Which film did you dislike the most?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”

Which one did you not like

Godzilla Final Wars
17%
GINO
83%

Total votes: 60

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Re: Which film did you dislike the most?

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Are GFW and GINO the only options? Cause I'd probably watch them over some of the other films. If these are the only options though I'd rather watch GINO.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Julia Bristow
EDF Instructor

Post by Julia Bristow »

I dislike GFW slightly more than GINO even though both films are pretty gringe worthy. GFW just shoehorns in classic Toho monsters into a bastard stepchild of The Matrix and many of the monster "fights" are just seconds long and the only highlight is Don Frye as Captain Gordon (the Barry Burton of the Godzilla franchise). Even though GINO is a bastardized version of Godzilla but at least it has a scant few good points (like the score & also Jean Reno).
All Movie snobs can just f off IMO

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

G I N O... and GINO was his name'o
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Shadow
Futurian

Post by Shadow »

Put the polls on never-ending.
I put my vote for GINO for obvious reasons.
To me, FW was bad, but at least it had more Godzilla in it than GINO.
Half as long, twice as bright.
Resized ImageResized Image
Greatest Advertisement of all time.
Greatest Parody Video of all time.
TK's Resident Master Crazy Narrator and Attack on Titan fan

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

Godzilla Final Wars could've won the poll......if GINO wasn't named ''Godzilla''.
Yooo 8-)

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

Two directors took a shit and GINO was it's name'o G I N O... and GINO was it's name'o!
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

kiryu42red
Interpol Agent

Post by kiryu42red »

i don't really know. probably gino, because that it's not a good godzilla movie, but at the same time, final wars. because all the monsters in final wars go out like chumps

Kaiser
G-Force Personnel

Post by Kaiser »

GINO is just a bland Hollywood blockbuster that insults the character and has nothing really to recommend it. Final Wars is stupid, mindless, hyperactive, and cringe-worthy but it at least manages to be entertaining.

GINO it is...

Gojira1963
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gojira1963 »

As my sig line says, I love both movies!! I will watch Final Wars and Godzilla 98 over Gigan or Godzilla's Revenge any day of the week. I like Godzilla Raids Again but I would watch Final Wars and Godzilla 98 over that movie too.
Liam F.

My science fiction/Fantasy blog. with Godzilla content! http://foleyfunfilmfacts.wordpress.com/

DrBreakfastMachine
Interpol Agent

Post by DrBreakfastMachine »

I have a fond, nostalgic appreciation of Godzilla '98. I was around 4 when it came out and even then I understood that it wasn't really a Godzilla film, but something else using the same name. I took it as a different monster and a different movie and I enjoyed it for what it was, along with the insane marketing that accompanied it. I don't remember much from those early years of my life but I have very clear memories of the Godzilla Taco Bell commercials and promotional toys, the merchandise from Trendmasters, the posters, the fruit snacks, the birthday cakes, the candy...Godzilla's face and name were stamped onto everything that summer. The animated series that followed was phenomenal as well. What I'm saying is, while it may not be a great movie, Godzilla '98 is something I've always just enjoyed as a monster movie and a piece of my childhood.

But Final Wars...Final Wars spat in my face, kicked my balls, and stole my lunch money...metaphorically of course. They had the chance to make one last epic Godzilla flick and they gave us an incredibly boring and generic action movie with barely any monster scenes. I don't watch a Godzilla movie to see two hours of humans and aliens fighting each other with guns and motorcycles, I watch it for Godzilla. I know some of the best Godzilla movies are the ones that have little monster action and focus on the characters, but this was supposed to be the 50th anniversary of Godzilla. The movie should have been all about him, but instead he's frozen in ice for most of it. When he finally gets out he wipes out all the other monsters in like 20 minutes, giving us not a single good fight scene. Most of the monsters have less than a minute of screentime, and some barely have a few seconds. I don't understand what happened...to my knowledge, every suit or puppet in the film was made just for FW with the exception of the Mothra prop, so they clearly put a ton of money into it. Why even bother making the suits if they didn't want to use them? Why even make a Hedorah costume just to put it in one shot? Instead we got scenes with humans ripping off The Matrix, Terminator 2, and Independence Day. Pathetic, just pathetic. It would have been better if they had put an extra year into developing Tokyo SOS and released that as the 50th anniversary. Sure it had fewer monsters, but at least they were important and had a ton of screentime.

