What if King Ghidorah got a franchise instead of Godzilla?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
three
Keizer

Re: What if King Ghidorah got a franchise instead of Godzill

Post by three »

then we'd probably have fewer films, no heisei era, and a millenium renaissance of the hydra defender.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

I'm not really sure if this is what the OP is looking for, but I don't know that KG really would work out well with a series of its own films. The thing is, Godzilla was a villain in the first four films, eventually transitioning into some sort of anti-hero, and then almost a superhero of sorts (all in the Showa era, at least). In the entirety of the character, KG (and any other variants of the Ghidorah character) was introduced and consistently portrayed as a villain through 2004, with the exception of the 2001 film. KG has therefore been cemented as a villain and it's almost like having Zod as a hero in a future film. since the 1984 reboot, Godzilla has again balanced the roles of anti-hero and villain. It's somewhat unfair to categorize KG has being incapable of ever being something other than the villain, but the character seems best portrayed this way, whereas Godzilla is more complex.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

The teaser trailer for the new King Ghidorah movie where it shows his three heads in the smoke and his 'laugh' roar would have been hilarious.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Sav wrote:The teaser trailer for the new King Ghidorah movie where it shows his three heads in the smoke and his 'laugh' roar would have been hilarious.
I suspect the creature would look a lot like the gold-covered version of Smaug in the most recent Hobbit movie.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Ghidorah 2014, released this may.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

Ghidorah, directed by Rob Zombie.

Synopsis: On the planet of space dragons, Ghidorah was the object of mockery of his peers on account of his having only three heads, as opposed to the standard eight of his race. This made him angry, which he channeled via torturing the local Kilaak people. As he grew older and bigger, he began to hone his gravity beam skills and sought revenge on his tormentors. In due time, he became the planet-destroying hellbeast that we've all come to love.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

H-Man wrote:Ghidorah, directed by Rob Zombie.

Synopsis: On the planet of space dragons, Ghidorah was the object of mockery of his peers on account of his having only three heads, as opposed to the standard eight of his race. This made him angry, which he channeled via torturing the local Kilaak people. As he grew older and bigger, he began to hone his gravity beam skills and sought revenge on his tormentors. In due time, he became the planet-destroying hellbeast that we've all come to love.

alternate origin: where the egg came from we don't know. what it was before the accident we don't know. what we do know is the exposure to nuclear fallout changed that rock from space and a villain and hero was born at the same time. its growth unprecadented. within a few weeks it had quadrupled its size, within a year it was the size of a four story building.

it did not come alone.

three years later, another monster attacked, sent by aliens from the third black hole, MechaGhidorah came disguised as our trusted protector. first attacking cities, then Angirus, then engaging in a battle in an oil refinery, Ghidorah blasted away at the metal dragon until the only golden scales remaining were its own. with the truth revealed, humans got their answers: MechaGhidorah was sent to destroy its alien counterpart sent to Earth, making it conquerable. the only problem is, they didn't count on the summoning of our own King Caesar to aid Ghidorah, and that's when the real fight begins...

MrGameguy
EDF Instructor

Post by MrGameguy »

This brings up a lot of questions.

How they would of changed Ghidorah?
Would there be any changes to the 1st film's story?
Would the film still have an anti nuclear message?
How well it would of done?
Would there be any more squeals after Ghidrah Raids Again?
How would this affect other Toho movies?
How would this affect Toho in general?

I can go on for hours but you get the point.
For we know this site might not even exist in that universe.
Originally known as TourettesGigan.

MechaTyranitar
Yojimbo

Post by MechaTyranitar »

King Ghidorah eventually renders Earth into a wasteland before 1999, destroying other monsters like Mothra and Battra. When the meteor hit the earth at the turn of the century, KG flees earth, and in his endless rampage continues to destroy world after world without guidance. Eventually, the universe itself crunches up into nothing, and rebuilds itself again in another big bang, and KG endures all this and continues his reign of terror. After countless eons, he makes his way from the edge of the universe to our solar system, attracted by an instinct..but before he reaches Earth, he first stops on Venus...

Or he just melts down in 1995 because he goes nuclear, and this KG's origin source of power is the same as Godzilla's. And this time, he takes the Earth with him. Kinda anti-climactic.

It would be pretty cool to see another King Ghidorah movie that takes place on some other planet, though. Give it to someone who can make a crazy, imaginative storyline , like what Katsuhiro Otomo did in his unofficial a Space Godzilla.Surreal alien landscapes, aliens fighting KG in sci-fi vehicles and weapons, maybe show how exactly aliens get him to obey. A KG origin movie in the same way Godzilla, Rodan, and Mothra all had their first solo movie.

Gojora
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojora »

We would be having burning king ghidorah.
And king ghidorah junior :D
Edit:i would imagine king ghidorah talking.
TK's Touhou resident.
Basically the only guy here that likes the Shadow Arena.
RIP Shadow Arena, it was my favorite place...
Resized Image
Kaijunator wrote:
Derzerb wrote:Apocalymon makes this fight one-sided since he can flat out delete enemies or he could just wipe out the entire dimension.
Delete enemies. Lol.
Apocalymon: I want to delete my opponents. *goes to computer* and delete! *presses delete button, all enemies get deleted*.