Favourite Mechas/Cyborgs

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”

Favourite Mecha/Cyborg

Mechagodzilla (Showa)
53%
Super Mecha Godzilla
10%
Kiryu
23%
Mecha King Ghidora
8%
Gigan (Final Wars)
No votes
Jet Jaguar
8%
Moguera
No votes

Total votes: 40

Ligerzilla2014
G-Grasper

Re: Favourite Mechas/Cyborgs

Post by Ligerzilla2014 »

Gyaos wrote:What's SMG have other than the Plasma Grenade?
How about the shock anchors, which made Godzilla's skin look about as tough as wet tissue paper? Honestly, the only reason that those things didn't kill Godzilla was because the humans were too stupid to shoot them at either his heart or head.

Not to mention he's incredibly frail.
I would at least say that his armor is strong, considering it took 5 plus shots from the Spiral Fire Ray to completely melt it.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

ligerzilla2014 wrote: How about the shock anchors, which made Godzilla's skin look about as tough as wet tissue paper?
I'm sorry, was that suppose to be impressive? Plenty of things did that to Heisei Godzilla.
ligerzilla2014 wrote:Honestly, the only reason that those things didn't kill Godzilla was because the humans were too stupid to shoot them at either his heart or head.
Except they did kill him. Momentarily, but he was revived by Rodan not too long afterwards. But yeah, that's what they should of done.
ligerzilla2014 wrote:I would at least say that his armor is strong, considering it took 5 plus shots from the Spiral Fire Ray to completely melt it.
The armor is strong against beams, but it sucks against any physical damage.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Super Mechagodzilla didn't kill Godzilla. Nowhere did it state he killed Godzilla. They caused mass paralysis by destroying the second brain. Godzilla would have probably died later on, but Mechagodzilla never killed him.
The armor is strong against beams
Not really. It was able to tank blasts from two weak kaiju beams (Godzilla and Rodan's). That doesn't make it impressive at all. Especially when you consider how Mechagodzilla malfunctions more than Kiryu.

Infact, I now agree with Tomzilla in thinking that Kiryu is the strongest Mechagodzilla.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

Gyaos wrote:Infact, I now agree with Tomzilla in thinking that Kiryu is the strongest Mechagodzilla.
*Spits out root beer.*

What kind of bizzaro world have I stepped into? How on earth is Kiryu the strongest mechagodzilla? Showa MG turned Goji into a bloody sprinkler and laid waste to both him AND King Caesar. SMG ROFLstomped one of the strongest godzillas in existance WITH EASE. Kiryu? kept falling over, suffering system failures, and really wasn't that strong of a mecha. Not to mention getting sent flying by an INSTA-CHARGE BEAM... where in the Millenium series, insta-charge beams are alot weaker than charged ones... yeah.

As for favorite mecha... MKG, no doubt...
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

How did this become a fantasy match anyway? Shouldn't we base our favourites on their personalities/designs and not their power?
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

These cyborgs/mechs should be based on all their characteristics. While design is a make or break feature for me, I consider their powers and weapons. I know different people are going to stress different aspects as more important, but it's only fair to consider all features before judging.

Or we could throw reason out the window and let this become a fantasy match topic.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.