How do Ultra Kaiju compare to Toho Kaiju?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
murasaki07
Ronin

Re: How do Ultra Kaiju compare to Toho Kaiju?

Postby murasaki07 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:12 am

JAGzilla wrote:I know there's a version (Ultra Galaxy, I think?) of Red King that could beat the living poop out of most Toho kaiju. He could probably take most of the Showa kaiju at once, actually.

I'm pretty sure this video shows what he can do, though my internet is too slow to load it right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEXZmLfq6o0

That video made Red King look like the Stone Cold Steve Austin of the Ultra Series.
Grande's Red King is pretty beastly seeing how King Joe Black was whomping all of Rei's Monsters earlier in the series. And Red King EX is even stronger than that.

SpaceG92
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Postby SpaceG92 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:40 pm

JAGzilla wrote:I know there's a version (Ultra Galaxy, I think?) of Red King that could beat the living poop out of most Toho kaiju. He could probably take most of the Showa kaiju at once, actually.

I'm pretty sure this video shows what he can do, though my internet is too slow to load it right now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEXZmLfq6o0

Yeah I think its Galaxy, heck mostly any Kaiju from that series (Belial included) are a good match for Toho Kaiju.

eabaker
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby eabaker » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:50 pm

Same as the answer to any question about the power of these monsters:

They're as strong as the given story needs them to be.

If somebody were going to make a Gigan vs. Zetton movie - well, first of all, I would so be there, but that's beside the point - they would be close to each other in power, because otherwise the movie wouldn't work.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

PopInPicsPresents
Kwaidan

Postby PopInPicsPresents » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:59 pm

murasaki07 wrote:So for those who have seen the UG and Ultraman Zero movies how would you compare characters like Zero and Belial to Godzilla FW and other strong toho beasts?

They don't compare at all. Zero or Belial are light years ahead of any Toho Kaiju in every department.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.

Mama Birdon is bae

Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

murasaki07
Ronin

Postby murasaki07 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:51 am

PopInPicsPresents wrote:
murasaki07 wrote:So for those who have seen the UG and Ultraman Zero movies how would you compare characters like Zero and Belial to Godzilla FW and other strong toho beasts?

They don't compare at all. Zero or Belial are light years ahead of any Toho Kaiju in every department.

I didn't think so.

Breakdown
Kwaidan

Postby Breakdown » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:13 pm

Isn't Belial the only thing that can go toe to toe with him at his strongest?
ImageBaby free at last! Thank Megatron I'm free at last!

Rody
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Rody » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:44 pm

So far....

Return to “General Toho Films”