Question for the fans (Godzilla vs. Pacific Rim)

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Mr. X
Keizer
Posts: 8357
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:41 pm
Location: █████████ 「REDACTED」

Re: Question for the fans (Godzilla vs. Pacific Rim)

Postby Mr. X » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:06 pm

Rody wrote:Right now I'm more excited for PR, but that's because there's more to be excited about in it's case. We have a synopsis, we have concept art, we have a release date (I think), we have our first teasers, and a full-length trailer coming out VERY soon.
Information regarding LPG has been scarcer and vaguer. A year from now, though, I'll probably be going nuts in anticipation.


My god, THIS. This is exactly how I feel on the situation. Thank you, Rody.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.

He's given up

2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg

http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

User avatar
gzilla46
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3734
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:17 pm

Re: Question for the fans (Godzilla vs. Pacific Rim)

Postby gzilla46 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:50 pm

MaxRebo320 wrote:
gzilla46 wrote:And I'll also be seeing Transformers 4.

May God have mercy on your soul.


Not to go off-topic, but what's wrong with that?
Shadow Arena Records:

Wins: 1
Losses: 0

User avatar
Julia Bristow
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2541
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:36 am
Location: Fort Worth, TX

Re: Question for the fans (Godzilla vs. Pacific Rim)

Postby Julia Bristow » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:02 pm

because its directed by Michael Bay, a man who a ton of people hate. You know how certain directors are hated for stuff? Lemme list a few directors who are labeled terrible for ya.

Ed Wood: his films are hated by critics for having very low production values, weak effects work & stories and his masterpiece "Plan 9 from Outer Space" is considered by many Hollywood critics one of the worst films ever made (I disagree and say that there are even worse films like Battlefield Earth or 2004's Catwoman)

Tommy Wiseau: Hated for his funny accent & The Room
Uwe Boll: Perhaps the most hated director alive today and he is hated for pretty much every film he does.

And now Michael Bay. He is hated for the following:

-Sexual camera shots
-Toilet humor (like fart jokes & pot jokes)
-shots of dogs humping
-shaky camera work
-Explosions aplenty
-Weak characters & stories
-Taking established franchises & pissing fans of those franchises off (see his upcoming version of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for a not so good example)
All Movie snobs can just f off IMO

User avatar
gatorzilla
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2102
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:27 am

Re: Question for the fans (Godzilla vs. Pacific Rim)

Postby gatorzilla » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:48 pm

Speaking of Michael Bay...

When are they going to finally either cancel Ninja Turtles or change the release date again? Paramount should know itll lose A LOT of money at the box office going up against Godzilla. Plus its almost 2013 and that movie has had ZERO progress made at all.
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!
Image

2 Up 2 Down
Ronin
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:22 pm

Re: Question for the fans (Godzilla vs. Pacific Rim)

Postby 2 Up 2 Down » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:30 pm

the PR trailer looks amazing. I hope Godzilla doesn't disappoint
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... vKz7WnU83E

User avatar
natevirus
Interpol Agent
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:48 pm
Location: Normally, I'M EEEEVEERYWHEERREE!!! Physically, on Earth...Mentally, somewhere unpleasant...
Contact:

Re: Question for the fans

Postby natevirus » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:33 pm

monster Z wrote:
JAGzilla wrote:What we've been seeing around here is sort of the opposite: hardcore G-Fans that attack anyone who is excited for a giant monster movie that isn't Legendary's Godzilla.


With all due respect sir these comments are ones i found disturbing....

Again, what is it with these anti-PR, Godzilla fanboys? Jesus.

You should see some of the stupidity on Legendary's Facebook page ...god, these fantards are annoying...wanna punch them in the face...ಠ_ಠ

And the fanboys can suck a...well yeah.

Their loss. Dunkass fanboys who are so narrow minded about giant monster movies that aren't Godzilla make me laugh.

Same, I can always wait for Godzilla. I like seeing new ideas for kaiju come to the table. Never understood how someone can be a fan of Godzilla or even Kaiju and be so narrow-minded at an opportunity to see something new and possibly original.
Also, they make the rest of the Godzilla fanbase look like a pack of whiny little dumbasses.
Ugh, they can go suck a missile. I'll be busy enjoying other things (and movies) in life.