Palaeogirl
GPN Volunteer

Post by Palaeogirl »

GINO even though I still like that in a So Bad Its Good way. (I think I'm the only fan of GINO's appearance.)

I love Final Wars, its one of my favorite Kaiju films because it runs purely on CrazyAwesomeFuel.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

GINO was an absolute abomination of a "Godzilla" film. I can at least say GFW is a Godzilla film.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Rodan
Gotengo Officer

Post by Rodan »

This is totally a toss up for me.

Both are bad movies, but both are something I've come to enjoy a little bit more recently, or at least respect what they were going for. They also both have genuinely good moments scattered throughout, and I wouldn't consider either the absolute worst of the franchise.

I suppose I prefer Final Wars by a slim margin, if only because I think Kitamura has a little bit more integrity as a film-maker. Then again, it also makes no sense and is a worse stand-alone film, so ... I dunno. We're back to square one.

Rodan
Gotengo Officer

Post by Rodan »

Varan Bon Ziller wrote:Final Wars has the pimp and cop scene.

G98 has a large portion of the Simpsons cast...
Are you trying to sell me more on GODZILLA '98?

It's working.

Rodan
Gotengo Officer

Post by Rodan »

Varan Bon Ziller wrote:The moment were you realize that your plans just backfired. X_X
I mean, in the long-standing feud between casual racism and the Simpsons cast, I'll go with the Simpsons cast every time.

But that's just me.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Gojira1984 wrote:Why didn't you put Godzilla's revenge up in the choices? Because that is worse than the 1998 film! :evil:
I disagree. Godzilla's Revenge could be considered a bad film, but it was more ambitious in concept and stayed faithful to the core values of Godzilla's character.
I don't see the problem with Gabara, either.

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

I wonder why people still call him GINO even though his name is Zilla now. What's up with that?
Shadow Arena Records:

Wins: 1
Losses: 0

MDK
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MDK »

gzilla46 wrote:I wonder why people still call him GINO even though his name is Zilla now. What's up with that?
Zilla is the monster that appeared in Final Wars and the IDW comics.

It is NOT the same creature from G'98.
TK's resident O L D S H O W A F A N B O Y who is a salty heisei and sticklegs zilla H A T E R and GINO fan S T E R E O T Y P E R and member who threw a T E M P E R T A N T R U M over Vega
Legion1979 wrote:The Godzilla fandom tends to attract three types of people; ignorant kids, social deviants and drunks in their late '20s and older. Lol
SaltPersonified wrote:Says the one who threw a temper tantrum over Vega
If you're forced ignored with me and you see this because you logged out to read my posts you need a life lol

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

MeltdownKoopa wrote:
gzilla46 wrote:I wonder why people still call him GINO even though his name is Zilla now. What's up with that?
Zilla is the monster that appeared in Final Wars and the IDW comics.

It is NOT the same creature from G'98.
You sure? Because, not to be rude, but that's not what I heard. I heard that Zilla is what Toho renamed "Godzilla" in that movie.
Shadow Arena Records:

Wins: 1
Losses: 0

Julia Bristow
EDF Instructor

Post by Julia Bristow »

Gojira1984 wrote:Why didnt you put Godzilla's revenge up in the choices? Because that is worse than the 1998 film! :evil:

Hell no. Actually Godzilla's Revenge is more watchable than the 1998 film because it has some decently done characters (plus it has Minya talking)

Lemme guess...........you hate it because its a kids film.
All Movie snobs can just f off IMO