Strongest/Weakest incarnations of Godzilla?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
The Godzilla Camp
Monsterland Worker

Re: Strongest/Weakest incarnations of Godzilla?

Post by The Godzilla Camp »

Toughest and Weakest Incarnations of Big-G eh? :g2k: - by stats, feats and durability/power that is?

Well for STRONGEST Showa the following candidates:

1.) Big-G 1964 - specifically the 'Mosu-Goji' 1964 suit; whilst many would say it would be late Showa so suppose Big-G 1970s - particularly Big-G 1971-1975 - well Big-G 1974 in particular whom pulled out crazy-ass feats and enduring horrific injuries (e.g. getting his hand reduced to the bone, blinded, cut and sliced, bled like a bloody fountain by Full Metal Missiles/Space Optic Laser Beams), consider for Big-G 1964 - 'Mosu-Goji' where he was blasted with up to 1 million Volts of Electricity from the Artificial Lightning Generators - and whilst he may have actually been downed for the count had the JSDF kept the dosage abit lower but steady instead of just vamping it up ... YET when the Artificial Lightning Generators shortened out - Big-G 1964 just simply got up - blasted one of the Artificial Lightning Generators, fried a few JSDF tanks and just still had 'Two Nukes Worth' to keep kicking ... well until he got 'webbed up' ... I mean SURELY then that's quite a feat isn't it? Enduring up to 1 million volts of Electricity - that amount probably would have been fairly fatal to say HEDORAH 1971 ...

2.) Big-G 1971 and 1974 - enough said as mentioned before ...

For the HEISEI Big-G:

1.) Big-G 1995 Meltdown YES was no doubt one of the most powerful Big-G incarnations and such - then again he was at the same time dying ironically ... AND melee wise he's not really much of a fighter - relying more on power and bulk-slamming at times - and he had to make DESTOROYAH bleed and spew out blood and &^%$ after blasting him 3x with a Spiral Ray Beam ...

2.) Big-G 1993 - hurling a 150K tonne Mecha-G 1993 several hundred yards, enduring the initial fight - which was the fact where he had the Shock Anchor Harpoons embedded in him BUT later he redirected the energy charges back to Mecha-G - short circuiting him ...

For Millenium Big-G: Well GMK, Big-G 2000, Big-G 2002-2003 and Big-G 2004 all had impressive feats of durablity ... BUT then again Big-G 2002 and GMK (most likely really Big-G 2002) probably take the take SLIGHTLY more - given whilst Big-G 2004 was able to one-shot many Kaiju's and later kill Keizer King Ghidorah - that was then again the Ozaki-Charged BEAMS WHILST for GMK - being able to survive - well down to his heart literally and implying he can regenerate with time ... but if one looks at Big-G 2002 - he took the AZC at near PBR - and whilst the ocean sea may have lessened the impact - he was able to survive it - even if the wound was horrendous ... pretty impressive eh? And the injury and scar make him iconic for a Big-G incarnation ... and the fact don't scars make one more 'intimidating' and a 'woah this one's a tough one - they must have taken quite abit of punishment ...'

BUT Big-G 2014 probably actually is a VERY STRONG contender for Strongest Incarnation yet of Big-G (that is, next to Big-G 1995 Meltdown, Big-G 2004, GMK or Big-G 2000) BECAUSE:

1.) As in Big-G Awakening in the Comics - well the prequel to Big-G 2014 - he did survive the P-T Extinction Event - that's 250 million years of survival and experience for a Big-G incarnation - not saying other Big-G incarnations can't do the same BUT ... if the fact how Ken Watanabe's Serizawa's assistant remarked how Big-G 2014 was at the top of a 'primordial ecosystem' - he must have had to contend with NOT JUST the MUTO's - being ancient parasitic enemies of his, the Shinomura's, other unknown potential Kaijus BUT ... perhaps even inter-intra specific rivalries between HIS OWN SPECIES ... given surely then even predators - the saying how a predator's biggest enemy is another fellow predator in rivalries ...

2.) More or less being the last of his species YET the fact how he is still 'aware' of the balance of nature and to 'restore the balance' - as well as the fact the MUTO's were ancient organisms whom were his enemies and parasites which may have killed off his other fellow Godzilla's ...

3.) The 1954 Nuclear Bomb 'Tests' and surviving it at PBR if not near PBR at possibly GROUND ZERO ...

4.) Probably a little more trivial BUT with Big-G 2014 - travelling, 'hunting' if not 'stalking' the MUTO's near non-stop to get to them ... and only collapsing from AFTER killing both the Male MUTO via 'Thwack Whack' into a building AND giving the 'Kiss of Death' to Mama MUTO ...

5.) Another trivial point BUT also notice where Big-G 2014 - he's the first Big-G incarnation to feature gills - AND where he was struck at times in the gills - a potential weak point where the US Armed Forces struck him on the Golden Gate Bridge - clearly Big-G 2014 seemed to be pretty annoyed and uncomfortable ... YET shortly later when he rises from the ocean sea without as much as a flinch or scratch or such and glares at the Male MUTO before the climatic hour fight downtown whilst Kick-Ass and his team are briefed and prepare to perform a HALO jump into downtown San Francisco ... AND where the Male MUTO at times struck him then in the tag-team fight with the Mama MUTO - YET Big-G 2014 still had more than enough to keep kicking it in ...

6.) THE TSUNAMI ... AND HIS ROAR - being able to be heard up to 3 km away ... not saying other Big-G incarnations can't BUT if the producers then put in this claim and such ...

7.) The Tail THWACK! Whilst previous Big-G incarnations have also used their tails as powerful weapons such as Big-G 1962, Big-G 1964, Big-G 2000 to name a few - Big-G 2014 was able to tactically 'work out' the speed of the Male MUTO and at the right moment 'THWACK WHACKED' him at who the heck knows what speed and 'nailing' the Male MUTO not too unlike well - Michael Myers casually lifting and SLAMMING his victims easily onto walls and impaling them ... only difference is that Big-G 2014 doesn't require a knife and he used his tail ... the fact his tail alone being 167 meters - just under 170 meters ...

8.) Strength/Melee/Fighting Style - I know its been mentioned and debated BUT then again at 108.2 meters, 90K tonnes and with a 167 meter long tail PLUS the fact Big-G 2014 like a Big-G IS THE KING - he's pretty melee orientated AND he ain't T&C shy - given at times how he did seem to engage in brutal brawls with the Male MUTO - I mean from glimpses of his battles with the Male MUTO in Hawaii, when Kick-Ass's missus was just about to enter the shelter and the doors were shutting where then Big-G 2014 lets out a short bellow before apparently attempting TO BITE the Male MUTO in the neck/face areas...and ofc how he resorted more to melee attacks and grappling compared to most Big-G incarnations whom usually more or less resort to a beam first AND THEN melee AND then some more beams ... whereas Big-G 2014 resorts to his beams only if he must ... and pretty unique for a Big-G incarnation who doesn't resort to beams at first BUT rather melee :) Though Big-G isn't really complete without an Atomic Ray Beam of any sort haha! :g2k: :g2k: :g2k:

9.) Durability - well the Nuclear Bomb Tests in 1954, MUTO's, Shinomura, P-T Extinction Events, a beating from the MUTO's and strikes to his gill areas, the fallout from that warhead's detonation ... and waking up at day break whilst civilians and US Armed Forces are cleaning up the city areas ... then walking peacefully to the ocean sea - bellowing before swimming home ... oh and also the skyscraper with the dead Male MUTO slamming onto him ...

