Should we get another animated Godzilla series?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Godzilla6014
Interpol Agent

Re: Should we get another animated Godzilla series?

Postby Godzilla6014 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:14 am

I saw that cartoon once when I brought the first two volumes from Classic Media. I wasn't as crazy about it and yes I hate Godzooky he really sucks. It's been years since I've seen it but yeah it's probably not my teast. For the same reasons listed above.
Legionmaster wrote:Yeah how dare people talk about the things they like. What assholes.

Laserface121
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Laserface121 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:36 pm

I've just come up with a new idea. Why not have the animated series be a continuation of the Heisei series but with Godzilla Junior?

LaLlama
Yojimbo

Postby LaLlama » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:00 pm

Personally, I think Godzilla has had enough exposure(with MORE on the way). How bout......

GAMERA!! GAMMERRRRAAA!!!! ARIGATO GAMERA!!! ARIGATO GAMERA!!! ARIGATO GAMERAAAAAA!!!!!
Being a loner ain't such a bad thing. Less people, less problems.

Rody
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Rody » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:14 pm

I would also be more interested in an animated Gamera series than a Godzilla series. Gamera could use a little more recognition, and I think an animated show would be a wise direction - especially considering Gamera has often been a little more child-oriented.

LaLlama
Yojimbo

Postby LaLlama » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:40 pm

Rody wrote:I would also be more interested in an animated Gamera series than a Godzilla series. Gamera could use a little more recognition, and I think an animated show would be a wise direction - especially considering Gamera has often been a little more child-oriented.

It doesn't neccasarily have to be kiddy. It could be like Gamera the Brave, only a bit darker and have his actually skreeonk roar intact.

gzilla46
EDF Soldier

Postby gzilla46 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:54 pm

TyrantGojira wrote:
gzilla46 wrote:I guess no one's heard of Man of Action, who I believe would make a very good Godzilla show. They made great shows like Ben 10 and Generator Rex. Look it up.

Like I said, man of action could be a good choice, but he needs to be serious like, no ultimate spiderman humor. It should be full of action like half-century war is.

I was thinking a bit like Ben 10, except starring Godzilla, fighting monsters not aliens, different characters, does not turn into aliens, and blammo. Great TV show.
Shadow Arena Records:

Wins: 1
Losses: 0

Rody
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Rody » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:56 pm

LaLlama wrote:It doesn't neccasarily have to be kiddy.

Where did I say it had to be "kiddy"? Just because something is a little more child-oriented doesn't mean it has to be totally soft & cuddly. Your own example of Gamera the Brave is excellent evidence of this.

LaLlama
Yojimbo

Postby LaLlama » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:52 pm

Rody wrote:
LaLlama wrote:It doesn't neccasarily have to be kiddy.

Where did I say it had to be "kiddy"? Just because something is a little more child-oriented doesn't mean it has to be totally soft & cuddly. Your own example of Gamera the Brave is excellent evidence of this.

Oh, my mistake. I guess "child-oriented" doesn't mean rainbows and sunshine. Why am I thinking like some deluded 12 year old who thinks he (or she) is all grown up just becuse he/she knows what where all the naughty channels are.

edgaguirus
Kwaidan

Postby edgaguirus » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:40 pm

Gamera would be nice to see in animated form, but the turtle hasn't had much press of late. The only reason we got GTS was because of a movie. Gamera's last film was years ago, and didn't do that well.

Still, I'd like to see Gamera animated. Gamera has had some crazy and unique foes, and it'd be interesting to see what monsters the animators can think up.
Kaiju are just like people- giant, radioactive people.

Megalon went into a bar and saw Gigan. Megalon said, " Again? I thought you gave this up."
" What can I say," Gigan asked. " I'm hooked."

Ligerzilla2014
G-Grasper

Postby Ligerzilla2014 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:43 pm

I have seen ben 10 and generator rex and can vouch for them being kick ass shows. Man of Action is definitely a good group although I don't know what the hell they are doing with ben 10: omniverse. It's complete crap compared to the previous series. And I also think that Gamera is a better choice for kids show. Although its more because i feel that a Godzilla cartoon would be harder to do well because of godzilla's villainous or anti-hero character type.

gzilla46
EDF Soldier

Postby gzilla46 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:45 pm

ligerzilla2014 wrote:I have seen ben 10 and generator rex and can vouch for them being kick ass shows. Man of Action is definitely a good group although i don't know what the hell they are doing with ben 10: omniverse. It's complete crap compared to the previous series. And I also think that Gamera is a better choice for kids show. Although its more because i feel that a Godzilla cartoon would be harder to do well because of godzilla's villainous or anti-hero character type.

