Godzilla: the beginning

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Godzilla: the beginning

Post by Godzilla165 »

How much pain do you think he would have experienced during the mutation?

#BotM

Julia Bristow
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla: the beginning

Post by Julia Bristow »

About as much pain as I feel while watching Beats of Yucca Flats
All Movie snobs can just f off IMO

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

Actually, he felt an incredible high. All this feeding on nuclear energy? Chasing the Dragon.

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Post by TokyoVigilante »

Enough pain that only dozens upon dozens of music videos of Linkin Park set to his films can express.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury

GotengoXGodzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by GotengoXGodzilla »

Sydney Aradi wrote:About as much pain as I feel while watching Beats of Yucca Flats
The Beast Of Yucca Flats is a breeze compared to Monster-A-Go-Go. I still hold that is the absolute worst film ever made. Even MST3K couldn't make it enjoyable.
Check out my film blog - Seeing Is Believing

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Cant be as painful as Garbage Pail Kids. According to the Nostalgia Critic, that movie broke the fabric of time and space :freak:
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

Godzilla165 wrote:How much pain do you think he would have experienced during the mutation?
I'd imagined it hurt like crazy........ I cant think of a stupid movie to add.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

wrongnote85
G-Force Personnel

Post by wrongnote85 »

Godzilla165 wrote:How much pain do you think he would have experienced during the mutation?
i read somewhere that the reason his skin is all bumpy looking is to make it look like he suffered heavy scaring from the a bomb blasts. so yea, i'm sure he wasn't too happy nor feeling all that great.
Last edited by wrongnote85 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Huan_of_Valinor
G-Force Personnel

Post by Huan_of_Valinor »

GotengoXGodzilla wrote:
Sydney Aradi wrote:About as much pain as I feel while watching Beats of Yucca Flats
The Beast Of Yucca Flats is a breeze compared to Monster-A-Go-Go. I still hold that is the absolute worst film ever made. Even MST3K couldn't make it enjoyable.
for me the worst film is either Monster a Go Go or Manos: the Hands of Fate. it's just about neck and neck between the two, and i agree that even the Beast of Yucca Flats is not as bad as those two

on topic, probably more painful than the Adamantium infusion that wolverine went through
Gojirawars 03 wrote: The Giant Condor is a blessing upon this Earth, however. He's easily the most important and most powerful kaiju in the franchise. so powerful that Godzilla is helpless against his power, and pleads for mercy, which the gracious Condor grants him. I mean, even the editor wasn't able to show a single shot of the Condor onscreen for more than half a second, because no-one can handle that much sheer power for more than a second.

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

Huan_of_Valinor wrote:
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:
for me the worst film is either Monster a Go Go or Manos: the Hands of Fate. it's just about neck and neck between the two, and i agree that even the Beast of Yucca Flats is not as bad as those two

on topic, probably more painful than the Adamantium infusion that wolverine went through

lol I actually watched Manos with my wife. She hated it so much that she threatin to leave me if i ever played it again in her persences.

So like the good husband I am, I recorded the music with Torgo walking on my cell phone and play it while crawling into bed.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan

ghidorasauras
Interpol Agent

Post by ghidorasauras »

^ now that's how you get her in the mood ;)
Svitska Donkun wrote:Godzilla vs. Robot was best one. It was my favorite of movies. Especially part where Godzilla becomes magnet. I wish I could be magnet, but for people. Maybe then Mama will love me despite me not coming from her womb.

GotengoXGodzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by GotengoXGodzilla »

Huan_of_Valinor wrote:
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:

"Manos": The Hands Of Fate certainly falls into the category of "So bad, it's good". It's just so bad, that you can't help but laugh at how awful it gets. Therefore, I can't say it's one of the worst films ever made.

Monster-A-Go-Go, on the other hand, has no redeemable qualities whatsoever. It's just bad moment after bad moment, all with the worst possible film quality I've ever seen. You can't even enjoy it ironically. There is nothing enjoyable about that film.
Check out my film blog - Seeing Is Believing

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

Monster-A-Go-Go was bad.
The Incredibly Strange Creatures who Stopped Living and became Mix-up Zombies was worse.

Might have gone a bit off topic.

EDIT* Thought about it, Monster-A-Go-Go was worse. lol

Julia Bristow
EDF Instructor

Post by Julia Bristow »

IMO Monster A Go Go wasn't a bad film, sure campy as hell but to me it is good campy sleazy fun.
All Movie snobs can just f off IMO

Huan_of_Valinor
G-Force Personnel

Post by Huan_of_Valinor »

Huan_of_Valinor wrote:
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:

"Manos": The Hands Of Fate certainly falls into the category of "So bad, it's good". It's just so bad, that you can't help but laugh at how awful it gets. Therefore, I can't say it's one of the worst films ever made.

Monster-A-Go-Go, on the other hand, has no redeemable qualities whatsoever. It's just bad moment after bad moment, all with the worst possible film quality I've ever seen. You can't even enjoy it ironically. There is nothing enjoyable about that film.[/quote]

well yeah i sorta agree... i'll compromise and say that they're as bad as eachother in different ways.

besides, monster a go go is actually 2 different movies put together lol, manos is only one "movie" lol

we should probably stop derailing the thread ;)
Gojirawars 03 wrote: The Giant Condor is a blessing upon this Earth, however. He's easily the most important and most powerful kaiju in the franchise. so powerful that Godzilla is helpless against his power, and pleads for mercy, which the gracious Condor grants him. I mean, even the editor wasn't able to show a single shot of the Condor onscreen for more than half a second, because no-one can handle that much sheer power for more than a second.