Page 4 of 9

Re: Best End of Era Film

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:34 pm
by GodzillaDude
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:
MechaZillaClone wrote:Honestly, GFW has my vote. it showed that Godzilla and his son were taking a break from fighting by going to the sea. But when the G-man looked back and roared, it was like he was saying "I'll be back." Thats why I thought it was a good end of era movie.


...Terror Of MechaGodzilla does the exact same thing, and is overall a much better movie than Godzilla: Final Wars.


Some including myself will disagree with you there. I was far more entertained by everything in Godzilla Final Wars. Although Destroyah still gets my vote as the Best End of Era film I thought Final Wars was the 2nd best one because it was basically one hyper energized fun entertaining flick all the way through...at least for me and some others on here.

Re: Best End of Era Film

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:55 pm
by GotengoXGodzilla
GodzillaDude wrote:
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:
MechaZillaClone wrote:Honestly, GFW has my vote. it showed that Godzilla and his son were taking a break from fighting by going to the sea. But when the G-man looked back and roared, it was like he was saying "I'll be back." Thats why I thought it was a good end of era movie.


...Terror Of MechaGodzilla does the exact same thing, and is overall a much better movie than Godzilla: Final Wars.


Some including myself will disagree with you there. I was far more entertained by everything in Godzilla Final Wars. Although Destroyah still gets my vote as the Best End of Era film I thought Final Wars was the 2nd best one because it was basically one hyper energized fun entertaining flick all the way through...at least for me and some others on here.


...*sigh*

Okay, I'm not talking about personal opinion or enjoyment. I'm talking about critically analyzing the films and coming to a clear decision as to which one is better. That's why I said "and is overall a much better movie."

Critically, Terror Of MechaGodzilla is a pretty damn good film, with deep and complex characters in Dr. Mafune and Katsura, well made monster scenes for the budget that the film had, an engaging score, and an ending that was bold and surprising, making it stick out above many other Godzilla films.

Godzilla: Final Wars, on the other hand, is a piece of garbage. Even removing personal bias, the film is still awfully put together. With a hodgepodge story that is unoriginal in nearly every regard, bland and uninteresting characters, pacing that ranges from a snail's pace to so fast that if you blink you'll miss it, badly incorporated monster scenes that seem tacked on by the studio, a sync soundtrack that does not belong in a film like this, and a villain that fails at being villainous. Critically, Godzilla: Final Wars is one of the worst made Godzilla films.

Thus, critically, Terror Of MechaGodzilla is much better film then Godzilla: Final Wars. If you're entertained by GFW, that's fine, but I'm not talking about personal enjoyment at the moment. Personal enjoyment is different and should often be separated from critical evaluation.

Re: Best End of Era Film

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:59 pm
by GodzillaDude
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:...*sigh*

Okay, I'm not talking about personal opinion or enjoyment. I'm talking about critically analyzing the films and coming to a clear decision as to which one is better. That's why I said "and is overall a much better movie."

Critically, Terror Of MechaGodzilla is a pretty damn good film, with deep and complex characters in Dr. Mafune and Katsura, well made monster scenes for the budget that the film had, an engaging score, and an ending that was bold and surprising, making it stick out above many other Godzilla films.

Godzilla: Final Wars, on the other hand, is a piece of garbage. Even removing personal bias, the film is still awfully put together. With a hodgepodge story that is unoriginal in nearly every regard, bland and uninteresting characters, pacing that ranges from a snail's pace to so fast that if you blink you'll miss it, badly incorporated monster scenes that seem tacked on by the studio, a sync soundtrack that does not belong in a film like this, and a villain that fails at being villainous. Critically, Godzilla: Final Wars is one of the worst made Godzilla films.

Thus, critically, Terror Of MechaGodzilla is much better film then Godzilla: Final Wars. If you're entertained by GFW, that's fine, but I'm not talking about personal enjoyment at the moment. Personal enjoyment is different and should often be separated from critical evaluation.


Okay I admit critically GFW is not that great but as far as my personal enjoyment goes it is my 3rd favorite Godzilla movie of all time. It felt like a big anniversary bash! I liked Terror of Mechagodzilla no question but I like GFW helluva lot more. I found the characters to be a lot more entertaining then the usual.

Re: Best End of Era Film

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:11 pm
by GotengoXGodzilla
GodzillaDude wrote:
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:...*sigh*

Okay, I'm not talking about personal opinion or enjoyment. I'm talking about critically analyzing the films and coming to a clear decision as to which one is better. That's why I said "and is overall a much better movie."

Critically, Terror Of MechaGodzilla is a pretty damn good film, with deep and complex characters in Dr. Mafune and Katsura, well made monster scenes for the budget that the film had, an engaging score, and an ending that was bold and surprising, making it stick out above many other Godzilla films.

Godzilla: Final Wars, on the other hand, is a piece of garbage. Even removing personal bias, the film is still awfully put together. With a hodgepodge story that is unoriginal in nearly every regard, bland and uninteresting characters, pacing that ranges from a snail's pace to so fast that if you blink you'll miss it, badly incorporated monster scenes that seem tacked on by the studio, a sync soundtrack that does not belong in a film like this, and a villain that fails at being villainous. Critically, Godzilla: Final Wars is one of the worst made Godzilla films.

Thus, critically, Terror Of MechaGodzilla is much better film then Godzilla: Final Wars. If you're entertained by GFW, that's fine, but I'm not talking about personal enjoyment at the moment. Personal enjoyment is different and should often be separated from critical evaluation.


Okay I admit critically GFW is not that great but as far as my personal enjoyment goes it is my 3rd favorite Godzilla movie of all time. It felt like a big anniversary bash! I liked Terror of Mechagodzilla no question but I like GFW helluva lot more. I found the characters to be a lot more entertaining then the usual.


That has nothing to do with my "Terror Of MechaGodzilla is overall a much better movie than Godzilla: Final Wars" argument. Like I said, if you like GFW, that's fine. But critically, GFW is one of the worst Godzilla films.

Re: Best End of Era Film

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:28 pm
by Dr. Nishiyama
Destroy All Monsters gets my vote since it was intended to be the end of an era, and it sorta was with the passing of Tsuburaya in 1970 as well as the collapse of the Japanese film industry resulting in many key players not coming back to the 70s entries (sans TOMG).

Terror, while a good movie (minus the confusing script) was never intended to be the last of the showa series (the end to that one was no different to any other entry in the 70s) With DAM, you get a sense of closure. The monsters live happily ever after on Monster Land in the far off future of the year of 1999.

I also felt GFW's ending was reminiscent of the 70s entries, with Godzilla heading out to see and roaring goodbye (like in Gigan and TOMG)

Destoroyah, I think, also had a nice conclusion. Godzilla dies, but another one is born. Reminded me of what the Futurians said in GvsKG about Godzilla's birth being inevitable in just about any scenario. (although I still find the Destorotah bland and dull for the most part)

Also in the subbed version of GvsD, the Super X3 captain, before lifting off for one last time, says something like, "Our budget for next year is at zero. Let's hope there will be a next year". In the dubbed version, he says something like "Let's take out that big lizard". UGH!)

Re: Best End of Era Film

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:24 pm
by GodzillaDude
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:
GodzillaDude wrote:
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:...*sigh*

Okay, I'm not talking about personal opinion or enjoyment. I'm talking about critically analyzing the films and coming to a clear decision as to which one is better. That's why I said "and is overall a much better movie."

Critically, Terror Of MechaGodzilla is a pretty damn good film, with deep and complex characters in Dr. Mafune and Katsura, well made monster scenes for the budget that the film had, an engaging score, and an ending that was bold and surprising, making it stick out above many other Godzilla films.

Godzilla: Final Wars, on the other hand, is a piece of garbage. Even removing personal bias, the film is still awfully put together. With a hodgepodge story that is unoriginal in nearly every regard, bland and uninteresting characters, pacing that ranges from a snail's pace to so fast that if you blink you'll miss it, badly incorporated monster scenes that seem tacked on by the studio, a sync soundtrack that does not belong in a film like this, and a villain that fails at being villainous. Critically, Godzilla: Final Wars is one of the worst made Godzilla films.

Thus, critically, Terror Of MechaGodzilla is much better film then Godzilla: Final Wars. If you're entertained by GFW, that's fine, but I'm not talking about personal enjoyment at the moment. Personal enjoyment is different and should often be separated from critical evaluation.


Okay I admit critically GFW is not that great but as far as my personal enjoyment goes it is my 3rd favorite Godzilla movie of all time. It felt like a big anniversary bash! I liked Terror of Mechagodzilla no question but I like GFW helluva lot more. I found the characters to be a lot more entertaining then the usual.


That has nothing to do with my "Terror Of MechaGodzilla is overall a much better movie than Godzilla: Final Wars" argument. Like I said, if you like GFW, that's fine. But critically, GFW is one of the worst Godzilla films.


I think GFW is a much better movie because it is far more entertaining when it comes to the human characters, kaiju and just about everything else. That's why it is better.

Re: Best End of Era Film

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:40 pm
by GotengoXGodzilla
I think GFW is a much better movie because it is far more entertaining when it comes to the human characters, kaiju and just about everything else. That's why it is better.


...Wow, that's a really vague and un-descriptive response. You might as well have said, "I think GFW is better because it's better."

