Could King Ghidorah have his own trilogy?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”

King Ghidorah in his own series?

1 film where he is killed in the end
30%
Trilogy where Ghidorah goes from planet to planet destroying them and battles other space monsters
68%
Trilogy where Ghidorah is created by similar to his Heisei origins
No votes
Trilogy where Ghidorah is born on Earth as it's protector but acts like Godzilla as he is a force of nature that causes more trouble then protection
3%

Total votes: 37

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: Could King Ghidorah have his own trilogy?

Post by miguelnuva »

BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:We had a Ghidorah trilogy, it was called all the Ghidorah Showa films, not counting Destroy All Monsters.
The unofficial trilogy is actually GTTHM, MZ and then DAM.
Okay that makes more sense, but looking back at my post, I think the Showa Ghidorah films are a quadrilogy.
Ghidorah was more of a guest in GvsG. Gigan was treated as the bigger threat in that film.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

IT IS TIME FOR ME TO PULL THE MOST BIGGEST BUMP OF ALL.

I like the idea of Ghidorah getting a trilogy where he moves planet to planet, though i'm sure if he ever does get his own movie it's only gonna be one where he gets killed by the end of it.

Though i personally hold out for the "Ghidorah vs. Desghidorah" film i pitched.
Last edited by Gigantis on Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

I'm still waiting for the Tetris trilogy to come out.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Only way I see a trilogy with Ghidorah as a lead being pitched is if it followed the GMK canon where it is the Guardian Ghidorah protecting the planet against various threats.

With that said, a Ghidorah flying world to world battling other rivals to its galactic crown would be amazing if done right.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

MaxRebo320 wrote:I'm still waiting for the Tetris trilogy to come out.
Still trying to get the pieces in place for that.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

It could work. An idea for such a film could involve his terror and reputation among civilizations across planets and galaxies.

A Guardians kind of approach but a kaiju film. Think Godzilla 1954 and Shin Godzilla but on an much grander scale.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Imagine if the Ghidorah trilogy ended with Godzilla, Mothra and Rodan killing him on Earth.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

So the first film would be his origin; The second his attack on Venus/Mars; And then his attack on Earth in G3HM?
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

edgaguirus wrote:So the first film would be his origin; The second his attack on Venus/Mars; And then his attack on Earth in G3HM?
Something like that but the the Gtthm remake would have more focus on Ghidorah and maybe a survivor from the previous attack instead more focus on Godzilla and Rodan.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

All I want is a character similar to the Princess from GTTHM, either being possessed by an alien who survived King Ghidorah's previous attack or just some person being affected by visions of his incoming arrival, as a central character. KG for me works better with some kind of religious and apocalyptic presence, if that makes sense.

The character could have visions of King Ghidorah's attacks on previous planets if you want to show his past.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

ReiwaGodzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by ReiwaGodzilla »

Definitely, there's so many things you can do King Ghidorah, the anime trilogy KG is a perfect example of that.
King Ghidorah is a monster more than capable of having a trilogy, it's such an iconic, different and maybe even "noble" monster, at least compared to the radiation scarred Godzilla...
When those fleeting lives destined to die, forget their humbleness and sing praises of their glory, such will shake the very heavens and split the earth, and they shall know the wrath of the divine. The inevitable incarnation of destruction. So, you show yourself at last. Since we last saw each other, it has been 20 years for us and 20,000 years for you. It's been a while... Oh, King of Destruction.

marcdrac
GPN Volunteer

Post by marcdrac »

The idea of a trilogy of Ghidorah would be fantastic, but depending on a detail, if in the supposed case it were to become a trilogy of Ghidorah, would Godzilla exist in it?
To give an example; the Leo Mothra trilogy, which rented the whole world without the existence of Godzilla, in that case they would be freer to explore more with Ghidorah.
And if Godzilla would count as likely as they have already mentioned, it would be a saga of origin before arriving on earth and could contain references to other kaijus of the Godzilla saga, such as the Millennians (Orga) race that fled from their planet by the attack of Ghidorah and also explain the origin of Gigan, as it became a cyborg kaiju and some more but as a filling of the supposed trilogy that I launched where Ghidorah goes from planet to planet destroying itself and fighting against other space monsters.

skuzzy-punk-kid
Monarch Researcher

Post by skuzzy-punk-kid »

I wouldn't mind if King Ghidorah has a trilogy where he's the hero in an alternate universe. 2 kaiju villains I would like showcased would be Bagan and an evil Godzilla.

The evil Godzilla arc has an antagonist that bends reality, and brings the evil prime King Ghidorah into the alternate universe, where both prime Ghidorah and evil Godzilla gang up on alternate Ghidorah, and gets help from the prime Godzilla. I think this one should be used for the last one.
What :g2k:is :g2k:so :g2k:frikkin' :g2k:wrong :g2k:with :g2k:the :g2k:frikkin' :g2k:G2K :g2k:smiley :g2k:?
The :g2k:G2K :g2k:smiley :g2k:is :g2k:not :g2k:causing :g2k:you :g2k:any :g2k:freakin' :g2k:harm :g2k:!!!

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

Sure he can have a trilogy.

One movie starring each head.

Seriously though, anything is possible, and I wouldn't mind seeing Ghidorah get the chance to spread his wings and see if he can stand as a solo monster. Godzilla, Rodan, Mothra, and even Varan all got to do it, so why not?

A full trilogy? I don't know. Lets do one and see how that goes.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

One film showing him terrorizing both ancient Earth society and alien cities on other planets.

I love the guy but there really isn't much to his character other than he's an evil arrogant king who see's others as being below him, much like actual dragons of myth he is based off of, you can make a villain focused movie about that but 3 is a stretch. Really there's not much you can tell with a King Ghidorah focused story other than look how bad this guy is and how much of a threat and plague he is on people, all people, be they alien or human, and all forms of life in general when there is either no other monster to stop him or the monsters in question are not powerful enough to kick him off of a planet.

Still I imagine such a film would have a lot of neat visuals like flying through a nebulous cloud in space, flying close to to stars to catch their solar winds to travel from world to world, standing in a burning Ancient Rome or razing a high tech, cyber city to the ground on a weird alien planet.

So, yes, I would like to see A movie with King Ghidorah as the villain protagonist, maybe showing a doomed alien civilization in it'd final days before its world was destroyed by him before coming to Earth, but I don't think we need 3.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:40 am, edited 4 times in total.

Rodan95
Monarch Researcher

Post by Rodan95 »

Does King Ghidorah deserve a movie? Absolutely. But a Trilogy? Idk about that.

A intergalactic Science fiction horror film with King Ghidorah's origins and terrifying a alien planet would be amazing.

Hell that concept would work with Gigan as well.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

It's interesting that Mechagodzilla was proposed to have a solo film, Kiryu specifically. Had that been made King Ghidorah would have been the only one left out of the Toho Big Five that didn't get a solo.