I like them all in some way (s) but my Top 10 favorites in order are...
1. Godzilla 2000 (Favorite Godzilla suit, Regenerator G1 story was really interesting with learning that Godzilla is virtually immortal, likeable characters, good atmosphere near the climax, GREAT score/good score placement, Orga had a good design, final battle is exciting, ending is well done, also the first Godzilla/kaiju film in general I ever seen so some extra attachment to it because of that)
2. Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah (Good story, characters, favorite Godzilla suit, really enjoyed the backstory with the soldiers and war, the time travel future story is a bit off but I got past it quickly, the Godzilla & King Ghidorah fight is well paced, the Godzilla & Mecha-King Ghidorah fight is very entertaining, overall good special effects, particularly liked the big city Tokyo set)
3. Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II (Good story, likeable characters, good Godzilla suit, the scene where Godzilla is right up to the building that Baby Godzilla is in is memorable to me, all battles are good, Rodan while stiff looks pretty good)
4. Godzilla vs. Biollante (I was actually intrigued by some of the characters and the story as well, gotta love Miki, Godzilla suit looked pretty good, Biollante is the most uniquely designed and executed kaiju in any of the eras, Biollante looked great on film, solid effects in general, enjoyed Godzilla's escape from the volcano, the final battle is incredible...just a bit shorter than expected, enjoyed the concept & execution of the Anti-Nuclear Bacteria, ending was satisfying, "Godzilla and Biollante aren't monsters. It's the unscrupulous scientists who create them that are monsters.")
5. Godzilla Final Wars (Action-packed, likeable characters, both the monster and human scenes I enjoyed, unfitting score but at the same time it made the scenes feel more epic, the lighting in the final battles after Monster X's meteor hits makes it feel very post apocalyptic, battles are too short excluding Keizer battle, Godzilla suit isn't the best or the worst)
6. Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla (One of the better later Godzilla suits, the character of Akane and the actress's performance really made the movie for me, decent development, I really love the stock footage scene with Gaira & Mothra, the battles are okay but could have been better, the absolute zero cannon was a pretty good concept and executed fairly well for the most part, some very good destruction and military battle scenes with Godzilla, good score but not very memorable, Akane's character is the only thing that makes this film better then Megaguirus to me)
7. Godzilla vs. Megaguirus (Great Godzilla suit that is only tweaked slightly from G2K which is my favorite suit, Megaguirus looks fairly realistic and his way and method of attacking is pretty unique, I really enjoyed the first man-made black hole and thought it played into the story well and made for some memorable scenes, the fight with Godzilla and the smaller insects on the island is a pretty cool scene, the final battle between Godzilla and Megaguirus is very exciting and almost has an old-school like feel to it, the score isn't that great or memorable at all, good thrilling ending, cool after credits scene)
8. Son of Godzilla (The film has the most charm out of any Godzilla movie, I enjoy the final fight with Kumonga and have a soft spot for the brief Godzilla and Kamacuras fight, Minya looks decent, the Godzilla suit isn't bad but the face almost ruins it, no memorable human characters, great and touching ending)
9. Gojira (Solid score, good Godzilla suit, great tone and atmosphere, the presence of Godzilla in the dark of the night is handled well, the destruction scenes are well done, decent human characters, compelling concepts and ideas, I really like the final underwater scene with Serizawa and Godzilla, the ending is good but feels a little empty)
10. Godzilla vs. Hedorah (Hedorah looks great and is one of the most unique and well executed kaiju to come out of the Showa series, the Godzilla suit is okay and better then some of the other ones from the same era, no memorable human characters, the club and dancing scenes are just odd, the score doesn't fit at all, the final battle is decent)
Last edited by GodzillaDude
on Wed May 22, 2013 12:11 pm, edited 30 times in total.