Fav. Godzilla music?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
ThatDude100
Ronin

Fav. Godzilla music?

Postby ThatDude100 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:37 am

My favorite music in the Godzilla movies is the theme for Godzilla VS Mechagodzilla 2. It seems like the perfect theme for a Mechagodzilla. It just sounds like the kind of theme you'd hear for something that could actually fight Godzilla. Maybe that's why I like Godzilla VS Mechagodzilla 2. Alot of people don't think that movie was very good, but, I thought it was! Godzilla VS Mechagodzilla 2 is the only Godzilla VS Mechagodzilla movie i've seen might be it too.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Re: Fav. Godzilla music?

Postby Arbok » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:46 am

Probably the intro music for Godzilla vs. Biollante, which includes the cell music before it transitions into Akira Ifukube's Godzilla theme. Just love the mix of haunting overtones before it hits you with the energetic melody.

Runner up is the Godzilla theme from Godzilla 2000: Millennium, which was reused from Godzilla vs. Destoroyah but somehow seems more powerful there as it's mixed within a "meh" score around it.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Space Hunter M
G-Force Lieutenant

Re: Fav. Godzilla music?

Postby Space Hunter M » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:02 pm

Arbok wrote:Runner up is the Godzilla theme from Godzilla 2000: Millennium, which was reused from Godzilla vs. Destoroyah but somehow seems more powerful there as it's mixed within a "meh" score around it.

So it was mixed from M38, eh? Never noticed that until now. Speaking of the Godzilla theme, the arrangement of it done by J.P. Robinson for the Tristar cut of the film is really great. I has a very aggressive, "punchy" quality to it. Why they thought it was a good idea not to include it on the album with the rest of the U.S. tracks is beyond me.
TK's only diehard RMA King Arthur series historian
"All you did was download the ROMs anyway! You can hardly call yourself a real fan!"

I THINK IT STINKS!
SuperMonsterZero wrote:Mire Goji. That must be the Godzilla from the Italian Dogora poster.

ImageImageImage
"Follow the light. The light is your guide."
"Cherenkov light?"

ก็อตซิลลา
哥吉拉

Follow me on the tumblebox

Return to “General Toho Films”