Future Toho aliens

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
KaijuDuke
Interpol Agent

Future Toho aliens

Postby KaijuDuke » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:04 am

During the 60s and 70s Toho typically portrayed their aliens as being baseline human in appearance, only with silly looking "space suits" to confirm they weren't from earth, though some of them did have inhuman true forms (which we saw little of XD). However, when the Xiliens returned for the Milliennium series, they again looked like human beings only wearing Matrix style outfits, and while they did have true alien forms, we barely saw them and when we did they looked pretty awful (like the dummy corpse scene from Final Wars). That being said, when Toho begins making Godzilla films again in the future, would you prefer it if they made more inhuman looking aliens instead of relying on guys wearing leather jackets and sunglasses like in Final Wars? And if so, would you prefer it if they came up with entirely new alien races or would you rather see more updated versions of oldschool Toho aliens like the Kilaaks, Xiliens, Natarls, etc

I mean, I'm not picky, I can accept someone as alien as long as they have some slightly inhuman looking features like pointy ears, nose ridges, or odd skin coloration, just look at Star Trek and DC comics, works for them. As a matter of fact, I PREFER such tactics over what happened in Final Wars, in which we got glimpses of the Xilien's natural fish faced forms but Toho was too cheap to show them like that for the rest of the movie. They just come up with an excuse about how they prefer human appearance over their natural states, which is kinda like saying you like looking like a cow considering how adamant they were about humanity being nothing more than cattle to them.

What say you all? :xilien:

Gojira-Fan
G-Grasper

Re: Future Toho aliens

Postby Gojira-Fan » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:50 am

It depends on what works best for the story and film.

edgaguirus
E.S.P.Spy

Postby edgaguirus » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:51 pm

There are a couple of races from the Showa era I'd like to see, but a well designed inhuman alien would be a welcome difference. The might do something similar to Gamera vs Viras; The aliens( without their diguise) resemble their giant monster.
Kaiju are just like people- giant, radioactive people.

Megalon went into a bar and saw Gigan. Megalon said, " Again? I thought you gave this up."
" What can I say," Gigan asked. " I'm hooked."

KaijuDuke
Interpol Agent

Postby KaijuDuke » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:31 pm

edgaguirus wrote:There are a couple of races from the Showa era I'd like to see, but a well designed inhuman alien would be a welcome difference. The might do something similar to Gamera vs Viras; The aliens( without their diguise) resemble their giant monster.

Would you like to see Showa era aliens redesigned to look less human? or for them to have better looking true forms that we see for more than just a brief moment in the film? I mean, the concept art for the Xiliens looked ALOT better than how they actually looked in the film, I could totally accept them as pale skinned, pupil-less vulcan looking dudes if Toho couldn't splurge for good looking full body fish alien suits (face makeup effects worked out for the Star Trek series afterall). I mean, the fact that they at least designed the totally alien looking fishman forms at least shows that its possible to completely redesign old alien characters effectively...as long as ya end up using them XD

I mean, I wouldn't mind seeing the Kilaaks or Xiliens again if they had real alien forms that we got to see for prolonged periods, but next time I definitely think Toho should introduce aliens who look alien for the whole film just for a change of pace, even if they have humanoid traits.

antovald20
Terminated
Terminated

Postby antovald20 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:02 pm

I would like to see an alien race that made King Ghidorah, like a Dragon-Humanoid.
"Continuity gotta love it. :D"- antovald20

EVERY KAIJU FAN SHOULD CHECK THIS OUT! HIT THE LINK BELOW!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxd7cleqz74

GODZILLA VS GAMERA! THE ULTIMATE BATTLE IS FINALLY HERE! CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO SEE
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iMOl-amah8w

edgaguirus
E.S.P.Spy

Postby edgaguirus » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:58 pm

The Garoga? Right?

Sci Fi television series have made excellent make up and masks for non human looking aliens. I guess it's just cheaper for Toho to have aliens that look like us.
Kaiju are just like people- giant, radioactive people.

Megalon went into a bar and saw Gigan. Megalon said, " Again? I thought you gave this up."
" What can I say," Gigan asked. " I'm hooked."

antovald20
Terminated
Terminated

Postby antovald20 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:43 pm

In the future the Garoga should look more like this.Image
"Continuity gotta love it. :D"- antovald20

EVERY KAIJU FAN SHOULD CHECK THIS OUT! HIT THE LINK BELOW!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxd7cleqz74

GODZILLA VS GAMERA! THE ULTIMATE BATTLE IS FINALLY HERE! CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO SEE
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iMOl-amah8w

ScootaVaran
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby ScootaVaran » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:28 am

antovald20 wrote:I would like to see an alien race that made King Ghidorah, like a Dragon-Humanoid.

I always thought of Ghidorah as an actual spieces and not a creation like Gigan.

In that same thought, seeing a planet full of Ghidorahs (Ghidorains?) would be kinda cool. Fat ones, small ones, single heads, five headed whatever.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

KaijuDuke
Interpol Agent

Postby KaijuDuke » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:37 pm

ScootaVaran wrote:
antovald20 wrote:I would like to see an alien race that made King Ghidorah, like a Dragon-Humanoid.

I always thought of Ghidorah as an actual spieces and not a creation like Gigan.

In that same thought, seeing a planet full of Ghidorahs (Ghidorains?) would be kinda cool. Fat ones, small ones, single heads, five headed whatever.

Ghidorah's alien origin leaves open alot of possibilities, whether it be that he's somesort of super weapon gone rogue or a freak of nature or even a monster that somehow evolved and adapted to a lifecycle of plundering planets.

Return to “General Toho Films”