Your Favorite Secondary Kaiju Powers

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
three
Keizer

Your Favorite Secondary Kaiju Powers

Post by three »

Hello again, TK. This thread is about the secondary powers some kaiju possess, and which you like most. They can be direct or indirect, in other words the kaiju does not need to actively employ them or even be aware that they can do it: it just has to occur. So, which are your favorites?

Upon review, I noticed Biollante in spore form can short out electrical devices. It's an EMP attack of sorts that it doesn't plan on. SG has a litany of different backup powers, such as telekinesis, the ability to go into a flying crystal form, etc. Destroyah can break down into smaller creatures, then regroup, and Mothra is another great "utility knife" kaiju. So, discuss!!!
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Re: Your Favorite Secondary Kaiju Powers

Post by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah »

I don't know if it really counts as a secondary power since it's kind of the only thing he can do, but as a kid I was utterly amazed that Rodan could just fly around and completely destroy a city just by flying around. Something about it was just "WOW!" to me as a kid.

Also, Godzilla flying.
END OF THREAD
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

CaptainStarbird wrote:
Mecha-SpaceGhidorah wrote:I don't know if it really counts as a secondary power since it's kind of the only thing he can do, but as a kid I was utterly amazed that Rodan could just fly around and completely destroy a city just by flying around. Something about it was just "WOW!" to me as a kid.
You mean the fact he can make buildings topple from flying and using his speed to create powerful winds?
If so, then agreed on that.
Yep, that's what I mean. :)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

If these were real creatures, that would probably be a greater feat; but for some reason it just didn't trigger the same kind of reaction in me. I'd guess it probably has something to do with the fact that I can relate to how much it power it would take to topple a building, but (especially as a kid) the relative size of giant monsters was a highly intangible concept so one lifting another just seemed less awe inspiring.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Agreed on all points regarding Rodan being able to level a city by just flying around at supersonic speeds.

#BotM

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

I liked how Godzilla 2000's spines burned anything that touched them.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Safe to say I agree, LC. That plant has alot going on behind the scenes. I suspect she's got more intellect than we think as well.

I like GMK Ghidorah's ability to bite and transfer electric current into opponents as well, and energy transfer present in fire Rodan, Godzilla (Heisei), and Mothra (GMK) is very interesting, as is Mothra's scale defense to weigh down the air and block Godzilla/beam based attacks.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

MrGameguy
EDF Instructor

Post by MrGameguy »

Heisei Mechagodzilla's Eye Beams: It's such an underused weapon.

Mechani Kong's Search Lights: Simple but effective, at least against Kong.

Kiryu's Hand Lasers: Just as over-the-top as the 70's Finger Missiles.

Just for fun.

Barugon's Rainbow Back Beam's: Just one of those weird weapons that I can't help but love.
Originally known as TourettesGigan.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

throwing it in now: as other users have demonstrated this topic is not "Godzillaverse" specific. it's kaiju in general.

Rareeve6195
Monsterland Worker

Post by Rareeve6195 »

Mechagodzilla Showa has like 3 weapons that can be classified as secondary , but il go with his finger missiles.
Gigans buzzsaw , I consider his eye beam his main , all though not being in the original movie.
Heisei Godzillas Spiral beam
Also where does Godzilla's fireball come from ? In the pipeworks games all versions of Godzilla have a small fireball attack , I dont recall him doing anything like that in the movies anyway.
http://youtu.be/vBWniZQLhCY?t=1m24s

Resized Image

I would very much like to see Gorgo Yongary and Pulgasari: Giant Monsters all out attack

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

Godzilla's jet propulsion, tail slide, and magnetic deus ex machina abilities.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

Rareeve6195 wrote:Mechagodzilla Showa has like 3 weapons that can be classified as secondary , but il go with his finger missiles.
Gigans buzzsaw , I consider his eye beam his main , all though not being in the original movie.
Heisei Godzillas Spiral beam
Also where does Godzilla's fireball come from ? In the pipeworks games all versions of Godzilla have a small fireball attack , I dont recall him doing anything like that in the movies anyway.
It was made up entirely for the games. He never did anything like that in any of the films.

Beachkaiju
Young Farmer

Post by Beachkaiju »

Why, Godzilla's dancing ability! Of course! See Godzilla Victory Dance from Monster Zero.

Rareeve6195
Monsterland Worker

Post by Rareeve6195 »

Destroyahs laser sword thing.

Resized Image

I would very much like to see Gorgo Yongary and Pulgasari: Giant Monsters all out attack

Rareeve6195
Monsterland Worker

Post by Rareeve6195 »

His energy ball attack from the game :I I remember playing alot of those games , especially in Save the Earth it would hit you and send you flying no matter where you where , hed always hit you with it

Resized Image

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

That horn katana is an impressive weapon. Other secondary weapons I like are Mothra's poison powder and Anguirus' rolling thunder.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

GxM Godzilla's jumping ability
Resized Image

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Beef Bigshot wrote:GxM Godzilla's jumping ability

i was waiting for this. :lol:

i like the sort of "telekinetic" connection some monsters have to Godzilla. baby for example (Heisei) can reach out to him and call him over, Biollante can quietly all out to him from afar. it's pretty cool.

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

Doctor Kaiju wrote: That's a telepathic connection; telekinesis is the ability to move objects with the mind.
For anyone who's read My Immortal, Vlodemort begs to differ.

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

Godzilla, Nuclear pulse
Mothra, The power of persuasion!
Showa MechaG, Force field
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147