What you just told says nothing about the film, or tells me why the film is better. You just mention the characters and monsters, but nothing about why they're so "good". Besides, you contradict yourself immediately..."GFW is a much better movie because it's far more entertaining..."

You go straight from critical analysis to personal opinion. Not to mention, what I said about analyzing GFW and ToMG critically still stands. Comparing those two, I would say that the characters in ToMG are much better than the characters from GFW. Also, "just about everything else" always makes me laugh, because it makes that person look like they can't come up with anything better to say, but wanted a third good point anyway, so they continue to be as vague as possible.

Yeah, I still stand by what I said.

Re: Best End of Era Film

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:48 pm
by RedZillaKing
GFW had some very impressive suits and special effects. Can't say much more about it. It's a mark of shame that will stain Godzilla till we get another good film.

Re: Best End of Era Film

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:52 pm
by GodzillaDude
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:
I think GFW is a much better movie because it is far more entertaining when it comes to the human characters, kaiju and just about everything else. That's why it is better.


...Wow, that's a really vague and un-descriptive response. You might as well have said, "I think GFW is better because it's better."

What you just told says nothing about the film, or tells me why the film is better. You just mention the characters and monsters, but nothing about why they're so "good". Besides, you contradict yourself immediately..."GFW is a much better movie because it's far more entertaining..."

You go straight from critical analysis to personal opinion. Not to mention, what I said about analyzing GFW and ToMG critically still stands. Comparing those two, I would say that the characters in ToMG are much better than the characters from GFW. Also, "just about everything else" always makes me laugh, because it makes that person look like they can't come up with anything better to say, but wanted a third good point anyway, so they continue to be as vague as possible.

Yeah, I still stand by what I said.


I like the...

Captain Gordon character because...he actually has a backstory with Godzilla, certain scenes had some good acting, has a good personality, can give laughs and was badass with the sword.

Shinichi Ozaki character because...his scenes showed some good acting, he made you actually care about the character, and his character has some good exchanges at the end with

The main villain Xilien Leader...his acting burned arrogance and cockiness, interesting that that exact quality led to his eventual downfall

Godzilla's release was one of the most epic scenes in the franchise with the subtle blue flash and than Gigan was nailed with the Atomic Ray and the music went perfectly with it in that scene.

Although the score didn't really fit with the Godzilla franchise as a whole it made the scenes feel more epic to me.

Although the monster battles were short they were also sweet because every move that happened was exciting and the final battle was great because it invovled 2 on 2 at one point as well as 1 on 2 and it was interesting how Godzilla dealt with both Monster X and Gigan at once and than did a new version of the Spiral Ray at the end to destroy Keizer Ghidorah.

Re: Best End of Era Film

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:58 pm
by Legionmaster
Guys, stop liking things GxG doesn't like. Because you're wrong.

Re: Best End of Era Film

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:06 pm
by antovald20
^True can't like something unless it's from the Showa era.

Re: Best End of Era Film

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:11 pm
by RedZillaKing
Awww poop here comes the six page length response from GxG....

Re: Best End of Era Film

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:13 pm
by Lawsford
RedZillaKing wrote:Awww poop here comes the six page length response from GxG....

This should be fun :lol:

Re: Best End of Era Film

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:16 pm
by VamprisArachne
L Lawliet wrote:
RedZillaKing wrote:Awww poop here comes the six page length response from GxG....

This should be fun :lol:


I'll start the popcorn! :huge:

Re: Best End of Era Film

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:17 pm
by antovald20
I can't wait! I just love reading these post.Ha!

Re: Best End of Era Film

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:18 pm
by Lawsford
VamprisArachne wrote:
L Lawliet wrote:
RedZillaKing wrote:Awww poop here comes the six page length response from GxG....

This should be fun :lol:


I'll start the popcorn! :huge:

I'll get the Sodas and Nachos!

Re: Best End of Era Film

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:23 pm
by ghidorasauras
^ really? really?! REALLY???!!!!

Re: Best End of Era Film

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:25 pm
by Lawsford
ghidorasauras wrote:^ really? really?! REALLY???!!!!

YES!
Image
and
Image
Now let's wait till the show starts!

Re: Best End of Era Film

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:29 pm
by RedZillaKing
Yeah, really. The guy always responds even when a freakin' response isn't necessary. And if you call him out on something he's blatantly wrong about suddenly he "doesn't care". I freakin' agree with him and I find this debate obnoxious. The only reason I'm reading this thread is for the interesting points others have made.

Who responds to something like: I grew up with Heisei so your not gonna change my opinbion goodbye!!!111!! Only someone so freakin' contrary that they'll collapse if they don't.

I didn't mean to start a spam chain.

Re: Best End of Era Film

Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:32 pm
by ghidorasauras
^^ oh well okay! and now the show begins...