10.) Atomic Ray Beam - some argue its amongst the weakest of Big-G incarnation Atomic Ray Beams BUT then again - consider Big-G 2014 is fighting against an opponent who was to an extent adapted to it - and the MUTO's being ancient parasitic enemies whom evolved to adapt to it to an extent AND also how they fed off radiation - provided it wasn't an overdose like the 'Kiss of Death' haha but then again perhaps Big-G 2014's Atomic Ray Beam was derived off the radiation off the Earth's depths rather than Nuclear Power stations or Atomic Warheads that the Male MUTO and Mama MUTO both dined on just as much as one enjoys Chocolate Bars (well c'mon - most people enjoy Chocolate Bars eh?) AND the fact how Big-G 2014 was able to fire a few burst successfully at the Mama MUTO without as much as a pause to breathe and later the 'Kiss of Death' where he kills her like that - I mean consider whilst not an Ozaki-Beam or UBER SPIRAL RAY BEAM then again - those were rather power-up vampings whereas Big-G 2014 didn't resort to any power ups or crazy-ass power source - it wasn't like he consumed extra-radiation or Fire Rodan II came in to the rescue or such ... AND the fact that Atomic Ray Beam might not have even been 100% Full Power but hard to say on that part - YET it killed an opponent whom adapted to an extent against Big-G 2014's Atomic Ray Beam powers ... and how they consumed radiation ... and SURELY it certainly looked more potent than Big-G 1954 or Big-G 1955's Atomic Ray Beams given Big-G 1955's Atomic Ray Beams didn't even SEEM TO REMOTELY affect Anguirus 1955 or Big-G 1964's Atomic Ray Beams against Rodan 1964 - which only earned him a few 'beakings' - AND the Atomic Ray Beams were blasted at Rodan 1964 at near PBR ... 2x ... hence SURELY then Big-G 2014's Atomic Ray Beam is powerful in its own right ... or would one rather expect or imagine Big-G 2014 with an UBER-SPIRAL RAY BEAM or Ozaki-charged beam eh?

11.) Intelligence - well not really much of a 'strength' physically speaking BUT Big-G 2014 at times did resort to tactically working out his opponents - the MUTO's strengths and weaknesses and exploiting it - or the fact how when 'Noah Volsen' was pursing him in the carrier - Big-G 2014 increased his swimming speed to 32-33 knots and how one of the carrier officers remarked that 'they were losing track of Big-G 2014' despite following and trailing him ... as if he knew that 'them humans' are following me but I haven't got time for a marine parade when I've got MUTO's to fry ...

Now with the weakest Big-G incarnations eh?

Well - Big-G 1962 seemed to be rather goofy and didn't seem to be that impressive at times ... not saying he's absolutely CRAP downright but at the same time he just kept walking about and when he seemed to troll King Kong 1962 he just kept clapping ... AND King Kong 1962 even managed to make him 'EAT HIS VEGETABLES' when he tried to fire his Atomic Ray Beam ...

Now as with Yankzilla aka Zilla 1998 - true he's another one in this list - BUT given how he's not exactly 100% Big-G and the fact how he didn't have Organizer G-1 or what Big-G had - then again HE DID have some credit where he endured 2x Torpedo blows PLUS he didn't die right away when the F/A 18 jet fighters blasted him with the Missiles - they had to make another strafe run and THE FACT he was trapped on the Brooklyn Bridge - given if one noted earlier in the AH-64 Chopper pursuit they fired a missile rocket at him BUT he dodged it - and he wasn't restricted by the Brooklyn Bridge spans ...

But then again ANY Big-G at times could be weak - that is IF they were incapacitated by a powerful power or such ... but that's another story ...

Well - I've probably put a wall of text so feel free to correct me if I made wrong claims :( ... :g2k:

BUT BIG-G IS THE KING! THE KING! ALWAYS THE KING! :g2k:

Futurian

Strongest Version of The Godzilla character

Post by 3000 »

I was just wondering if there was a general concensus amongst the fandom of which incarnation of the Big G is the strongest out of them all, generally speaking. And if there isnt an agreement, i think it'd be cool to debate and see which version IS the strongest.

I was thinking Final Wars goji but then i realized how much weaker the other kaiju were made. I think I am going to go with GMK Goji on this one. Pretty much fucked everything up throughout the whole film
Member of TK Since 2006

UltramanGoji

Re: Strongest Version of The Godzilla character

Post by UltramanGoji »

Probably GMK Goji or 54 Goji.

GMK tanked a ton of stuff during his time on screen, and even survived at the end as a beating heart.

54 Goji I chose because nothing seemed to stop him during his attack on Tokyo. Aside from the Oxygen Destroyer, the jets were probably the only thing that truly bothered him the entire time.

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Post by EmperorGhidorah »

Been done before. http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... =1&t=20062

Anyways, it's a tie between Meltdown Godzilla and Keizer Godzilla for me.
"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Marvel Godzilla and Keizer Godzilla are a head and shoulders above the rest imo.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

You know the more I think about it, the more I realize most of the FW Kaiju are actually weaker than even 98 in terms of durability.
Godzilla

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

g2vd wrote:You know the more I think about it, the more I realize most of the FW Kaiju are actually weaker than even 98 in terms of durability.
How so?

I always see these comments that arguing that FW kaiju are just really weak but where's the evidence? While some kaiju aren't as strong as they were in there original film I wouldn't say they come close to '98 levels of weak.
^This post in sexually offensive.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Ebirah's killed by freaking Handheld GUNS yes they may be Maser guns but they are the weakest form of Mazer fire and entire body parts were blasted into Goo the Gargantuas are laughing at him.

Kamacuras was killed by being thrown into a pole completely impaled not even 98 would be impaled by a pole. yes the Kamacuras were the weakest enemy's in the franchise but that is completely insulting to even them.

And than G's beam you would think that his beam would outright vaporize Ebirah right? But no his body is completely unharmed after G blasts him not once but TWO times! now normally I would say that is a blant outliner but TWO times, that must mean G's beam at that time had a power output even weaker than that of the Mazer Guns meaning it was all push and not bite.

You know I am going to do that article pretty soon this time, I will finally do that article in the FM debating the thought that FW is all powerful, by going through every monster that appeared in FW with the Exceptions of Zilla and Kumonga.
Last edited by g2vd on Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Godzilla

Dannybeane
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dannybeane »

Late 70s Showa Godzilla. He could bend physics to his will.

szmigiel
G-Force Personnel

Post by szmigiel »

I always thought people over estimated Burning Godzilla’s strength and fighting capabilities. Burning Godzilla is in visibly in torment the entire film, he is struggling to deal with the pain of his nuclear furnace overloading, he is having a hard time concentrating.

His breath has little effect on the Super X3 at all. In previous films all Super Xs, MechaGodzllia, and MOGUERA can brush off a few hits but don’t last to long. The Super X III takes plenty of hits with nothing more then a few sparks

It is like Godzilla is having trouble focusing his atomic breath effectively. Even Junior is able to damage the Aggregate Destroyer with his breath. Yet Godzilla has trouble with the final form Destroyer until he focuses his attacks, then it rips right through Destroyer. Destroyer does get the drop on him a few times, but that is because he really is distracted by the pain and Junior, Godzilla is not even close to being at his best during the fight.

If Destroyer showed up in any other Heisei movie Godzilla would have ripped through him. Destroyer would have to keep fleeing and reforming to even have a chance.

Showa
Through out the Showa era Godzilla was shown to be both powerful and vulnerable at the same time. The only time Godzilla is never really in trouble is Godzilla Vs Megalon. He is spending more time making sure Jet Jaguar isn’t turned into scrap, then having any trouble with Gigan and Megalon at the same time. At one point he and Jet Jaguar are surrounded by fire, Godzilla never had trouble with fire before, just lets Jet Jaguar fly him over it to help the robots self esteem.

Heisei
Spacegodzilla’s Godzilla is the most powerful version of the Heisei Godzilla.

Millennium
Final Wars Godzilla is up there just do to being able to charge his breath and being able to blast objects in space, or into space. Absurdly over powered just like many popular Shonen heroes.

GMK Godzilla is also a pretty powerful version. Pretty much stopped only because of his own stubbornness. But will return.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

szmigiel wrote:I always thought people over estimated Burning Godzilla’s strength and fighting capabilities. Burning Godzilla is in visibly in torment the entire film, he is struggling to deal with the pain of his nuclear furnace overloading, he is having a hard time concentrating.

His breath has little effect on the Super X3 at all. In previous films all Super Xs, MechaGodzllia, and MOGUERA can brush off a few hits but don’t last to long. The Super X III takes plenty of hits with nothing more then a few sparks

It is like Godzilla is having trouble focusing his atomic breath effectively. Even Junior is able to damage the Aggregate Destroyer with his breath. Yet Godzilla has trouble with the final form Destroyer until he focuses his attacks, then it rips right through Destroyer. Destroyer does get the drop on him a few times, but that is because he really is distracted by the pain and Junior, Godzilla is not even close to being at his best during the fight.

If Destroyer showed up in any other Heisei movie Godzilla would have ripped through him. Destroyer would have to keep fleeing and reforming to even have a chance.

Showa
Through out the Showa era Godzilla was shown to be both powerful and vulnerable at the same time. The only time Godzilla is never really in trouble is Godzilla Vs Megalon. He is spending more time making sure Jet Jaguar isn’t turned into scrap, then having any trouble with Gigan and Megalon at the same time. At one point he and Jet Jaguar are surrounded by fire, Godzilla never had trouble with fire before, just lets Jet Jaguar fly him over it to help the robots self esteem.

Heisei
Spacegodzilla’s Godzilla is the most powerful version of the Heisei Godzilla.

Millennium
Final Wars Godzilla is up there just do to being able to charge his breath and being able to blast objects in space, or into space. Absurdly over powered just like many popular Shonen heroes.

GMK Godzilla is also a pretty powerful version. Pretty much stopped only because of his own stubbornness. But will return.
That's because the Breath he uses on Destroyah when he's Melting down are his Hyper Spiral Rays, the breath he uses previously is just his normal breath but it gets more intense as he heats up as the Sx-3 Pilots say during their attack "It's getting more intense we better finish this" I thought the film clearly showed the power of his attacks at the end as flashy effects are everywhere with plasma and explosions that weren't there before. the only reason he was able to use them was because his body was now finally breaking apart and melting down releasing a ton of energy and thus giving him the power to unleash it. I normally rip on most Heisei villains but Destroyah is one of the most durable villains in the series considering he survived a barrage of the most powerful beams in the series, he still sucks at everything else like most Heisei characters though and also he was giving the SX a bit of a hard time.

In Megalon. Megalon's napalm fire is far more intense than any fire G had previously encountered he couldn't cross it with out harming himself. making it one of the few weapons that Megalon possess that he properly used.
Godzilla

Mini-Godzilla
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mini-Godzilla »

Everyone knows that the fourth regeneration of Godzilla is the best one, although TennantGoji has his defenders.

Honestly, though, it depends on what you mean by strongest. Offensively? Defensively? I mean, Burning Godzilla is certainly the most powerful version, but he's also a ticking time bomb. Conversely, the main Showa Godzilla (GRA-TOMG) won the most fights and managed to survive thirteen canonical films, a handful of Zone Fighter episodes, and one child's overactive imagination. That has to count for something.
Godzilla says I should learn to fight my own battles!

