Could any version of Godzilla survive a Nuclear Bomb?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Re: Could any version of Godzilla survive a Nuclear Bomb?

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

The silly and cheesy Showa or Heisei ones, nah. Shin Godzilla probably could.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Obviously, yes. Any Godzilla can.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

gzillafan17
G-Force Personnel

Post by gzillafan17 »

I am inclined to say most if not all Godzilla's could.

Ones I am sure could.

Heisei: Swam through the earth's mantle, came up threw a volcano, staid inside 2 different volcano's for years, his 2 most powerful atomic breath reaches 1.2 million degrees celsius, him and his son survived the destruction of his island. I also don't think a singular nuke could turn him into Burning Godzilla, he absorbed all the radiation from multiple nukes before and all he did was grow and he took no damage from the explosion.

Legenday: He explicitly is stated to have been hit with multiple different nukes, including Castle Bravo.

Original: Again he is explicitly stated to have tanked one and survived.

IDW: Took many different nuclear explosions, inlcuding 3 at once underwater.

GIH: He is a planet buster, he ought to be able to tank a nuke.

Final Wars Godzilla: Took multiple non nuclear massive explosions and came out fine and unscratched.

Most Likely:

Showa: He is of the same species as the original and I believe they say nukes won't work on him in one of the eras movies, he took multiple poundings threw the movies and always survived. His atomic breath alone is 100,000 degrees celsius.

GMK: He created his own mushroom cloud, with bystanders thinking it was a nuclear bomb. And it was right next to him, coming from within him.

2000/GvM: Tanked a mini black hole and destroyed it and created a massive explosion from within Orga and was fine. And he has great regen.

Marvel: Took hits from Thor fine and shots from the most powerful weapon on earth fine.

Maybe:

SOS Godzilla Tanked Absolute Zero, but has a slow regen.
It's not a lake; it's an ocean. - Alan Wake

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

Did they really state 1954 survived one? As far as I know, his only actual relation to the bomb was that it 'released' him from below the ground. He'd been alive in his current state for a long time prior.

If he did take one, though, it's safe to say GMK could've too.

Jeff Nesteruk
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff Nesteruk »

Mechagigan wrote:Did they really state 1954 survived one? As far as I know, his only actual relation to the bomb was that it 'released' him from below the ground. He'd been alive in his current state for a long time prior.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't his skin texture supposed to be scars from a nuclear bomb? I believe there was also a picture from a book showing Godzilla's family without that scar-like texture.
[quote="Smuggers"]Yeah, I can't wait for GOゴジラLA to come out.[/quote]

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

It's hard to say but it's hinted at that most Godzillas are nuke proof or at least a strong possibility of being nuke proof. If believe in the Heisei era part of the reason Japan was reluctant to use nukes was not just because of their policies but because there was no certainty it would even work. I know it's not exactly canon but Steve Martin seemed pretty sure of himself that Godzilla would survive the Russian nuke in G1985. "No matter what happens Godzilla will live."
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

You know it's possible the nuclear bomb hurt Legendary Godzilla. Think about it, Monarch had not seen him since till 60 years later. He probably went into hiding to avoid being nuked again, only coming up when he felt he absolutely needed to I.E. MUTO birth rates being a threat to his continual survival.

Added in 1 minute 52 seconds:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:It's hard to say but it's hinted at that most Godzillas are nuke proof or at least a strong possibility of being nuke proof. If believe in the Heisei era part of the reason Japan was reluctant to use nukes was not just because of their policies but because there was no certainty it would even work. I know it's not exactly canon but Steve Martin seemed pretty sure of himself that Godzilla would survive the Russian nuke in G1985. "No matter what happens Godzilla will live."
Even if not nuke proof, possible they could survive. And I think a Godzilla who is injured by a nuke is worst than one who is unscathed, would you wanna deal with a max pissed off Goji? Humans are lucky Legendary is so docial if I'm right about him being injured.

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Living Corpse wrote:You know it's possible the nuclear bomb hurt Legendary Godzilla. Think about it, Monarch had not seen him since till 60 years later. He probably went into hiding to avoid being nuked again, only coming up when he felt he absolutely needed to I.E. MUTO birth rates being a threat to his continual survival.

Added in 1 minute 52 seconds:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:It's hard to say but it's hinted at that most Godzillas are nuke proof or at least a strong possibility of being nuke proof. If believe in the Heisei era part of the reason Japan was reluctant to use nukes was not just because of their policies but because there was no certainty it would even work. I know it's not exactly canon but Steve Martin seemed pretty sure of himself that Godzilla would survive the Russian nuke in G1985. "No matter what happens Godzilla will live."
Even if not nuke proof, possible they could survive. And I think a Godzilla who is injured by a nuke is worst than one who is unscathed, would you wanna deal with a max pissed off Goji? Humans are lucky Legendary is so docial if I'm right about him being injured.
In the case of LG I sorta see it as they accidentally woke him up, he got some exercise in, they try to kill him with atomic weapons unknowingly feeding him and after the last one he gets full and goes back to sleep.

ShodaiGoji
Samurai

Post by ShodaiGoji »

Jeff Nesteruk wrote:
Mechagigan wrote:Did they really state 1954 survived one? As far as I know, his only actual relation to the bomb was that it 'released' him from below the ground. He'd been alive in his current state for a long time prior.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't his skin texture supposed to be scars from a nuclear bomb? I believe there was also a picture from a book showing Godzilla's family without that scar-like texture.
Yes, here's the image you're recalling;
Spoiler:
Source: http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=24830

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Living Corpse wrote:You know it's possible the nuclear bomb hurt Legendary Godzilla. Think about it, Monarch had not seen him since till 60 years later. He probably went into hiding to avoid being nuked again, only coming up when he felt he absolutely needed to I.E. MUTO birth rates being a threat to his continual survival.
Well SKull Island backs up the claim that the nukes did nothing to him. No way he survives that many nukes if they could kill him.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

ShinGi
Interpol Agent

Post by ShinGi »

Added in 1 minute 39 seconds:
Legendary, Heisei ,GMK and maybe Shin.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

miguelnuva wrote:
Well SKull Island backs up the claim that the nukes did nothing to him. No way he survives that many nukes if they could kill him.
The first nuke hit him, all the rest were just blind fire.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Living Corpse wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
Was it confirmed blind fire? Godzilla is smart I could see him intentionally getting himself nuked as a source of food.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

miguelnuva wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
Was it confirmed blind fire? Godzilla is smart I could see him intentionally getting himself nuked as a source of food.
Thats like someone taking an apple with a grenade in it to the face because they're hungry.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Shin would destroy it before one hit id reckon
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

ZillaJr-KaijuKing
G-Force Personnel

Post by ZillaJr-KaijuKing »

The Godzilla: Awakening comic shows he took the nuke without even a scratch, and the comic's secondary canon to the movie.

It turns out you can get nuke-level energy just from scaling up a flamethrower to atomic breath size.

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads ... t-30666037

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

the comic and the movie are two different things that don't even make sense in its context
The comic is nothing to go on
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Prequel comics are contradicted all the time. Tales from Year Zero is supposedly canon to Pacific Rim but is contradicted by the film itself. I don't put much stake in anything not said in-film.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
Thats like someone taking an apple with a grenade in it to the face because they're hungry.
If you can tank the apple its not that stupid.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

miguelnuva wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
If you can tank the apple its not that stupid.
Still gonna hurt like a bitch. We can see him in distress when the tanks shoot him, like bee stings. A nuke will give 'im a booboo no doubt.