The Godzilla Cringe Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Re: The Godzilla Cringe Thread

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

Voyager wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:49 pm Would any of you smart-cookies guess what the caption may be?
I have my suspicions. There may be a few among us who already know the answer.
Last edited by Thegarbagemonster on Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

Voyager wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:49 pm And... of course this is from reddit.

Would any of you smart-cookies guess what the caption may be?
More Like Ren “‘Susizawa’” 😂😂😂🤣😂🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣😅🤣🤣😂😂😂🤣 He Got “”””Ejected’”””” Asf 😂😂😂😂 No Drip 🤣🤣🤣🤣😅🤣😂🤣😂😂🤣😂😂 He Is No Longer <Among Us> 😂😂
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Smuggers wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:27 am

Would any of you smart-cookies guess what the caption may be?
More Like Ren “‘Susizawa’” 😂😂😂🤣😂🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣😅🤣🤣😂😂😂🤣 He Got “”””Ejected’”””” Asf 😂😂😂😂 No Drip 🤣🤣🤣🤣😅🤣😂🤣😂😂🤣😂😂 He Is No Longer <Among Us> 😂😂
HAHAHA MECHGUJILER GLOWING RED LOOKING KINDA SUSSY AMIRITE!?

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

I’m out of the loop. What does that image have to do with Among Us?
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Kaiju-King42 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:46 am I’m out of the loop. What does that image have to do with Among Us?

The original image was an edit of streamer Jerma985 with the phrase "When the imposter is sus"
, obviously an Among Us reference. It got out of hand (to the point that Jerma kinda wished for it to die down during one stream) and it's been photoshopped to hell and back.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Kaiju-King42 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:46 am I’m out of the loop. What does that image have to do with Among Us?
IMPOSTER

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Godzilla got ejected for being sus :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Kaiju-Killer 751
Monsterland Worker

Post by Kaiju-Killer 751 »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:08 am Image

Godzilla was not the Imposter.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

He boutta land on the 25th island of Greece

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Dv-218 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:12 am He boutta land on the 25th island of Greece
I feel like such a dope for laughing at that...

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

F.

Poor bastard never stood a chance.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

I simultaneously live and despise this image
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:15 pm The thing that gets me about the kid content, ESPECIALLY THE BOOKS AND TOYS, is as a kid....that's all I ever wanted.

Godzilla on the shelves in it's own dedicated and not shoved in a corner of the Toys R Us.

Godzilla as more then just a joke, but in big Hollywood movies and you could watch and have people agree it was good instead of mocking irrelevant shit like effects and dubbing because they didn't understand.

Fucking...kid's books I would have adored as a kid as they had Godzilla as more then just a monster and as something fun and heartwarming.

This is literally the acceptance we wanted as kids and we're fucking attacking it because it makes your belief on what the brand SHOULD be "bad"?

Fucking breaks my heart dude
This. Very much this. I was bullied for a while, being called the “godzilla weirdo!” and now that Godzilla and the MV are in the public consciousness and becoming mainstream we’re devolving into this shit??? Incredibly disappointing
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Jermobooka wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:29 am
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:15 pm The thing that gets me about the kid content, ESPECIALLY THE BOOKS AND TOYS, is as a kid....that's all I ever wanted.

Godzilla on the shelves in it's own dedicated and not shoved in a corner of the Toys R Us.

Godzilla as more then just a joke, but in big Hollywood movies and you could watch and have people agree it was good instead of mocking irrelevant poop like effects and dubbing because they didn't understand.

skreeonking...kid's books I would have adored as a kid as they had Godzilla as more then just a monster and as something fun and heartwarming.

This is literally the acceptance we wanted as kids and we're skreeonking attacking it because it makes your belief on what the brand SHOULD be "bad"?

skreeonking breaks my heart dude
This. Very much this. I was bullied for a while, being called the “godzilla weirdo!” and now that Godzilla and the MV are in the public consciousness and becoming mainstream we’re devolving into this poop??? Incredibly disappointing

Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

Jermobooka wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:29 amI was bullied for a while, being called the “godzilla weirdo!” ..... now Godzilla and the MV are in the public consciousness and becoming mainstream
aha, ahaha ha, ha, I used to roleplay Godzilla with a friend of mine at recess in Kindergarten. I can only figure he stopped because of the shit people were talking. could never get anyone else to do it, so in the end I stopped too. I still caught shit for that, even years after the fact. wonder what those people think of Godzilla now.
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

ClandestineCanine9 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:30 pm
Jermobooka wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:29 amI was bullied for a while, being called the “godzilla weirdo!” ..... now Godzilla and the MV are in the public consciousness and becoming mainstream
aha, ahaha ha, ha, I used to roleplay Godzilla with a friend of mine at recess in Kindergarten. I can only figure he stopped because of the shit people were talking. could never get anyone else to do it, so in the end I stopped too. I still caught shit for that, even years after the fact. wonder what those people think of Godzilla now.
Maybe they still hate Godzilla. It’s the most likely outcome.
For Emperor and Empire!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Voyager wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:33 pm
ClandestineCanine9 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:30 pm
aha, ahaha ha, ha, I used to roleplay Godzilla with a friend of mine at recess in Kindergarten. I can only figure he stopped because of the poop people were talking. could never get anyone else to do it, so in the end I stopped too. I still caught poop for that, even years after the fact. wonder what those people think of Godzilla now.
Maybe they still hate Godzilla. It’s the most likely outcome.
Yup, probably remembering the weird kid that played Godzilla at recess.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

All this talk about roleplaying as kids just gave me a memory to me roleplaying dinosaurs as a kid and another kid was convinced that a perfect way to do a T. rex roar was to say "Lorraine" in a beast-like fashion, and to this day I have no clue why he thought that.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:15 pm All this talk about roleplaying as kids just gave me a memory to me roleplaying dinosaurs as a kid and another kid was convinced that a perfect way to do a T. rex roar was to say "Lorraine" in a beast-like fashion, and to this day I have no clue why he thought that.
Ditto. The dinosaur part, not the roar part. This was when I was very young, btw. I wasn’t a weirdo, because it was an acceptable age.
For Emperor and Empire!

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I only talked about Godzilla to the kids who lived a few houses down when I was young. They were into anime, so they didn't mock kaiju films.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

alteori is a channels that vomit up utter insanity. Like seriously who comes up with these contents. Isn’t just that it’s also how lazy she construct her videos. You can just tell how much effort she put in by the thumbnail.

Also about the people Who hates kids for liking those kids books. Here’s some message for them. Stop it, you’re better than this dude
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.