I actually had some good ideas for episodes on the matter of Godzilla. I'm planning a few more now. I have some original monsters as well as pre-existing ones. Check em out:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13203
Shadow Arena Records:

Ligerzilla2014
G-Grasper

Postby Ligerzilla2014 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:00 pm

Your ideas are actually examples of things I DON'T want. I wouldn't Godzilla to become a hero again. The closest I would want him to come to being a hero character would be a sort of anti-hero. One that only helps humanity when there is a larger threat that may be dangerous to him too, but even after helping would go right back to destroying humanity and being a villain. The problem with this is that almost every episode would feature him destroying a city, then stopping to kill a monster, and then going back to destroying the city. If its not that, then the episode would be about humans trying different ways to kill Godzilla. That would get old real fast.

gzilla46
EDF Soldier

Postby gzilla46 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:04 pm

ligerzilla2014 wrote:Your ideas are actually examples of things I DON'T want. I wouldn't Godzilla to become a hero again. The closest I would want him to come to being a hero character would be a sort of anti-hero. One that only helps humanity when there is a larger threat that may be dangerous to him too, but even after helping would go right back to destroying humanity and being a villain. The problem with this is that almost every episode would feature him destroying a city, then stopping to kill a monster, and then going back to destroying the city. If its not that, then the episode would be about humans trying different ways to kill Godzilla. That would get old real fast.

That'd be kind of hard. I mean, Godzilla: The Series, was in my opinion, the perfect Godzilla series. Awesome fights, great human characters, Godzilla actually acting like Godzilla (not like in the 98 movie). I want the series to be more like that.
Shadow Arena Records:

Dust_pan
EDF Soldier

Postby Dust_pan » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:08 pm

Godzilla as a hero would be cheesy, but not a bad idea. Especially if they can give us a good reason for why he would be more heroic, and not make him a total tool for humanity.

But I prefer the idea of portraying Godzilla in a more neutral angle. Godzilla never really struck me as a villain. He was always a grumpy, pissed-off, slightly sentient wild animal, but not a villain. The closest he's gotten to true villain status was when he was possessed by angry spirits in GMK, or during a few of his jerkass moments in the early Showa series.
Q: Will we see that monster that Bryan was going to reveal this morning at the press conference?
Cranston: Oh yeah! The only Godzilla movie with an X-rating.

Laserface121
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Laserface121 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:55 pm

I'd like to see him as an anti-hero or someone who isn't fully trusted as a hero.

Rody
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Rody » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:08 pm

^ Agreed. Godzilla is a walking WMD, after all. He works best when he's something of a wild card.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Lain Of The Wired » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:11 pm

I could see an anime Ultraman series, but only if they do away with that kiddie show crap, and make it a lot like the Guyver: Bioboosted Armor anime, dramatic and gruesome!

But I'd still want to see a badass anime Godzilla, Japan can do it the best! :huge:
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

movieartman
Yin-Yang Master

WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE GODZILLA ANIME SERIES/FILMS

Postby movieartman » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:39 pm

Would you Guys like to see some godzilla Anime Style animated movies or series?
please list your ideas and suggestions for such :D

======================================================================================================================
My Ideas

i would LOVE to see animated adaptions of marc cerasini's novels. i think there is more than enough material there to mine for a good long tv series.
the animation style.... id really like for the characters and monsters something along the style of the dead shot sequence of Batman: gotham knight or the most recent Guyver series, not realistic exactly but with badass shadowy Non simple character designs.
for the mechanics/buildings/weapons and such go HARDCORE realistic and detailed.
as they where in such animes as cowboy bebop and some of the later 80s gundam stuff http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcUE3OfcD6c
but i Require details, american type animations dont do it for me, there so light and bare minimum in terms of detail.
Last edited by movieartman on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaxRebo320
G-Force Lieutenant

Re: WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE GODZILLA ANIME SERIES/FILMS

Postby MaxRebo320 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:48 pm

Stop yelling the thread titles!

And we already have a thread like this.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Re: WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE GODZILLA ANIME SERIES/FILMS

Postby junkerde » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:43 pm

no­­­­­­

Return to “General Toho Films”