Godzilla Related Dreams

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Godzilla Related Dreams

Post by eabaker »

Arbok wrote:Clearly been watching the 1984 flick too much recently...
No, that's not even possible.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

-Once had a dream where Godzilla (looking like a leaner G14) fought a giant, out-of-control mech in a Southwestern town. Godzilla won, then passed out. Dream suddenly decided to have a crossover with the SCP Foundation, as agents suddenly showed up, decided that the best way to cover this up would be to say it was an alien crashed on Earth (with Godzilla being labeled the "alien", while the mech was labeled "the wrecked ship"), for whatever reason. Both were covered in tarps and hauled off by swarms of Pave Low helicopters.

-A while before that, I had a dream where I was about to see G2014 (I had this dream around the time the Comic Con teaser was leaked). I was sitting in the seat when I realized I was dreaming, to my dismay.

-Had several dreams involving Graham from G2014 drawn in a moe style.

Believe me, I've certainly had more, and certainly ones not involving G2014, but these are the only ones I've had recently ("recently" being "within the last year") and they're also the only ones I have recorded.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

It helps to have a small notebook beside the bed to record dreams. That's what I do.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

G2000 wrote: -Had several dreams involving Graham from G2014 drawn in a moe style.
Fangirl Graham.
That is Fangirl Graham.
What do you call it when a railroad engineer moves toward a psychic?
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

TheLastGezora
G-Force Personnel

Post by TheLastGezora »

G2000 wrote:-Once had a dream where Godzilla (looking like a leaner G14) fought a giant, out-of-control mech in a Southwestern town. Godzilla won, then passed out. Dream suddenly decided to have a crossover with the SCP Foundation, as agents suddenly showed up, decided that the best way to cover this up would be to say it was an alien crashed on Earth (with Godzilla being labeled the "alien", while the mech was labeled "the wrecked ship"), for whatever reason. Both were covered in tarps and hauled off by swarms of Pave Low helicopters.
That... would be a cool plot for a movie... just replace the SCP foundation with some generic government cover up group.
Beef Bigshot wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
Im to scared to talk to my comic book store guy. I dont know why but i have this strange feeling that he is secretly plotting against me...
Most comic store owners are pretty chill. Just say hey hows it going chit chat for 5 min then ask about how the godzilla comics are. Don't be afraid to talk to them :D
naw man, I can see murder in his eyes dude. I swear!

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

It's pretty funny how Gerd's post start off completely normal and than turns insane :)
Godzilla

Young Guy
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Young Guy »

I had a Godzilla themed dream not too long ago but I can't remember what happened. Shame, all I remember is that it was pretty awesome!
Do Gamera dreams count? I had a pretty funny one involving him I can speak about if anybody gives a shit.

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

I know for sure I have...can't recall any of them vividly though. Most dreams I have are fucked up or just bizarre.
Resized Image

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Young Guy wrote:I had a Godzilla themed dream not too long ago but I can't remember what happened. Shame, all I remember is that it was pretty awesome!
Do Gamera dreams count? I had a pretty funny one involving him I can speak about if anybody gives a shit.
Of course Gamera counts. I've had Gamera dreams, like the one where I saw him fighting a monster with armor plates on its back. He defeats it despite the armor.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

SuperMonsterZero
Monarch Researcher

Post by SuperMonsterZero »

A little less than a year before Godzilla 2014 came out, I dreamt that I was seeing it in the theater. The movie was entirely in black and white, and started with a gigantic, evil looking Godzilla (he looked kind of like the "Nightmare Gamera" suit from Gamera 3) setting buildings on fire in 1954 Tokyo. It looked just like the scenes in the original film, with the intense white flames. The whole city was on fire. Then a CGI King Kong (he looked like the "long face" model from the 1933 film, and was about 3/4 as tall as Godzilla) showed up and started punching the hell out of Godzilla.
「大人の世界に神様があるように、子供の世界にミニラ大明神があってもおかしくないでしょう」

AbudJasemAlBaldawi
Monarch Researcher

Post by AbudJasemAlBaldawi »

I don't know if drug talk is allowed, but once I tripped out on some tical and saw myself as '74 MechaG making out with some hot chick while falling into a spinning red and blue spiral while listening to Rick James or something.
What do you believe in, heaven or hell?
You don't believe in heaven 'cause we're livin' in hell...

GodzillaFanatic2001
Monarch Researcher

Post by GodzillaFanatic2001 »

I once had a dream where it was like I was watching a movie. Frankie Sakai's character from Mothra was asking Ken Uehara's character from Mothra some questions while he was watching a monitor. Then Ken says that King Ghidorah is on the screen, and Frankie says there it is, strangely refering to it as a she. Then we got a shot of King Ghidorah on Planet X blasting things while standing upright. Strangely, my dream thought this scene was from the prologue to Terror of Mechagodzilla! :?
HayesAJones wrote:
Godzilla 2000 wrote:Its harmless fun, pure and simple.
As opposed to those dangerously fun movies.

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

I just had a dream that Godzilla (looked like a heisei design with a bit of millennium-era and legendary in the mix) was attacking NYC, and he was extremely tall. I then was in central park and I found a Millennian in a tunnel under a bridge, and then it, too, grew very tall.
I cant remember much else considering that j was kinda rudely awoken.
What do you call it when a railroad engineer moves toward a psychic?
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

Lioconvoy
Samurai

Post by Lioconvoy »

I had a dream where I was in a Godzilla costume and I was hired at Rooster Teeth to be the Godzilla of the office.

Rodan
Gotengo Officer

Post by Rodan »

I've definitely had at least one dream I was in a hotel as Godzilla was attacking. Possibly around the time I was doing a school paper on the first film?

That shit is pretty horrifying. Not a fun time.

Shobijin
Yojimbo

Post by Shobijin »

I wonder if anyone had a mushroom trip while watching a Godzilla movie or listening to the music.

With Godzilla being in so many of our dreams, I wonder what he represents in our collective unconscious.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Shobijin wrote:I wonder if anyone had a mushroom trip while watching a Godzilla movie or listening to the music.
I have listened to Godzilla music while tripping. It didn't evoke any special, unique response, I'm afraid; it just sounded cool.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

While watching DAM one time, I was tired and having a hard time staying awake. I had a waking dream while dozing off, but I don't remember any details.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Not specifically a Godzilla dream, but related. I had one last night that I only remember bits and pieces of, but the general idea was that a (probably?) large-scale kaiju invasion suddenly occurred in the real world. The only specific monster I remember was a Gyaos-like creature, roughly Showa-sized, which flew over my house a few times at night, making a strange jet-engine sound as it went.

I also saw it on the news, attacking some city while Air Force jets tried to fight it off. It was sitting on the ground, and there was hardly any light so the monster was hardly visible except when illuminated by missile explosions, which it was easily shrugging off. Then it started shooting back with lightning bolts from its mouth, just casually blowing the jets out of the sky one by one. It was supposed to be all tragic and disturbing in the dream, but I'd love to see a scene like that in a movie.

The dream ended with the thing flying around near my house again, apparently looking for food; I think it had been confirmed as a man-eater already. I was trying to get my little brother and sister to turn their blaring YouTube videos down so it wouldn't hear us, and then I woke up. It's always got to be a at a cliffhanger...

There was also a scene somewhere involving a few monsters on an island, one of which was Baragon. Somebody was being attacked by a Jurassic Park raptor, too. Can't remember much else about it. And I'm pretty sure Star Wars got involved at one point.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Today may've been the very first time I've had a dream of a monster attack. People freaking out on the news while a sunny midday storm was rolling overhead, me running inside after helping put out some kind of tarp to see what the fuss was about, only to go back outside and see Baragon of all things traversing a beach towards my apartment. Only in your dreams could you really comprehend the size of these creatures - all their body features, the teeth, the eyes, their height, and especially their width. It felt like no matter where I could run, it was like it was watching me. It was coming for me. What a nightmare.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock