Old DMC fans aren't very reasonable like Godizlla fans.

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Re: Old DMC fans aren't very reasonable like Godizlla fans.

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Living Corpse wrote:happy goth
Isn't that an oxymoron?
Living Corpse wrote:depressed emo
And isn't that redundant?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Goth may be a style, but it's a style with a mood (ie depression) stereotypically attached to it.

EDIT: I should also mention that emo is a style. Not a mood. So you may as well question my statement about that as well.
Last edited by HeiseiGodzilla117 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

GodzillaSpawn
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaSpawn »

Living Corpse wrote:
GodzillaSpawn wrote:Dante didn't look emo before?
He used to be happy goth, now he's depressed emo.

Hmm, clearly I don't have any friends that are either emo or goth.

All the goth people I knew though dressed in black marilyn mansion type shit and had black lipstick. :roll:

Tormentor
Interpol Agent

Post by Tormentor »

JVM wrote:The hell's the DMC?

*checks Google*

I don't see how the Detroit Medical Center is relevant to Godzilla...

I'm assuming what you really mean is Devil May Cry, but you might want to specify in your initial post.
Devil May Cry was specify within my first post. Everyone clearly understood that even before the marking of your post....

You don't see anyone talking about Detroit Medical Center or even thinking about it, especially since such a place doesn't have any "fans".

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Hellspawn 28 can you find these people that liked DMC 4 most of the DMC fans I talk to hated that game.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillaSpawn
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaSpawn »

I thought DMC4 was a very positively reviewed game. That's the one with Nero, right?

GodzillaSpawn
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaSpawn »

I'll never forget how fun the first one was. Good times!

Black Lion
Monsterland Worker

Post by Black Lion »

The main complaint is that it's being developed by Ninja Theory, who have a history of games with horrible gameplay. And in a series so focused on gameplay and versatile style and challenge like DMC, it's a pretty big complaint. The combos in this new game look too simplistic, the scoring system is babby's-first-action-game easy (you can get an SSS style rank from mashing the same attack over and over?), the framerate is cut down to 30fps, etc.

Plus it doesn't help your cause of "updating Dante's look for modern youth" claiming to make him look more hip and cool, when you really just modeled him after yourself. No Tameem, you do not look cooler than Dante.
Gamera: Guardian of Earth and Friend of All Children*

*except those who are currently out of his immediate field of vision. Sorry.

ゴジラ
JXSDF Technician

Post by ゴジラ »

Black Lion wrote:The main complaint is that it's being developed by Ninja Theory, who have a history of games with horrible gameplay. And in a series so focused on gameplay and versatile style and challenge like DMC, it's a pretty big complaint. The combos in this new game look too simplistic, the scoring system is babby's-first-action-game easy (you can get an SSS style rank from mashing the same attack over and over?), the framerate is cut down to 30fps, etc.

Plus it doesn't help your cause of "updating Dante's look for modern youth" claiming to make him look more hip and cool, when you really just modeled him after yourself. No Tameem, you do not look cooler than Dante.
Meh, Ninja Theory is doing a pretty good job on the game thus far, and the combos aren't all that simplistic, the scoring system could be a bit more toughy, but they are trying to appeal to both casual and hardcore parties. They don't want to scare away new Devil May Cry fans by being too difficult. Save that for the difficulty options within the game lol.

natevirus
G-Force Personnel
Location: Normally, I'M EEEEVEERYWHEERREE!!! Physically, on Earth...Mentally, somewhere unpleasant...

Post by natevirus »

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's similar to Marvel's Ultimate Universe. It's a new spin on a classic character which creates an entry point for new consumers to enjoy Devil May Cry without having to catch up. Will it be different? Sure. But it it's not like it's destroying the classic DMC universe. It looks interesting to me, so I'll probably pick it up.
^This...if I had the systems...:lol: Still, this.
HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:happy goth
Isn't that an oxymoron?
Living Corpse wrote:depressed emo
And isn't that redundant?
:lol:

In the end, I think any fandom has the risk of containing those "unreasonable" fans. But I think I stated that a few posts ago...

And I think those "fans" have gotten to Legendary's Facebook page. -_-
"Just because you think you are a fan of something doesn't mean you have to be a bias prick about it." ಠ_ಠ
I guess I just enjoy things just to enjoy them...Nothing wrong with that, right? Isn't that what fans do?