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

g2vd wrote:You know the more I think about it, the more I realize most of the FW Kaiju are actually weaker than even 98 in terms of durability.
Yea but Godzilla could also destroy an asteroid in that one.....
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

Monster Zero
Futurian

Post by Monster Zero »

Mini-Godzilla wrote:Everyone knows that the fourth regeneration of Godzilla is the best one, although TennantGoji has his defenders.

Honestly, though, it depends on what you mean by strongest. Offensively? Defensively? I mean, Burning Godzilla is certainly the most powerful version, but he's also a ticking time bomb. Conversely, the main Showa Godzilla (GRA-TOMG) won the most fights and managed to survive thirteen canonical films, a handful of Zone Fighter episodes, and one child's overactive imagination. That has to count for something.
Showa Goji got shot, cut open, stabbed in the head, burned alive, slimed... I agree, the Showa Godzilla is possibly the most powerful. But there's still FinaroGoji who took a meteor to the whole body and didn't flinch, and there is GMK, DesuGoji... Hard choice, but I'd probably go with the Showa in the end of the day.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Ryguy wrote:
Yea but Godzilla could also destroy an asteroid in that one.....
An asteroid is nothing for Kaiju. and yes while he survived it, that is a outlier the same way as G being stuck in a volcano for 4 Years and than stuck in the Mantle for a bit but yet still got hurt by pretty lazers, he is just simply more resultant to that form of damage than the rest because there is NO WAY that MX's beams or puches had a greater output than that of the Asteroid.
Godzilla

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

I like to think that those lasers were more powerful than the volcano or mantle, but had a much smaller area of effect ala like how DBZ (and most shounen manga and anime in general) and DC and Marvel comics characters can control how much of an area their attacks damage. If it works for them, I don't see why it couldn't possibly apply to Godzilla kaiju and the futuristic technology that often attacks them.

szmigiel
G-Force Personnel

Post by szmigiel »

g2vd wrote: That's because the Breath he uses on Destroyah when he's Melting down are his Hyper Spiral Rays, the breath he uses previously is just his normal breath but it gets more intense as he heats up as the Sx-3 Pilots say during their attack "It's getting more intense we better finish this" I thought the film clearly showed the power of his attacks at the end as flashy effects are everywhere with plasma and explosions that weren't there before. the only reason he was able to use them was because his body was now finally breaking apart and melting down releasing a ton of energy and thus giving him the power to unleash it. I normally rip on most Heisei villains but Destroyah is one of the most durable villains in the series considering he survived a barrage of the most powerful beams in the series, he still sucks at everything else like most Heisei characters though and also he was giving the SX a bit of a hard time.
If his beams were that much more powerful the Super X 3 should have not been able to take more then two or three hits at most. Many of those hits were straight on as they were try to freeze Godzilla, they didn't even bother to try and come at Godzilla from behind. Do you think the Super X 3 could have lasted long taking direct hits head on from any other Heisei Godzilla? Is the Super X 3 the greatest Heisei Mecha, and could have beaten every Kaiju from the 90s?

Also if Destroyer is so durable each version seems to take plenty of damage, the soldiers are able to harm the juvenile form, Junior was able to damage both the flying form and the aggregate form. Do you think Junior power level was even close to any of the other Heisei versions of Godzilla? It seems Destroyer's saving grace is being able to break into smaller forms and hide long enough to reassemble later.

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

Probably IDW Godzilla, folowed closely by the incredibly strong but unstable Burning Godzilla, and then FW.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Dillyziller wrote:
I always see these comments that arguing that FW kaiju are just really weak but where's the evidence?
The evidence is that almost every single kaiju (not counting Kumonga) is killed or injured by something that wouldn't have had such a disastrous effect on their showa counterparts.

For example:

Showa Rodan flies headfirst into King Ghidorah when both are flying towards each other at high speeds. FW Rodan gets broadsided by, scaled, a similarly heavy Anguirus. One is pretty much unscathed, the other is KOed.

FW Kamacurus falls on top of a electrical tower and gets impaled. At 20 000 tons it should have crushed the tower. Yes, Showa Kamacurus was weak, but one was durable enough to survive a blast of atomic breath to the face.

Ebirah torn to bloody pieces by handheld weapons. Showa Ebirah survived atomic breath blasts and was able to hold his own against Godzilla.

It's basically just a matter of comparing what the two versions of the character were able to handle. As it turns out the FW kaiju, minus Godzilla, Monster X, and possibly Kumonga (impossible to tell), were harmed by things that their Showa counterparts could have handled.
Destoroyah just became more resistant to heat.

He has a really weird relationship with extreme heat. In his two meter crab form, mere flamethrowers were enough to break him apart. From a pseudo-scientific view it might be because, just as heat excites molecules in real life, the extreme temperatures may have separated his microbes. Then we get an ominous shot of the fallen Destoroyah bits, on fire, but flashing green. It's clear that the fire is having a strange reaction with Destoroyah's biology.

Fats forward to the next day, and Destoroyah's biomass has increased by enormous amounts. There's an entire army of crabs this time, 15 000 tons of them. As if out of nowhere Destoroyah has grown much larger, and the explosions around his aggragate form do nothing to him. He's grown resistant to heat as well.

The same thing happens after Destoroyah is thrown into the power plant by Jr's breath. He's stuck in there for who-knows how long, feeding off the energy of the near-continuous explosions and flames around him. When we see Destoroyah again he's increased in size by 65 000 tons, and now Godzilla's breath can't hurt him unless it hits the exposed floral pattern. He even survives three meltdown spiral rays and a few long-ranged nuclear pulses, injured, but alive.

Heat is a weakness early on in Destoroyah's life cycle, but it's only a temporary solution that ultimately feeds him with energy and makes him bigger, more powerful, and with a greater resistance to heat than he had before.
Is the Super X 3 the greatest Heisei Mecha, and could have beaten every Kaiju from the 90s?
Honest answer?

Probably. It was made after Futurist technology was discovered and designed after SMG and Moguera were built. It's a damn powerful machine compared to the earlier two.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

szmigiel
G-Force Personnel

Post by szmigiel »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Destoroyah just became more resistant to heat.

He has a really weird relationship with extreme heat. In his two meter crab form, mere flamethrowers were enough to break him apart. From a pseudo-scientific view it might be because, just as heat excites molecules in real life, the extreme temperatures may have separated his microbes. Then we get an ominous shot of the fallen Destoroyah bits, on fire, but flashing green. It's clear that the fire is having a strange reaction with Destoroyah's biology.

Fats forward to the next day, and Destoroyah's biomass has increased by enormous amounts. There's an entire army of crabs this time, 15 000 tons of them. As if out of nowhere Destoroyah has grown much larger, and the explosions around his aggragate form do nothing to him. He's grown resistant to heat as well.

The same thing happens after Destoroyah is thrown into the power plant by Jr's breath. He's stuck in there for who-knows how long, feeding off the energy of the near-continuous explosions and flames around him. When we see Destoroyah again he's increased in size by 65 000 tons, and now Godzilla's breath can't hurt him unless it hits the exposed floral pattern. He even survives three meltdown spiral rays and a few long-ranged nuclear pulses, injured, but alive.

Heat is a weakness early on in Destoroyah's life cycle, but it's only a temporary solution that ultimately feeds him with energy and makes him bigger, more powerful, and with a greater resistance to heat than he had before.
Yes and then the SDF weapons that had no effect on the Aggregate Form are able to harm the Adult Form and send him crashing to the ground.

Juniors breath was very damaging to the Flying form sending it crashing into the ground, the Aggregate form blowing off chunks, and a good blast sent Destoroyah into full retreat. Burning Godzilla breath still has effect on the Adult form to break down to a bunch of Aggregate.

The way they present Desoroyah on screen Juniors blue blast are much more effective then Burning Godzilla's red blasts.