If Toho re-release the older Godzilla films again

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
MaxRebo320
G-Force Lieutenant

Re: If Toho re-release the older Godzilla films again

Postby MaxRebo320 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:09 am

Reminds me of this old conversation:
Gawdziller wrote:
MaxRebo320 wrote:I feel that Godzilla head is watching......waiting......

It's all a part of Toho's plans to reinvent Godzilla into a J-horror movie about an evil DVD case.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Godzilla628
G-Grasper

Postby Godzilla628 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:33 pm

Dang I wonder how much that cost?

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Lain Of The Wired » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:00 am

Only in Japan, only in Japan... :cry:
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

VincentVegaFFF
Ronin

Postby VincentVegaFFF » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:52 pm

But it doesn't include Godzilla 98. Hardly a complete series box set. :D

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Postby Lain Of The Wired » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:56 am

Damn your right!

No G98?

LET'S RIOT!!!

but then again, according to Godzilla Final Wars, burning things will piss Godzilla off!
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Tohosaurus » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:38 am

Living Corpse wrote:And it's only in Japan. Wish we could get that here in the U.S. but no some stupid copyright issues over ROG/G85.

For that, Sony, Classic Media, or someone would have to sub-license every single movie that they don't currently have the rights to, which I don't see any of them doing (not even Sony). Toho doesn't really do releases much outside of Japan so the chances of us getting a beautiful set like that any time soon is very, very slim (nil, really).

At best, we can hope that over the years the companies that own larger amounts of Godzilla movies (namely CM and Sony at this point) slowly acquire one or two here and there over time and eventually just two or three companies have the rights to all the Godzilla movies in NA. They they could contract together for a nice release or one buys the other's entire Godzilla library, etc. But even that has problems because there are some movies that it's hard to see the current license holder letting out of their hands. Sony probably won't readily sell the rights to G98 because it's still a mainstream Hollywood movie at the end of the day. Universal has a death grip on KKvG as far as I know. Ones like those might have to be sub-licensed, and that's assuming both parties are interested.

Very messy for us not in Japan!
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Tohosaurus » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:43 am

Legion1979 wrote:
Tohosaurus wrote:
At best, we can hope that over the years the companies that own larger amounts of Godzilla movies (namely CM and Sony at this point) slowly acquire one or two here and there over time and eventually just two or three companies have the rights to all the Godzilla movies in NA.

But that's not going to happen either because Classic Media doesn't want any more Godzilla movies.

Neither does Sony. Plus I would expected that Media Blasters is not especially keen on getting anything anytime soon given that drama AND the fact that DAM isn't ironed out yet. I was just saying.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

Tamura
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Tamura » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:24 am

Tohosaurus wrote:Plus I would expected that Media Blasters is not especially keen on getting anything anytime soon given that drama AND the fact that DAM isn't ironed out yet. I was just saying.

I would expect MB to never release any in the future since they seem to barely have the money to release stuff they licensed ages ago or get proper distribution on titles they were actually able to release.

Return to “General Toho Films”