Remaining Godzilla Animation Cells?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Remaining Godzilla Animation Cells?

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

After watch Mothra vs. Godzilla awhile back I began to wonder if there were any remaining animation cells from the Godzilla films. Does anyone know of any remaining cells?
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Malchik
EDF Instructor

Re: Remaining Godzilla Animation Cells?

Post by Malchik »

Animation cells? The only film with animation was Hedorah, I believe. And I'm pretty sure all optical effects were printed right on the negative. At least I don't think they used animation cells to animate the beams.

I'm not entirely sure what your asking.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Malchik wrote:Animation cells? The only film with animation was Hedorah, I believe. And I'm pretty sure all optical effects were printed right on the negative. At least I don't think they used animation cells to animate the beams.

I'm not entirely sure what your asking.
I thought Godzilla's Atomic Ray and various other beams were animated on cells, I wasn't aware the optical effects were printed right on the negatives.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Malchik
EDF Instructor

Post by Malchik »

PopInPicsPresents wrote: I thought Godzilla's Atomic Ray and various other beams were animated on cells, I wasn't aware the optical effects were printed right on the negatives.
I'm not entirely sure anymore. You wouldn't use an optical printer for beams, so maybe they did use cells. I'm sure someone here knows. I heard once that they did have to manually draw the beams, but I have no idea if they inked right on the film or used cells.

Tamura
EDF Instructor

Post by Tamura »

We talking about these kind of cells?

Last edited by Tamura on Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Great... Now I'm thinking "What would a Steak made from Godzilla meat??" taste like :lol: All poisonous radiation aside. I think I'll let someone else make that thread if they want to. Still that depitcion of Godzilla flesh from Biollante is preferrable than the rainbow turd from Mothra vs Godzilla.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!