You know you're a Godzilla fan when...

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
KingKaiju
Futurian

You know you're a Godzilla fan when...

Post by KingKaiju »

Thought I'd start a thread like this for fun.

I was thinking back about high school when we quickly talked about the history of Japanese imperialism. My teacher said something along the lines of, "in the showa period..."

It was meant to be a serious conversation, but I kept thinking about Godzilla. So...

You know you're a Godzilla fan when your teacher mentions that Japan's invasion of China occured in the Showa period, and all I can think of is Godzilla attacking China like:

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Re: You know you're a Godzilla fan when...

Post by Ivo-goji »

You know you're a Godzilla fan when you see a corn cob covered in aluminum foil and mysteriously burst into laughter.
Last edited by Ivo-goji on Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

You know you're a Godzilla fan when you go to a city with large architecture and start subconsciously measuring how they would scale with various monsters.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:You know you're a Godzilla fan when you go to a city with large architecture and start subconsciously measuring how they would scale with various monsters.
Guilty.

Rodan
Gotengo Officer

Post by Rodan »

When someone makes a joke about Godzilla fighting Mothra or something, and you're like, "Do you actually want to know more about that?"
KingKaiju wrote:You know you're a Godzilla fan when your teacher mentions that Japan's invasion of China occured in the Showa period, and all I can think of is Godzilla attacking China like:

http://cdn.yourepeat.com/media/gif/000/ ... e52bdb.gif
I know you meant absolutely zero harm with this, but I can't help but find that joke a little off-putting since Japan committed some pretty atrocious war crimes during that period, some of which have informed the metaphors behind the Godzilla series since day one.

Janjira-York
G-Force Personnel

Post by Janjira-York »

when ou try to meassure objects, like ships and buildings as ''wow that big asss cargo ship is twice as long as G heisei''

that and when in roadtrips put on some good ol' march in your earphones

TetsukiGroudon
Terminated
Terminated

Post by TetsukiGroudon »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:You know you're a Godzilla fan when you go to a city with large architecture and start subconsciously measuring how they would scale with various monsters.
This. Ever since I was little, especially since my Dad works at a port with huge cranes and bridges. And ships too, of course, sometimes even from the navy.

And I live in california... So whenever I visit a city with skyscrapers...

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

You know you're a Godzilla fan when you see an image like this and laugh uncontrollably:

ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Janjira-York
G-Force Personnel

Post by Janjira-York »

Showa Gyaos wrote:You know you're a Godzilla fan when you see an image like this and laugh uncontrollably:

http://www.sunfood.com/media/images/goji_header.jpg
oh my
juice juicy or juicysquishable?

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Very guilty.

You know you're a Godzilla fan when your first thought upon seeing a beautiful, ancient Japanese pagoda is "why has Godzilla never smashed one of these?"

I know the answer is probably because the filmmakers don't want to offend people by destroying places of religious significance, but still. It'd be cool to see. :lol:
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

You know when you hang a Godzilla and Anguillas keychain on your Christmas tree as decorations.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

You know you're a Godzilla fan when someone notices your Godzilla shirts and at some point asks "Is your closet completely filled with shirts like this?"

(This happened today.)
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

You know you're a Godzilla fan when you have a resin Godzilla skeleton on display in your room.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

schvanzbass
Interpol Agent

Post by schvanzbass »

Went to the sushi place wanting a Gorzilla Roll (because reasons) and was disappointed to discover we went to a different sushi place.
I'm gonna start doing horror/sci-fi/kaiju/exploitation film reviews, check it out won't you?

http://www.facebook.com/michaeljayreviews

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

You know when you've done Godzilla's dance from Monster Zero.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

You can instantly recognize variations of kaiju roars when watching other media. For example I just watched some Super Metroid boss fight videos and immediately recognized that the bosses Kraid and Mother Brain used altered roars of Titanosaurus and Anguirus respectively.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

GodzillaFanatic2001
Monarch Researcher

Post by GodzillaFanatic2001 »

You know you're a Godzilla fan when you can recognize which movie footage of King Ghidorah is from based solely off the shape and animation of his gravity ray.
HayesAJones wrote:
Godzilla 2000 wrote:Its harmless fun, pure and simple.
As opposed to those dangerously fun movies.

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

You know you're a Godzilla fan when you're on the highway (not driving), look out the window, and imagine a kaiju stomping nearby (usually appearing out of the trees).

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

{---HYPERZeTToN---} wrote:You know you're a Godzilla fan when you're on the highway (not driving), look out the window, and imagine a kaiju stomping nearby (usually appearing out of the trees).

While driving down the highway, I see some of the electrical towers as kaiju. One design I see makes me think of a two headed Gigan.

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

edgaguirus wrote:
{---HYPERZeTToN---} wrote:You know you're a Godzilla fan when you're on the highway (not driving), look out the window, and imagine a kaiju stomping nearby (usually appearing out of the trees).

While driving down the highway, I see some of the electrical towers as kaiju. One design I see makes me think of a two headed Gigan.
With electrical towers, I always imagine them getting destroyed, and for some reason it's usually by MosuGoji.