This is new and it looks very interesting. Can't understand how "fans of Godzilla" aren't pumped for this and keep going, "where's Godzilla? WE WANT GODZILLA!"
Selfish little brats...need to make a joke about them sometime...hmmm.


I honestly read through it and saw no one really "hating" on PR just stating that it got them more excited for the Godzilla movie really and then that seemed to set off a few people.

IMHO shouldnt it be good that this gets people more excited for Godzilla?
Why would people get so offended and upset about people who arent super excited for something because its not part of their franchise? Isnt that the purpose of a fanbase? To get super pumped and excited about new additions to their beloved franchise and to not really worry about other movies that have nothing to do with said franchise?

When you look at other forums for other franchises and such people are either excited about PR or not. It has no major effect on them. BUT its the G-fans that seem to have so much invested in this movie....why is that?

Im not here to take any sides Im just here to ask questions.

You have seemed to have taken those quotes out of context.

MaxRebo320 wrote:Because some fans are idiots like that.

^I was gonna say the exact same thing!

eabaker wrote:
monster Z wrote:The fans posting about Godzilla have done it on other Legendary posts not just Pacific Rim and they've been doing it for awhile so when you get upset about them doing it on PR posts only it sounds like you are getting upset that more people were posting about Godzilla over PR.


I cannot fathom the logic that would lead to that conclusion.

LOL

Also, I shall have to quote my current sig again,
"Just because you are a fan of something doesn't mean you have to be a bias prick about it"
HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:Being a fan doesn't mean you need to be a douche or take things to extremes.

Oh, Heisei beat me to it.
"Just because you think you are a fan of something doesn't mean you have to be a bias prick about it." ಠ_ಠ
I guess I just enjoy things just to enjoy them...Nothing wrong with that, right? Isn't that what fans do?

User avatar
gatorzilla
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2102
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:27 am

Re: Question for the fans (Godzilla vs. Pacific Rim)

Postby gatorzilla » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:04 pm

Ive come to the conclusion this debate has grown VERY tiresome and people need to STOP comparing the two movies.

Both are different movies made for different audiences.

Pacific Rim will NOT be any threat to Godzilla.

Besides wasnt it because of Godzilla that PR got picked up?
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!
Image

Mr. X
Keizer
Posts: 8357
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:41 pm
Location: █████████ 「REDACTED」

Re: Question for the fans (Godzilla vs. Pacific Rim)

Postby Mr. X » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:17 pm

gatorzilla wrote:Both are different movies made for different audiences.


Eh, not really. Both are for giant monster fans.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.

He's given up

2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg

http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

User avatar
eabaker
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 12040
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:16 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Question for the fans (Godzilla vs. Pacific Rim)

Postby eabaker » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:21 pm

Mr. X wrote:
gatorzilla wrote:Both are different movies made for different audiences.


Eh, not really. Both are for giant monster fans.


Well, from the perspective of the studios producing and distributing them, neither are for giant monster fans. Giant monster fans are an insignificant minority when it comes to dollars spent to see big budget movies.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

User avatar
HeiseiGodzilla117
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 4921
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:20 pm

Re: Question for the fans (Godzilla vs. Pacific Rim)

Postby HeiseiGodzilla117 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:28 pm

Yeah they're both being made to appeal to the broader movie-going audiences, not giant monster fans. It may create new fans of the genre in the process, though. Much like superhero movies did. But yeah, the comparisons and butthurt need to stop.

User avatar
natevirus
Interpol Agent
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:48 pm
Location: Normally, I'M EEEEVEERYWHEERREE!!! Physically, on Earth...Mentally, somewhere unpleasant...
Contact:

Re: Question for the fans (Godzilla vs. Pacific Rim)

Postby natevirus » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:33 pm

Monster Z, are you Akagigryphon? Off topic, I know, but you are reminding me a little of him, on this line of topics anyway.
"Just because you think you are a fan of something doesn't mean you have to be a bias prick about it." ಠ_ಠ
I guess I just enjoy things just to enjoy them...Nothing wrong with that, right? Isn't that what fans do?

User avatar
natevirus
Interpol Agent
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:48 pm
Location: Normally, I'M EEEEVEERYWHEERREE!!! Physically, on Earth...Mentally, somewhere unpleasant...
Contact:

Re: Question for the fans (Godzilla vs. Pacific Rim)

Postby natevirus » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:08 pm

NSZ wrote:nate, monster z got permabanned.

Oh, okay didn't notice that. :|
Guess I didn't realize that because it was the lack of an avatar.
Kinda not surprised though.
Guess it will be a mystery. Meh. *shrugs*
Last edited by natevirus on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Just because you think you are a fan of something doesn't mean you have to be a bias prick about it." ಠ_ಠ
I guess I just enjoy things just to enjoy them...Nothing wrong with that, right? Isn't that what fans do?

User avatar
GodzillaSpawn
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 881
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:15 pm

Re: Question for the fans (Godzilla vs. Pacific Rim)

Postby GodzillaSpawn » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:02 pm

You get banned for not having an avatar?

Is this sarcasm? Im coming to this convo too late...

User avatar
G2000
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5212
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:34 pm

Re: Question for the fans (Godzilla vs. Pacific Rim)

Postby G2000 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:03 am

I'm excited for both, but Pacific Rim moreso because it's actually almost done being made. But yeah, some Godzilla fans are spamming Legendary, and it's annoying. The worst time was when legendary put up pages about Auora, to give condolences and all, and many of the comments just said "Godzilla please" or some variation of that.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

User avatar
JAGzilla
Keizer
Posts: 7572
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:45 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: Question for the fans (Godzilla vs. Pacific Rim)

Postby JAGzilla » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:01 am

^ :lol: So that's what happened to them. I always did think those two were a little too similar.

User avatar
GodzillaSpawn
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 881
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:15 pm

Re: Question for the fans (Godzilla vs. Pacific Rim)

Postby GodzillaSpawn » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:33 pm

NSZ wrote:
GodzillaSpawn wrote:You get banned for not having an avatar?


Nonononono, nate got confused because there was a lack of a Banned avatar on monster z's posts.

monster z got banned because he was a dupe account of zilla-x, and vice versa.



Oh thanks for the clarification. lol

User avatar
natevirus
Interpol Agent
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:48 pm
Location: Normally, I'M EEEEVEERYWHEERREE!!! Physically, on Earth...Mentally, somewhere unpleasant...
Contact:

Re: Question for the fans (Godzilla vs. Pacific Rim)

Postby natevirus » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:01 pm

NSZ wrote:monster z got banned because he was a dupe account of zilla-x, and vice versa.

Not surprised, they did seem similar...
Thank god, though I might miss their-I mean his silly shenanigans. Might.

G2000 wrote:I'm excited for both, but Pacific Rim moreso because it's actually almost done being made. But yeah, some Godzilla fans are spamming Legendary, and it's annoying. The worst time was when legendary put up pages about Auora, to give condolences and all, and many of the comments just said "Godzilla please" or some variation of that.

Yeah, that was obnoxious. -_-
And yet I stumble upon funny stuff like this:
http://akagigryphon.deviantart.com/jour ... -340295070
Last edited by natevirus on Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Just because you think you are a fan of something doesn't mean you have to be a bias prick about it." ಠ_ಠ
I guess I just enjoy things just to enjoy them...Nothing wrong with that, right? Isn't that what fans do?

User avatar
MechaMastodon
Ronin
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:52 pm

Re: Question for the fans (Godzilla vs. Pacific Rim)

Postby MechaMastodon » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:51 am

I am excited for both Godzilla and pacific rim! the more Kaiju monsters the better!
Oh no, it wasn't the airplanes. It was beauty killed the beast.

User avatar
natevirus
Interpol Agent
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:48 pm
Location: Normally, I'M EEEEVEERYWHEERREE!!! Physically, on Earth...Mentally, somewhere unpleasant...
Contact:

Re: Question for the fans (Godzilla vs. Pacific Rim)

Postby natevirus » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:13 pm

Varan Bon Ziller wrote:
MechaMastodon wrote:I am excited for both Godzilla and pacific rim! the more Kaiju monsters the better!


What insanity is this?

Are you saying we can have both?

IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:
:P
"Just because you think you are a fan of something doesn't mean you have to be a bias prick about it." ಠ_ಠ
I guess I just enjoy things just to enjoy them...Nothing wrong with that, right? Isn't that what fans do?


Return to “General Toho Films”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest