Strongest/Weakest incarnations of Godzilla?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
G.Escanor
Yojimbo

Re: Strongest/Weakest incarnations of Godzilla?

Post by G.Escanor »

There are a few incarnations of Godzilla that are contenders for the title as the strongest for separate reasons. The new Godzilla Earth is most likely the physically strongest and has incredibly devastating arsenal of abilities, having an attack that can break tectonic plates and a force field. Then there is Shin Godzilla who has seemingly limitless evolutionary abilities and seemingly instantaneous regeneration, along with an incredibly potent atomic breath and range. FW Godzilla and Burning Godzilla are probably physically on par, but each have different outlets of energy, FW being much more concentrated in his attacks and Burning letting everything loose and radiating the energy than focusing it. The Legendary Godzilla is likely physically superior to Fw and Burning due to his greater mass and size, at the very least he is on par with them, but his atomic breath for only time he has used it, doesn't seem to be as potent or devastating as the attacks of the other incarnations. GMK is physically similar in strength, but has a lackluster durability in comparison to the other incarnations. For films, these are some of the most powerful, and they contend for different reasons. In other forms of media, the Godzilla shown in Godzilla In Hell seems to be the most powerful with his feats having to show for it. if anyone is willing to correct me please do, i'm completely willing to change my thoughts if they are reasonable. if you want to debate, that fine too, but please be civil.
ShinEscanor156

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Well its now Godzilla Earth by far.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

G.Escanor
Yojimbo

Post by G.Escanor »

miguelnuva wrote:Well its now Godzilla Earth by far.
In Film definitely. Incarnations of godzilla in comic are also just as impressive if not more. Godzilla in Hell depicted him colliding attacks with Space Godzilla and destroyed the Earth, and just before the fight I believe there was a panel of the moon which had been shattered by some unknown means.
ShinEscanor156

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Kiryuverse Godzilla is weakest second only to GINO and maybe (early) Showa Godzilla.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

G.Escanor
Yojimbo

Post by G.Escanor »

LegendZilla wrote:Kiryuverse Godzilla is weakest second only to GINO and maybe (early) Showa Godzilla.
I totally agree, but showa stomps GINO xD
ShinEscanor156

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Early Showa Godzilla was shrugging off artillery many orders of magnitude above what killed GINO, and if we're including Mothra vs Godzilla in the early period he's got some of the best attack feats as well.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

SuperPawnageGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by SuperPawnageGigan »

I have to say legendary Godzilla He is just good at melee attacks, Faster, but has a weaker atomic breath.
8-BIT MADNESS
2 Friends having a good time.

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

Ivo-goji wrote:Early Showa Godzilla was shrugging off artillery many orders of magnitude above what killed GINO, and if we're including Mothra vs Godzilla in the early period he's got some of the best attack feats as well.
True, Showa G endured what probably amounted to at least several kilotons of electricity during Mothra vs Godzilla, and only got tougher as time went on.
While he isn't the toughest Godzilla, Showa goji did have some great durability feats, such as surviving MG2's all-out-assault much better than he did a year prior.

I've actually attempted to calculate how much energy MechaG's eye beams have:
I'm assuming Showa G vaporized all of MG2 during ToMG with his atomic breath. (I know the head was taken off but since I don't know how heavy it is, I'm just gonna use MG's full weight)
I'm going to also assume that MG2's "laser firing apparatus" is less durable than his usual head, so once Goji fired his heat ray on the downed MG, it was able to reach its (presumably) more explosive insides.
Since MechaGodzilla's space titanium is about 10 times as durable as steel, I believe that means it would take 10 times as much energy to melt.
steel takes about 1.26 - 1.33 megajoules per kilogram to destroy, so i'll take the high end of 13.3 MJ/KG to destroy one Kilogram of MechaGodzilla.
13,300,000 MJ x 40,000,000 KG/4,180,000,000 = 127,272.7273 tons of TNT for Godzilla's atomic breath by 1974/75.
This also applies to MG's eye beams since they are roughly equal to Showa G's breath, this would mean their beam clash in 74 is equal to 254 kilotons of TNT.
I counted MG firing his eye beams roughly 36 times in his all-out-assault in 1974, meaning it was at least 4,581,818 tons of TNT from just its eye beams alone.

Lastly this means that when King Ceasar reflected MechaGodzilla's beams, the two that hit it were 10 times as powerful, so, combined with Goji's one atomic ray hitting MechaG during the final battle, MechaGodzilla endured 2.67 megatons of TNT before using his all-out-assault.

While I know this isn't a perfect calculation, I wanted to do it since I haven't seen anyone really attempt to figure out the later energy feats of the Showa Godzilla.

Also I believe Showa G would definitely beat any incarnation of Zilla, including Zilla jr.
Last edited by Billzilla1974 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never forget the Showa Era, R.I.P, Haruo Nakajima 8/7/2017. :g64:
Extra THICC!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

I'm not sure if I should be impressed or...
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

Maritonic wrote:I'm not sure if I should be impressed or...
Eh, I probably spent way too much time thinking about this, so I don't mind any criticisms you have about it.

I'm not exactly great at doing energy calculations, but I saw the Godzilla ones by KaiserWombat on the Naruto Forums, and decided to take a crack at one myself.
Even though Showa G isn't techtonic plate damaging like Heisei Goji is, i feel like it wouldn't be proper to leave "old superhero G" in the dust.
This should put him above most pre-90s Godzilla kaiju with some exceptions.
Extra THICC!

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Billzilla1974 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:I'm not sure if I should be impressed or...
Eh, I probably spent way too much time thinking about this, so I don't mind any criticisms you have about it.

I'm not exactly great at doing energy calculations, but I saw the Godzilla ones by KaiserWombat on the Naruto Forums, and decided to take a crack at one myself.
Even though Showa G isn't techtonic plate damaging like Heisei Goji is, i feel like it wouldn't be proper to leave "old superhero G" in the dust.
This should put him above most pre-90s Godzilla kaiju with some exceptions.
Personally, I find it's rather difficult to have these discussions. It's all terribly subjective. We're talking a creature that spans 60+ years, with multiple variables, including nuclear absorption in some films. We really don't know how this affects him. Also, we have creative liberties from writers/filmmakers. So, I find all of this far too subjective to really name one as the strongest.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

Maritonic wrote: Personally, I find it's rather difficult to have these discussions. It's all terribly subjective. We're talking a creature that spans 60+ years, with multiple variables, including nuclear absorption in some films. We really don't know how this affects him. Also, we have creative liberties from writers/filmmakers. So, I find all of this far too subjective to really name one as the strongest.
I agree that finding the absolute toughest Godzilla incarnation is extremely subjective. However, in this age were people either overestimate or underestimate characters, I feel like its a good idea to at least attempt to figure out some of their on-screen feats. Many of which, while fictional & flawed, can still be calculated using some real world data.
Extra THICC!