When Kaiju Lose

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Voyager
Keizer

Re: When Kaiju Lose

Post by Voyager »

Nothing can beat Ghidorah in DAM and Showa MG’s first death for me.
For Emperor and Empire!

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Showa MG's defeat was quite the turn around. Kuronuma's shock at seeing MG destroyed was priceless.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

Here are some of my favorite kaiju defeats/deaths in the franchise

1. Anguirus' death in Raids Agan: bit in the back, kicked into water, and burned. One of the most savage kills in the franchise.

2. Ghidorah's death in DAM: just a brutal beatdown that makes you feel bad for the alien monster

3. Mechagodzilla's defeat in GvMG: huge w for Godzilla after a very long, difficult battle

4. Ghidorah's death in GMK: most explosive death I have seen in a Godzilla film with charred remains

5. Zilla's death in FW: spectacular ending for Zilla in 30 second fight against Godzilla

6. Ghidorah's death in KoTM: took a lot to make sure that Ghidorah was dead for good.

Honorable mentions: Hedorah in it's original movie, King Ghidorah in 1991, Mechagodzilla II, and Orga

Outside of Godzilla, seen plenty of flashy and gory kills in Ultraman. Eleking in Ultraseven and Gomora in Ultraman ring a bell for me. Gamera has it's fair share as well.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Agreed on Gamera. Guiron had his head blown off, and Jiger had a statue stabbed into her skull. Of course, nothing beats Zigra's passing. The alien shark gets used as a musical instrument before being fried.

If you talk about the trilogy, the way Gamera took care of Irys was impressive.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.