Which Godzilla Movies Haven't You Seen?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
o.supreme
Futurian

Re: Which Godzilla Movies Haven't You Seen?

Post by o.supreme »

I think the American version of KK vs. Godzilla is extremely fun. I wasn't aware it was disliked so much. This was probably ther first Godzilla film I saw, but memories from being 4 years old get sketchy as I enter my late 30's :? I'm just happy to have the Japanese version because it is so different. I know we've talked about this in other threads, but I think this film definitely deserves Criterion Treatment.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Julia Bristow
EDF Instructor

Post by Julia Bristow »

^but doesn't Criterion only give critically loved & important films their treatment (I know they released a Michael Bay film in the past & Godzilla (1954) with King of the Monsters this year but I know they go for art house films nearly exlusively) and plus King Kong vs Godzilla perhaps doesn't fit Criterion's criteria for films.
All Movie snobs can just f off IMO

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

I've never bothered to watch the English dubbed versions of the last 5 movies because, well, why would I?
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Tamura
EDF Instructor

Post by Tamura »

^ Because of Rik Thomas, one of the greatest voice actors of all time?

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

eabaker wrote:I've never bothered to watch the English dubbed versions of the last 5 movies because, well, why would I?
I've never found the dub of ''Final Wars' 'to be that bad, though it may be because Don Frye is already speaking English.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

MaxRebo320 wrote:
eabaker wrote:I've never bothered to watch the English dubbed versions of the last 5 movies because, well, why would I?
I've never found the dub of ''Final Wars' 'to be that bad, though it may be because Don Frye is already speaking English.
But, still, I have it right there with subtitles. There's just no reason that I can think of not to watch it in the original language, as long as that option is available.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

I've never seen Godzilla 1985. I saw Godzilla Vs Biollante in a Japanese version with no damn subtitles, so I didn't have a clue what was going on most of the time.
Giving myself brain damage wishing too hard upon a star.

Twitter: @Dawn_of_the_DED
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.

LaserDuel
GPN Volunteer

Post by LaserDuel »

I've never seen Godzilla Vs. Biollante, but that will change with the upcoming Blu-Ray release. I've also only seen 1985 once, years ago, so I barely remember it.

Bluejira
Samurai

Post by Bluejira »

I have seen all of them. Own all of them in one form or another.
I only watch about 5 of them on a yearly basis though.

Ligerzilla2014
G-Grasper

Post by Ligerzilla2014 »

King Caesar wrote:I've never seen Godzilla 1985. I saw Godzilla Vs Biollante in a Japanese version with no damn subtitles, so I didn't have a clue what was going on most of the time.
I highly reccomend you watch an english version because it is one of the few Godzilla movies with an interesting storyline. You should definetly watch it even if you must resort to *ahem* illegitimate practices

I have never seen godzilla vs mothra (showa), GRA, DAM, invasion of the astro-monster, godzilla vs the sea monster, son of godzilla, and, i don't know if we are counting them as Godzilla movies, but the ROM series.

Gojira1963
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gojira1963 »

I own 23 (24 if you count GINO) Godzilla movies on DVD and watch them quite frequently. I watched Godzilla vs The Thing last night and watched Final Wars this morning.

The only Godzilla movie I have never seen is Godzilla vs Biollante. I have pre-ordered the DVD and that problem will be resolved next month! I cannot wait. I have a bootleg copy of Return of Godzilla would love a legitimate release of that.

Once I buy Godzilla vs Biollante my collection will be complete. I have no plans to buy the following:

All Monsters Attack (Godzilla's Revenge) 1969
Godzilla vs. Hedorah (Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster) 1971
Godzilla vs. Gigan (Godzilla on Monster Island) 1972
Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla (Godzilla vs. the Cosmic Monster) 1974

These are my least favorites and can live without them.
Liam F.

My science fiction/Fantasy blog. with Godzilla content! http://foleyfunfilmfacts.wordpress.com/

Gojira1963
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gojira1963 »

Legion1979 wrote:
Gojira1963 wrote: Once I buy Godzilla vs Biollante my collection will be complete. I have no plans to buy the following:

Complete and utter blasphemy.

And yet...your avatar is of Godzilla from the 1974 Mechagodzilla movie? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.
I didn't know that my avatar was from that movie. There are a lot of people on here that don't like certain Godzilla movies, those happen to be the ones I don't care for that much. It is all subjective taste.

You have motivated me to try and change my avatar. I will find one more to my liking. Thanks. 8-)
Liam F.

My science fiction/Fantasy blog. with Godzilla content! http://foleyfunfilmfacts.wordpress.com/

Ligerzilla2014
G-Grasper

Post by Ligerzilla2014 »

Gojira1963 wrote: I have no plans to buy the following:

These are my least favorites and can live without them.
BURN THE NON-BELIEVER!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ True. We're talking about what we haven't seen, not what we do or don't own. Now, if there are G movies you refuse to see for whatever reason, feel free to discuss them here.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Alexzilla408
Samurai

Post by Alexzilla408 »

I finally saw Godzilla Raids Again. I've actually owned it for a long time, I just never got around to watching it. If we're going to count the ROM series then I haven't seen any of those. But that may change if I find them on Crackle as was suggested earlier.
Bagan sucks and he will never be in a Godzilla movie. Shutup.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

I've seen every Godzilla movie. All 28, and TriStar's "remake."
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

I've seen every Godzilla film, even the 2014 one. Yup, I have my connections. I just need to see John Carpenter's ''Godzilla vs. Gorgo'', and I can die happy.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

I've seen all of them except GxM, although I don't count G85 or GvB as seen due to boots.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

pikmintaro
G-Force Personnel

Post by pikmintaro »

I've been a Godzilla fan since I was like two, so I've seen every single one of them, and I own all the Heisei and Millenium ones (I have Godzilla vs Biollante on VHS, but I preordered the DVD, as for Godzilla 1984 I had to get one from another country off of Amazon that is the Japanese version with english subtitles, it may be a bootleg, but I don't care.) and I own a lot of the Showa ones also.
I haven't seen all of the other Toho Kaiju movies though (Unless it's ones like Mothra, and Rodan.), but I will eventually.
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13"
Favorite Godzilla movies
Showa Mothra vs Godzilla| Heisei Godzilla vs Destroyer| Millenium Godzilla Final Wars

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Star Godzilla.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."