King of destruction

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

King of destruction

Post by Godzilla165 »

I've always wondered who is worthy enough to have that title, and it's come down to two choices. King Ghidorah since he destroys planets for a living, and Godzilla since he levels cities. So who would you choose? Godzilla, King Ghidorah, or a comepletely different monster?
Last edited by Godzilla165 on Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#BotM

edgaguirus
Keizer

Re: King of destruction

Post by edgaguirus »

Godzilla. Godzilla may only destroy cities, but his rampages leave plenty in ruin. Whatever Godzilla doesn't smash or stomp is burned by fire. Gravity bolts and hurricane winds do plenty of damage, but rapidly spreading flames can do far worse property and human life wise.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

ghidorasauras
Interpol Agent

Post by ghidorasauras »

Ghidorah, obviously. He's a planet destroyer.
Svitska Donkun wrote:Godzilla vs. Robot was best one. It was my favorite of movies. Especially part where Godzilla becomes magnet. I wish I could be magnet, but for people. Maybe then Mama will love me despite me not coming from her womb.

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Post by Primevalgodzilla V2 »

Godzilla165 wrote:I've always wondered who is worthy enough to have that title, and it's come down to two choices. King Ghidorah since he destroys planets for a living, and Godzilla since he levels cities. So who would you choose? Godzilla, King Ghidorah, or a comepletely different monster?
I tink you essentially spelled out the obvious anser in your post. Planets vs Cities. Also, KG's gravity beams do cause 'rapidly spreading fires'. They are explosive too.

I would say mankind though. They are behind Godzilla, Destroyah, Biollante, and somewhat Hedorah and goodness knows what else. Then they create WMDs to kill those monsters that create even more destruction/monsters. Most of the good Godzilla movies carry a negative message about a certain aspect of mankind.
It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. Be it believing in others or them believe in me, it did not matter.
What others called happiness simply did not bring me joy.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Hedorah has to be on the list, at least. He may not cause as much property damage as other monsters, but he's hard to beat in terms of human carnage. He isn't like Godzilla or Ghidorah, where staying out of his direct path will probably save you. He leaves this cloud of poisonous, acidic fumes everywhere he flies. If you're within a few hundred yards of his path and exposed to outside air, you're going to be crippled at the very least.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

SoleMan
G-Grasper

Post by SoleMan »

George Lucas certainly destroyed enough people's Childhoods...
Before it can be filmed, drawn, acted or programed, it must be written.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

^Ooooooh... :freak:
Godzilla165 wrote:...and Godzilla since he levels cities.
EVERY monster levels cities. That's what they do.
However, few kaiju can claim to have killed entire planets, like King Ghidorah and Death Ghidorah.

Julia Bristow
EDF Instructor

Post by Julia Bristow »

SoleMan wrote:George Lucas certainly destroyed enough people's Childhoods...
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy lets not make this into a George Lucas bashing session now
All Movie snobs can just f off IMO

Mincecraft
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mincecraft »

^ I agree, let it drop people.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Anyone else think Ghidorah's reputation is a little wonky?

In GTTHM, he apparently wiped out all life on Mars and the descendants interbred with earthlings. If I recall, they said Mars was also pretty advanced, moreso than Earth right?

How is it that he is able to wipe out life on a technologically advanced Mars, but gets repelled by a much less technologically advanced Earth? Theres also the fact that almost every other alien race makes Ghidorah into their he-bitch.

To me that says that either A. Mars had a really sucky military thats equal to or less than Earth's B. Ghidorah is inconsistent and or has plot shield

Oh and the title goes to Godzilla. Hes death, destruction and war encarnate like his creators intended.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

King Ghidorah lives to destroy. Godzilla is a force of destruction, but not on the same level as Ghidorah.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Reaper Man
Monsterland Worker

Post by Reaper Man »

I'd go with Godzilla over Ghidorah. Godzilla usually ends up whipping Ghidorah's ass when they fight. Granted, he sometimes needs help, but there have been times when Godzilla's soloed Ghidorah, and never the other way around.
Seasons don't fear the reaper, nor do the wind, the sun, or the rain.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Overall, I'd say Ghidorah is a bigger threat to humanity than Godzilla. For all his power, Godzilla is land-bound and fairly slow-moving. He can (usually) be seen coming and avoided/distracted/repelled. There's time for kind of counter-response to be put into action. And said responses frequently work. Flares lured him away from Osaka in GRA, the electric fence kept him out of Tokyo in KKvsG, Kiryu scared him off in GxMG, etc.

Ghidorah, on the other hand, can fly at supersonic speeds. He can be anywhere on the planet within a few hours, and can change direction instantly. Tokyo looks too heavily guarded? No problem, he just turns around and takes out Shanghai. And what next? Hong Kong? Sydney? Bangkok? He can hit any of them or any number of other targets in a matter of minutes. Our defenses can't be concentrated everywhere, so we'd be forced to shore up the most valuable cities and leave everything else at his mercy. And it's not like our defenses mean much to him, anyway. Our aircraft are like bugs to him, and most anti-aircraft missiles don't pack enough punch to bother him. Short of trying to blow him out of the sky with nukes, which would cause almost as much damage as he would, there's not a lot we can do about him. He can just keep attacking at will, until he wipes us out or terrestrial kaiju come to the rescue.

So I'd say Ghidorah deserves to be called the King of Destruction. Much more so than Godzilla, at any rate.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio