Godzilla 3D: The Ride NEEDS to happen

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”

A Godzilla ride: Should it happen?

Yes
72%
No
28%

Total votes: 32

gzilla46
Futurian

Godzilla 3D: The Ride NEEDS to happen

Post by gzilla46 »

You know King Kong's ride in Universal Studios. No, not the one that got burned down in 2008, but the newest version in 3D. I went on it and it was epic. You actually felt like you were caught in the middle of Kong's fight with the T-Rexes. So, how can you possibly top a King Kong ride?

With a Godzilla ride of course.

Peter Jackson himself made the Kong ride, so I think he should make the Godzilla ride at Universal Studios Hollywood. It should take all the technologies of King Kong 360 3D and expand on them.

It needs to feel like you're actually caught in the middle of Godzilla's rampage in Hollywood and Downtown LA.

What do you think of the idea for Universal Studio's Hollywood's latest ride? What suggestions do you have?
Shadow Arena Records:

Wins: 1
Losses: 0

Breakdown
Keizer

Re: Godzilla 3D: The Ride NEEDS to happen

Post by Breakdown »

If its anything like the orgasm-inducing awesomeness that is Transformers the Ride

MAKE IT HAPPEN
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

Gyaos wrote:If its anything like the orgasm-inducing awesomeness that is Transformers the Ride

MAKE IT HAPPEN
I love Transformers the Ride. I also love the Transformers movies as well as the franchise in general.

Now, what suggestions do you have for the Godzilla ride?
Shadow Arena Records:

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Rather than be in the middle of a rampage, why not be in the middle of a massive Kaiju battle?
ImageImage

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

Gyaos wrote:Rather than be in the middle of a rampage, why not be in the middle of a massive Kaiju battle?
Hmm. That could be interesting. Maybe it could be a Godzilla rampage first, then when he's about to destroy the rider's car, another kaiju shows up and we've got a huge battle.
Shadow Arena Records:

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Yeah and gradually more and more kaiju show up. Maybe' you're a VTOL sent by the military to study the monsters as they fight?
ImageImage

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

Legion1979 wrote:Cute idea, and awesome if done well, but the odds are pretty much against something like this from EVER happening. Besides I've heard Jackson doesn't even like Godzilla.
Did he say why?
Shadow Arena Records:

Megalon-5
JXSDF Technician

Post by Megalon-5 »

Jackson is in the same boat as Ray Harryhausen and hates Godzilla/Toho for making King Kong vs. Godzilla.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Yeah, I remember Harryhausen calling Godzilla a rip off of the Beast from 20,000 fathoms. He's kinda right in a way =\
ImageImage

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

Who voted no???? Crazy!

Yes make this happen!!!

Frankly Idc if Jackson likes Godzilla or not. He doesnt have to be the one to do it and shouldnt be the one
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

Living Corpse wrote:
gatorzilla wrote:Who voted no???? Crazy!

Me.
I'm shocked. Why would you vote no to making this ride?
Shadow Arena Records:

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I'm kind of surprised how many people are against this idea for a ride. If it's possible, why not?
ImageImage

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Same way Transformers: The Ride did i guess:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqQ4hwN_-Pg
ImageImage

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Gyaos wrote:Same way Transformers: The Ride did i guess:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqQ4hwN_-Pg
Damn... that looks like a lot of fun...
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

GodzillaSpawn
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaSpawn »

^Pretty much. Except with more horror and suspense. I think it should start with a rainy, windy night (like the Twister ride) with sirens ringing and jet planes flying over the audience towards the coast, eventually being blown up by his atomic ray. And then you say Godzilla's large profile and then he you hear his roar. He gets closer and closer and then as he's about to get "you", another monster appears and so-on-and-so-forth.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I've got an idea.

The ride's walkthrough section (waiting in line) is the UNGCC HQ. The riders have been chosen as test pilots for the new Super-X aircraft. You get in to the ride vehicle and you take off. You're flying around enjoying the scenery, when a blip on the radar appears. It's Godzilla and he's headed your way! You dodge atomic breath blasts and Godzilla grabs you and is about to bite the Super-X, when another monster appears (give suggestions as to who). You witness the battle up close until the JSDF is able to distract the two and you make your safe way home. At the end of the ride is a gift store for Godzilla related merchandise.

GodzillaSpawn
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaSpawn »

UltramanGoji wrote:I've got an idea.

The ride's walkthrough section (waiting in line) is the UNGCC HQ. The riders have been chosen as test pilots for the new Super-X aircraft. You get in to the ride vehicle and you take off. You're flying around enjoying the scenery, when a blip on the radar appears. It's Godzilla and he's headed your way! You dodge atomic breath blasts and Godzilla grabs you and is about to bite the Super-X, when another monster appears (give suggestions as to who). You witness the battle up close until the JSDF is able to distract the two and you make your safe way home. At the end of the ride is a gift store for Godzilla related merchandise.
Darker, scarier atmosphere please!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

GodzillaSpawn wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I've got an idea.

Darker, scarier atmosphere please!
Well it was just a quick write-up. Maybe I'll post a more detailed version someday.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Varan Bon Ziller wrote:Or maybe a simulator.

You know, pilot a Super X, MechaGodzilla, Etc.

That's what I had in mind.

Monsterking
Ronin

Post by Monsterking »

Too late. A 3-D Godzilla motion simulator ride opened at Sanrio Puroland in Japan in 1994. It was called Monster Planet Of Godzilla and featured brand new scenes shot by Koichi Kawakita featuring Godzilla, Fire Rodan, and Mothra. Sadly, the ride is no longer there, but a few books were released back in 1994 about the ride, featuring many photographs. Footage from the ride is featured on the Special Collection bonus DVDs from the Godzilla Perfect Collection DVD set from 2004. Strangely, on the DVD version, co-host Hello Kitty is edited out of Miki Saegusa's orientation segment.