cheesey Godzilla movie it's the best Godzilla movie I've ever saw"
May or may have not just came here for the Ultra-Thread.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Hikari wrote:Now this review is cringe.

Calling it a very "Christian" movie.
"The newest Godzilla movie uses a plot that is geared towards telling the truth about the globalist agenda. "
"For a cheesey Godzilla movie it's the best Godzilla movie I've ever saw"
Oh believe me I know
I just thought it was some funny stuff that he devoted an entire video talking about how KoTM was secretly the most right-wing movie ever made
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

The movie review that I read was also not kind to the film. I got the feeling the critic doesn't like Godzilla or went in convinced it was just going to be a big, dumb, loud movie. That's the reason I never fully trust film reviews.
I've got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it.

Then expect something that's fiercer, more cruel, and deadly than anything that's walked the Earth.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

There's not much I really cringe at with Godzilla fandom.

Kids talking about their love of Heisei monsters and Bagan? Sure, go ham. People talking out their asses about thematic elements that clearly aren't present in certain films? Sure, why not.

Shipping giant animals? Sorry, that's a line crossed. Pathetic. Wretched. >insert unkind adjective here<. I instantly think less of people who do this. It's disgusting.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Shipping giant animals? Sorry, that's a line crossed. Pathetic. Wretched. >insert unkind adjective here<. I instantly think less of people who do this. It's disgusting.

...why? It's a little out there, but seems pretty harmless. Some of the kaiju are definitely smart enough to be able to make it semi-believable, too.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

UltramanGoji wrote:Shipping giant animals? Sorry, that's a line crossed. Pathetic. Wretched. >insert unkind adjective here<. I instantly think less of people who do this. It's disgusting.
Whereas clearly you're all about shipping a giant animal with a giant hero from Nebula M78.

HYPOCRITE!
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

UltramanGoji wrote: Shipping giant animals? Sorry, that's a line crossed. Pathetic. Wretched. >insert unkind adjective here<. I instantly think less of people who do this. It's disgusting.
You and me both. Seems this element has really come out in recent weeks too. Ultimate cringe that a fan actually asked Dougherty about it. Christ
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.