Trolling Godzilla Fans

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Trolling Godzilla Fans

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:17 am
Voyager wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:29 am
Spoiler:
Say Kong won and/or Kong saved Goji from MG.
Doesn't this still constitute a spoiler for those who haven't seen the film?

1.) Mention that you didn't care when Serizawa died in King of the Monsters.
2.) wait for it to fanboy tears.
3.) cover yourself in oil.
4.) Fly!
Problem?
I think at this point it's fair enough to assume the cats out of the bag with MG. It was nearly unavoidable even before the release, and he was briefly in the original trailer. Now most mainstream sources have little holding back discussing MG.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:28 am
Voyager wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:29 am
Spoiler:
Say won and/or saved from MG.

4.) Fly!
Problem?
I think at this point it's fair enough to assume the cats out of the bag with MG. It was nearly unavoidable even before the release, and he was briefly in the original trailer. Now most mainstream sources have little holding back discussing MG.
MG is one thing. The winner between Godzilla and Kong shouldn’t be vocally discussed here without spoiler tags.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Kaiju-King42 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:32 am
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:28 am

4.) Fly!
Problem?
MG is one thing. The winner between Godzilla and Kong shouldn’t be vocally discussed here without spoiler tags.
Whoops, thanks for that, I didn't realize that it was a big deal. I added spoiler tags to all the previous posts.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Say that the movie was better when Joe died in G14.
For Emperor and Empire!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

The self-destruct troll: call Godzilla a stupid movie with rubber dinosaurs fighting in cardboard cities.

Severely not recommended.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:34 pm The self-destruct troll: call Godzilla a stupid movie with rubber dinosaurs fighting in cardboard cities.

Severely not recommended.
You forgot to mention that he looks like Barney. A guaranteed insta-annihilation.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Actually you really wanna troll me just say human characters don't matter, just wanna see monster punch.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Spoiler:
Say that the entire Hollow Earth part of the film is the dumbest, most stupid thing in the franchise, and makes Godzilla flying seems sensible.
For Emperor and Empire!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Voyager wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:04 pm
Spoiler:
Say that the entire Hollow Earth part of the film is the dumbest, most stupid thing in the franchise, and makes Godzilla flying seems sensible.
IT is, but it's also one of the more inventive and unique things that the Monsterverse has offered. But we can use it as ammo. Anytime some brings up "Godzilla movies are ridiculous, therefore bad," bring up what you hid in the spoilers," :)

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Post by Al Diplodocus »

Imply/say that trashing Roland Emmerich's handling of GINO is homophobic in nature because Roland is gay, and therefore any criticism of an LGBTQ+ member's creation is bound to have anti-LGBTQ+ subtext in there.
Last edited by Al Diplodocus on Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Al Diplodocus wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:34 am Imply/say that trashing Roland Emmerich's handling of GINO is homophobic in nature because Roland is gay, and therefore any criticism of an LGBTQ+ member's creation is bound to have anti-LGBTQ+ subtext in there.
You're really stirring the pot with that one :lol:
He Jock it Made of Steel

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Just say the American versions of most Godzilla films are better than the Japanese ones.

Godzilla dies *choose a film people will cry*

Godzilla movies aren't grounded in reality

Godzilla flies

Gojira is boring

Godzilla was always campy and cheesy

Shin Godzilla sucks *I personally believe this so I agree, but others dont LOL*

Added in 1 minute 7 seconds:
Al Diplodocus wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:34 am Imply/say that trashing Roland Emmerich's handling of GINO is homophobic in nature because Roland is gay, and therefore any criticism of an LGBTQ+ member's creation is bound to have anti-LGBTQ+ subtext in there.
In this day and age I will believe that shiiit.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Say that "All Monsters Attack" is an ambitious and thought provoking masterpiece intended by Honda as a subtle and nuanced window into the life of the avarege Japanese working family during the 60's, and thus objectively the best Godzilla film since 1954. Also mention how it's thematically closer to the original film than Shin.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

Say:

Old US Dubs and US versions aren't worth preserving, just use subs or create new dubs

The Criterion Box Set is perfect

Shin Godzilla and the Monsterverse are the best Godzilla films of all time, by far

Most of the Showa films just plain suck, people who think they are superior to the modern films are just old, out of touch and nostalgic for their childhoods

Godzilla is actually a representation of the US. He is an enemy of Japan who destroys it, only for Japan to become completely subservient and dependent upon him for protection from other more dangerous things in the world. The entire franchise is an existential crisis Japan is having about its love-hate relationship with and dependency upon the US
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Chrispy_G wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:20 am Say:

Old US Dubs and US versions aren't worth preserving, just use subs or create new dubs

The Criterion Box Set is perfect

Shin Godzilla and the Monsterverse are the best Godzilla films of all time, by far

Most of the Showa films just plain suck, people who think they are superior to the modern films are just old, out of touch and nostalgic for their childhoods

Godzilla is actually a representation of the US. He is an enemy of Japan who destroys it, only for Japan to become completely subservient and dependent upon him for protection from other more dangerous things in the world. The entire franchise is an existential crisis Japan is having about its love-hate relationship with and dependency upon the US
1. Eh, could live with it.

3. Heresy detected!!!
4. Ok bud, you crossed the fucking line. Prepare for the force of a 1000 suns!
5. ... Oddly specific, but I can see where this is coming from. (Btw, King Ghidorah is definitely China)
Last edited by Voyager on Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Chrispy_G wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:20 am Shin Godzilla and the Monsterverse are the best Godzilla films of all time, by far
This but unironically
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Jermobooka wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:48 am
Chrispy_G wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:20 am Shin Godzilla and the Monsterverse are the best Godzilla films of all time, by far
This but unironically
Eeewwww no :lol:
Last edited by goji89 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Jermobooka wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:48 am
This but unironically
A sick feeling has overridden my senses, my whole bodily system! :lol:
For Emperor and Empire!

Kaiju-Killer 751
Monsterland Worker

Post by Kaiju-Killer 751 »

1. Say Godzilla: Raids Again was better than Gojira because Godzilla fights another monster in that one!

2. Powerscaling and VS-debates; No matter which side of the debate you choose, you will lose.

3. Talk about how Godzilla got his ass kicked by two baby caterpillars, thus he's objectively the weakest monster

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Or say how much better the Showa Gamera films are compared to Showa Godzilla.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.