Monsters Least Likely to Appear Again?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
edgaguirus
Keizer

Re: Monsters Least Likely to Appear Again?

Post by edgaguirus »

Any script can come up with some way to reintroduce a kaiju. Whether it will make sense is the question.

Back to the main topic, Varan is unlikely to make any appearances. Varan has one mediocre film, which is pretty obscure to non fans.The monster's cameo in DAM is a there and you miss it role. Varan, while a well designed kaiju, has little hope of reoccurring in film.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

I dunno, Varan's cult status kinda pushes him a head of guys like Maguma or even Megaguirus.

There have been like three projects that planned to include him; Varan could get lucky one day.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Varan is also pretty popular figure wise, at least the psychedelic vinyls, and has made appearances in the comics. What's cool about the more obscure kaiju is Toho can take them, tweak them a bit, and throw them back in the fray without worrying about offending anyone. Look what they did with Mougera and Baragon.

And sure, Varan was a mediocre film, one of the worst IMO. But it came out in 1958, iirc. That's still during the "golden era" so whether he's well remembered or not he's still associated with the classic kaiju scene. Plus Varan doesn't have a complicated backstory, like Biollante, MKG, or Destroyah, so it's easy to throw him in without changing much if anything at all.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

How about Gigan? As popular as he is, it seems like both Toho and Legendary are going for a more "uber-realistic" route than a cyborg-space-chicken would allow.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Definitely any of the RoM monsters, heck you probably won't even see them in any of the IDW comics as Toho hasn't given them the rights to use them, quite a shame because especially Dagahra has potential.

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

As much as I like Titanosaurus and would enjoy seeing him in a future film -- especially Legendary because that would look cool and he's a good brawler -- I don't think it is meant to be.

Megaguirus or Orga would make creepy additions to a film, but again they seem unlikely to appear again.

Whether the weapon of alien invaders or humanity's defense against Godzilla, I don't see a particular type of MechaGodzilla appearing again. Another MechaGodzilla will be of its own type, as someone pointed out.

Varan and Maguma seem unlikely, as presented earlier.

Giant Condor will never appear again. Its glory must be detained to a single appearance, lest it conquer the peasants King Ghidorah, Mothra, Rodan and Godzilla. It sits on its perch, divebombing Godzilla between movies. Never will it appear again. :lol:
How long has it been? I honestly forgot.
TK's resident Ed, Edd n Eddy fan.
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 54/9ae.gif
[pic=http://x1.fjcdn.com/comments/lt+courtes ... fa40b3496a

Saansilt
Futurian

Post by Saansilt »

I would love a legendary Titano, Orga, and Megagurius.
Gawdziller wrote:I fully endorse this comment.
Chris55 wrote: Anyone else hear Groundskeeper Willie when they read that?
My One Shot, "That Which was Before":
http://tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=22367

GODZILLA LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN HIM BEFORE!
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=25688

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Definitely any of the RoM monsters, heck you probably won't even see them in any of the IDW comics as Toho hasn't given them the rights to use them, quite a shame because especially Dagahra has potential.
I like Dagahra also. In some ways he's like Space Godzilla and Hedorah. Two daikaiju that had lots of potential, but got messed up in some flicks that didn't tap said potential. A high seas conflict with Godzilla would be cool to see.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

The One and Only wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Definitely any of the RoM monsters, heck you probably won't even see them in any of the IDW comics as Toho hasn't given them the rights to use them, quite a shame because especially Dagahra has potential.
I like Dagahra also. In some ways he's like Space Godzilla and Hedorah. Two daikaiju that had lots of potential, but got messed up in some flicks that didn't tap said potential. A high seas conflict with Godzilla would be cool to see.
How'd Hedorah not live up to his potential? He was one of the few monsters from the Showa series that was ACTUALLY a threat
He was creepy, deadly, and way more memorable than any of the RoM monsters.
Hedorahs a monster I COULD see being used again... someday.

Monster X is a monster I dont expect to ever see again
I'm not sure where he stands on the popularity scale for others, but he's just kinda "eh" for me.
I cant really think of anything Monster X should show back up in, unles an anime were to be made
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

Lain Of The Wired wrote: Monster X is a monster I dont expect to ever see again
I'm not sure where he stands on the popularity scale for others, but he's just kinda "eh" for me.
I cant really think of anything Monster X should show back up in, unles an anime were to be made
I agree. He just feels so Final Wars, that it's hard to imagine him in any other film. Plus Toho obviously loves Ghidorah, so I don't see why they'd use Monster X when they could use Ghidorah. Unless we get a Final Wars remake down the road or something crazy like that, which itself is highly unlikely to happen.

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

I can't see Destoroyah happening again. He worked as a one off "Doomsday" like opponent for Godzilla's last film (at the time). It would feel cheap to bring him back.
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:
The One and Only wrote:
How'd Hedorah not live up to his potential? He was one of the few monsters from the Showa series that was ACTUALLY a threat
He was creepy, deadly, and way more memorable than any of the RoM monsters.
Hedorahs a monster I COULD see being used again... someday.

Monster X is a monster I dont expect to ever see again
Hedorah was a threat. But the Smog Monster got saddled with a film that was not too well regarded by either the studio or fans for awhile. Although the last decade he's along with his debut flick has garnered a bit more respect since.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

GalacticPetey wrote:I can't see Destoroyah happening again. He worked as a one off "Doomsday" like opponent for Godzilla's last film (at the time). It would feel cheap to bring him back.
I'd personally love to see him return... he's essentially made to be Godzilla's enemy. Imagine how amazing he'd look with modern effects, too.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

We can be sure that the giant sea snake will never reappear. It was a decent enemy for Kong, but not that interesting.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

edgaguirus wrote:We can be sure that the giant sea snake will never reappear. It was a decent enemy for Kong, but not that interesting.
Decent?
That thing was as effect as a belt
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Post by KaijuFiend »

edgaguirus wrote:We can be sure that the giant sea snake will never reappear. It was a decent enemy for Kong, but not that interesting.
Definitely agree with this. This another case of, "If they're going to use X, why wouldn't they use Y?" In this case, if they want a sea serpent, why wouldn't they use Manda?

M.o.g.u.e.r.a14
EDF Instructor

Post by M.o.g.u.e.r.a14 »

Giant Condor.

Never again.
Fan of Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Sailor Moon, and Transformers.
Dezerb wrote: buenos ding dong didily dias senor.
http://i.imgur.com/PpE0DEQ.gif

Moguera14 X Sailor Moon

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Monsters like Giant Condor IMO have a better chance of appearing than things like Orga cause they can make a quick cameo and don't need a real explanation as towards their existence.

THE GIANT CONDOR WILL RISE AGAIN
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

That could also apply to Oodako.

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

Monster X and Orga. Don't know the level of Orgas fandom following, but he never really wowed me. Monster X felt rushed to me and lazy. Keizer G, well has always been a recycled des g to me.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla