What Godzilla films to see

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Gojira1963
Gotengo Officer

Re: What Godzilla films to see

Post by Gojira1963 »

Millennium series is my favorite and GxMechaG is very good in my opinion.
Liam F.

My science fiction/Fantasy blog. with Godzilla content! http://foleyfunfilmfacts.wordpress.com/

Alexzilla408
Samurai

Post by Alexzilla408 »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:I thought the concept of Kiryu was interesting

We've had an evil Mecha G from space, then we had humans build a good Mecha G for saving Japan

Then you take Kiryu, a good Mecha G, built by humans, for saving Japan, SEEN IT! But wait there's a twist! His frame is the original Godzilla's (OgiGoji's) skeleton! But that's not all, it goes on a rampage thinking it's still Godzilla!

Did anyone else not like GXMG?
I'm not a huge fan. I don't hate it, it's just average as far as Godzilla films go as far as I'm concerned. I think that's probably because I love the two original MechaG movies though, and I love that he is alien-controlled in those films.
Bagan sucks and he will never be in a Godzilla movie. Shutup.

ThatDude100
Ronin

Post by ThatDude100 »

Well, I did finally end up seeing GMKG, and it wasn't bad. It's not my favorite, but, it's still a good movie. The only thing that really bothered me was King Ghidorah. I always thought he was the villain for Godzilla and the humans, so, them saying he was basically friends with Mothra really made me scratch my head. A good movie, but, it kind of threw me off. And thanks for the welcome Alex!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

ThatDude100 wrote:Well, I did finally end up seeing GMKG, and it wasn't bad. It's not my favorite, but, it's still a good movie. The only thing that really bothered me was King Ghidorah. I always thought he was the villain for Godzilla and the humans, so, them saying he was basically friends with Mothra really made me scratch my head. A good movie, but, it kind of threw me off. And thanks for the welcome Alex!
Originally, the film was going to use Angilas and Varan in the roles ultimately filled by Ghidorah and Mothra; Toho insisted on the use of more famous monsters after the story had already been developed, so Ghidorah and Mothra had to be plugged into roles that didn't strictly suit them.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Gojira1963
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gojira1963 »

I may be one of the those rare people that didn't mind King Ghodirah or Mothra in the roles as they used them. Mortha is often a good gal. It was nice to see Ghodira used differently for a change. I didn't care for Baragon and would have preffered Angilas.
Liam F.

My science fiction/Fantasy blog. with Godzilla content! http://foleyfunfilmfacts.wordpress.com/

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Gojira1963 wrote:I may be one of the those rare people that didn't mind King Ghodirah or Mothra in the roles as they used them. Mortha is often a good gal. It was nice to see Ghodira used differently for a change. I didn't care for Baragon and would have preffered Angilas.
I was likewise fine with the repurposing of Ghidorah and Mothra.

As long as Ghidorah is being played counter to Godzilla, it's all good with me.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I never got why people didn't like Mothra for this role. It's not too far off from what she's normally like. Ghidorah was admittedly a bit more unusual, but the movie does a decent job with him.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

^ Fans just like to bitch, nuff said. You always hear "Oh Ghidorah's not a good guy!" or other shit about the movie, I'm not saying GMK was the best movie in the franchise, but in all honosty, it really wasnt that bad, it has great special effects, and great suits, and wonderful fight scenes, yeah they changed Ghidorah's origins, and I really don't see what people's problem is with Mothra's role, she's pretty much in the same role she has always played, just minus the mini twins (who get a nod in the film) and Baragon is Baragon.

People want to bitch about how it would have been better if Anguirus and Varan was in the film, but ask yourself this question, and be honost, Do you REALLY think the movie would be more badass if they replaced Mothra and Ghidorah? If you ask me, I think none of those monsters should have fought Godzilla in the film, I think it would be better if he fought Gabara (oni) King Caesar (shisa) and Orochi

But getting back to the topic at hand here

Godzilla Final Wars- just because it's jam packed with monsters

Godzilla Raids Again English Dub- just because the awfulness becomes helarious
Never forget tadpole :godzilla: