Are you embarressed to be a Godzilla fan?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”

Are you embarrassed to be a Godzilla fan?

Hell no!
66%
No
20%
Kinda
12%
Yes
1%
Hell yes!
1%

Total votes: 170

ghidorasauras
Interpol Agent

Are you embarressed to be a Godzilla fan?

Post by ghidorasauras »

So are you?
Svitska Donkun wrote:Godzilla vs. Robot was best one. It was my favorite of movies. Especially part where Godzilla becomes magnet. I wish I could be magnet, but for people. Maybe then Mama will love me despite me not coming from her womb.

Gojira-Fan
Gotengo Officer

Re: Are you embarressed to be a Godzilla fan?

Post by Gojira-Fan »

Living Corpse wrote:Nope.

Doesn't mean I'm gonna walk around declaring myself a fan to everyone in public. That's just be making a target out of yourself. Or bring it up in a conversation when the other person has no interest in it, cause then that'd be alienating them. Unless the other person says something about it like they noticed my film collection and ask or it's another fan like one of my friends I don't talk about it. Common sense.
^Pretty much this

Julia Bristow
EDF Instructor

Post by Julia Bristow »

No not really but however I only bring up Godzilla while talking with ffriends who are casual G-fans
All Movie snobs can just f off IMO

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Hell to the no. Why would I be? Godzilla is a popular franchise, and my best bud is a great Gfan though he doesn't know very much of the Toho kaiju.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Ethan
G-Grasper

Post by Ethan »

It really depends on the embarrasment's origin. I'm not ashamed to say I like films about men in suits that smash miniatures. I am however ashamed of the fandom in general (at least as far the Internet has shown). So yeah, I'd rather be a member of the general public than a fan.
"If only all garden variety fans had just one neck!"

Gojira-Fan
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gojira-Fan »

Ethan wrote:It really depends on the embarrasment's origin. I'm not ashamed to say I like films about men in suits that smash miniatures. I am however ashamed of the fandom in general (at least as far the Internet has shown). So yeah, I'd rather be a member of the general public than a fan.
And why is that?

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

Absolutely not. It's probably harder for the people still in middle school or high school where the social climate can be brutal but I've had some wonderful discussions over dinner with friends about our interests and they're at least willing to listen when you have to explain how Godzilla originally was MUCH more than just a sci-fi flick. Often enough that leads to other conversations about Japan, the politics of nuclear power, etc. Maybe that stuff is only interesting to me, heh.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

Gojira1963
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gojira1963 »

At my age I don't care. If you're still in middle school and high school where kids are immature and brutal, then yeah I understand why it may be difficult. But hang in there things like what interests you doesn't matter much as you get older.
Liam F.

My science fiction/Fantasy blog. with Godzilla content! http://foleyfunfilmfacts.wordpress.com/

GodzillaDude
Futurian

Post by GodzillaDude »

I am in high school right now, and I am not at all embarrassed to be a fan. Don't really care what the douche-bags at my school think about it either.
SA
W: 72 L: 72

Instagram: @bloodeejacobreviews

Youtube channel (TV shows, movies, games, horror in general, etc): http://www.youtube.com/c/BloodeeJacob

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I was hoping "Hell No!" would be an option. :lol:

So... yeah. That, more or less. I am a kaiju fan, and I've never hesitated to admit that. Not that I shove it in peoples' faces, but if asked about my interests or whatever, I list kaiju movies as one of them.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

I checked 'Hell, no!' It's not like being a fan of Pound Puppies or Smurfs.

Tormentor
Interpol Agent

Post by Tormentor »

I'm not,

I openly show that I am a Godzilla fan by wearing my G shirts out in public. No one comes up to me and makes fun of me. Recently the only thing that I've noticed is that when I went to the movies to see Ted, I heard a group of friends noticing my shirt then suddenly talking about the LP Godzilla film and who Godzilla could possibly face against. I was surprised when I heard one of them suggested Mothra, but after a few more moments, the convo changed to Pacific Rim. -shrugs-

Overall I have no problem declaring that I'm a Godzilla fan, if anyone has a problem with it then I don't really care. The only one I know who has a problem with me being a G-fan is my girlfriend, but that's because she's a Gamera fan and dislikes Godzilla for being a beast that destroys cities and harm innocent children. (Granted, she was first exposed to Godzilla by the film GMK...So you know, the hospital scene lol). Don't worry, its a lightly playful thing, she's one of those Gamera fans who enjoyed him from the Showa films. Sooo....Children Protector and what not.

But yeah, she has never seen the Heisei films...Ever. I should show her Gamera 3, sure he saved like one child but surely he indirectly barbecued like a boat size of them when pursing the flock of Gyaos lol

GotengoXGodzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by GotengoXGodzilla »

Nope. I've never been embarrassed to be a Godzilla fan. I was picked on in High School for a while because of it, but I really didn't care. I love being a fan and will never stop being one.
Check out my film blog - Seeing Is Believing

DeadpoolsbetterThanU
JXSDF Technician

Post by DeadpoolsbetterThanU »

No one really knows... but that's because no one cares too.
CHIMICHANGA!!!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote:Nothing says AMURIKA like cars, explosives, guns, hot chicks, and tons of money being spent on it.

Berzerkgodzilla
G-Grasper

Post by Berzerkgodzilla »

No, not at all

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Well... actually a bit, yes. But before everyone jumps on me, it's really because of how I was treated way back in the mid-earlier grades. Belive it or not, I was made fun of and teased constantly for liking dinosaurs. Yes, you read right. For liking shreeonk dinosaurs! Because of this, I'm a little afraid to let people know I'm a Godzilla fan to this day. I mean, if I experienced people making fun of me for liking dinosaurs of all things, then my subconscious believes that Godzilla would produce even worse results. So I tend to keep my fan-self quiet around people that I don't know really well. It's just something that happened earlier in life that has affected me. Do I regret liking Godzilla? Of course not! I love Godzilla! But I'm not exactly keen on admitting that I'm a Godzilla fan to other people.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:Well... actually a bit, yes. But before everyone jumps on me, it's really because of how I was treated way back in the mid-earlier grades. Belive it or not, I was made fun of and teased constantly for liking dinosaurs. Yes, you read right. For liking shreeonk dinosaurs! Because of this, I'm a little afraid to let people know I'm a Godzilla fan to this day. I mean, if I experienced people making fun of me for liking dinosaurs of all things, then my subconscious believes that Godzilla would produce even worse results. So I tend to keep my fan-self quiet around people that I don't know really well. It's just something that happened earlier in life that has affected me. Do I regret liking Godzilla? Of course not! I love Godzilla! But I'm not exactly keen on admitting that I'm a Godzilla fan to other people.
In the words of the TF2 Engineer: Wat.

I have no idea how people would make fun of someone for liking dinosaurs.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

Ok so I'm in my 20s now so i'm hitting that "I dont give a fuck" stage in my life, BUT, I'm not gonna lie that while in high school it did get alittle hard to just admit my love for Godzilla movies.
I even got out of Godzilla movies for a bit. The millenium era didn't help much.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Living Corpse wrote:I..wha-how? Okay I think I just suffered a blue screen of death I thought kids F'N LOVED Dinosaurs! :dizzy:

That was normal in my childhood, every kid including me LOVED dinosarus even before knowing about Jurassic Park, hell even the girls loved them. I don't know what to say about the kids you grew up with Kaiju King other then I'm very confused.
I don't really understand it either. :? Granted, not all of them did it, but still, the fact that it happened...
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Dash 7
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dash 7 »

Nope. I never got made fun of it for it. So I am happy to be one.
Official Tokusatsu TV expert of TK.